ADVERTISEMENT

I'm a fat, attention seeking.....

Nope. I'm washing my hair.

Y'all gripe when the board is moderated and gripe when it isn't. Decide which you want...not to what degree.
Seriously? We gripe when you do it and it's not needed. Obviously, when people start leaving it's needed. Just shut down the thread so we can move on.

Just shut down the thread so we can move on.

Seriously? Locking the thread doesn't solve the problem. This is supposed to be the adult board, right? Move on yourselves. Did you forget how NOT to open a thread? Did your ignore function suddenly stop working? I see two posters that have never gotten along responding to each other. If they ignore each other the thread dies. End of problem.

Y'all gripe when the board is moderated and gripe when it isn't. Decide which you want...not to what degree.

I vote to keep it just like it is. We can work out issues amongst ourselves

And Bent is right. If you don't like it, don't read it.

Since none of you actually personally know each other, I suggest you not take negative posts about you with anything more than a grain of salt. I'm sure all of our friends have said worse to us at times and we forgave them and moved on.

And, just be nice, this is supposed to be an escape from the crap in our real lives, no point in bringing it here.

Since none of you actually personally know each other, I suggest you not take negative posts about you with anything more than a grain of salt. I'm sure all of our friends have said worse to us at times and we forgave them and moved on.

And, just be nice, this is supposed to be an escape from the crap in our real lives, no point in bringing it here.

Actually AJ, several of us do personally know each other. And almost all of us, with very few exceptions, have been on this board for a long time and for the most part, seem to get along just fine.

Yesterday's morass had one goal and it seems it was achieved, and it had nothing to do with how seriously I take a personal insult or politics on a message board.

Reactions: andrew jones

Apologies for the miscommunication. I do not believe we should have over-policing. I am a firm believer in allowing the "locker room to police itself" because you get a better product that way...goes for any environment, real life of message board. JMHO. What you're doing is the preferred route. I'm just poking fun.

I will admit though that I think there's an element of common sense that we all should have, individually, to know when we've gone too far. Anything you put on the internet - you'd better damn well be prepared for the world to know b/c you can never (truly) delete it. That's on you. There's a lot of stock that can be placed in the notion of "taking a breather" and calming down. But hey -- at least it's good entertainment value for the rest of us.

Seriously? Locking the thread doesn't solve the problem. This is supposed to be the adult board, right? Move on yourselves. Did you forget how NOT to open a thread? Did your ignore function suddenly stop working? I see two posters that have never gotten along responding to each other. If they ignore each other the thread dies. End of problem.
Can you send me a DM or email me at mlittle0910@hotmail.com so we can talk privately?

giphy.gif

Apologies for the miscommunication. I do not believe we should have over-policing. I am a firm believer in allowing the "locker room to police itself" because you get a better product that way...goes for any environment, real life of message board. JMHO. What you're doing is the preferred route. I'm just poking fun.

I will admit though that I think there's an element of common sense that we all should have, individually, to know when we've gone too far. Anything you put on the internet - you'd better damn well be prepared for the world to know b/c you can never (truly) delete it. That's on you. There's a lot of stock that can be placed in the notion of "taking a breather" and calming down. But hey -- at least it's good entertainment value for the rest of us.

No problem. I'd rather just let you guys work it out, especially when it involves just a couple of folks, although I admit I'd rather not see all the personal attacks and profanity.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
No problem. I'd rather just let you guys work it out, especially when it involves just a couple of folks, although I admit I'd rather not see all the personal attacks and profanity.

I agree. I would much rather not have to respond to vulgar poasts with vulgar poasts, but apparently it was necessary to make my point.

Actually AJ, several of us do personally know each other. And almost all of us, with very few exceptions, have been on this board for a long time and for the most part, seem to get along just fine.

Yesterday's morass had one goal and it seems it was achieved, and it had nothing to do with how seriously I take a personal insult or politics on a message board.

Okay, I stand corrected on that. I just don't like to see negativity because there's too much of that outside of THI. I want everyone to have a pleasant experience here. And I agree, negativity is rare, but this was brought to my attention by multiple people, otherwise I never would have posted.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
Did you make your point? Rule #1 in effective communication is getting the recipient to fully understand your message. I'm skeptical at-best that this occurred.

I suppose time will tell. But I am pretty sure the rest of the board understood what was going on.

Reactions: UNC '92
Okay, I stand corrected on that. I just don't like to see negativity because there's too much of that outside of THI. I want everyone to have a pleasant experience here. And I agree, negativity is rare, but this was brought to my attention by multiple people, otherwise I never would have posted.

Sure. I would much prefer not to go negative either. And the person who was on the receiving end knew that I had her on ignore and still chose to make personal attacks. It was by random chance that I un-ignored a thread and when I saw what she had poasted, I decided it was time to make my position clear in no uncertain terms.

Which is to say in my view, you will be treated on OOTB exactly as you treat others. Make a personal attack, receive a personal attack. Get aggressive with someone (THBB), and expect to have that aggression reciprocated. It's really quite simple and almost everyone seems to get it and has played by that rule for a decade or more. Just because some outsider doesn't grasp the obvious it is no reason to change the rule.

Sure. I would much prefer not to go negative either. And the person who was on the receiving end knew that I had her on ignore and still chose to make personal attacks. It was by random chance that I un-ignored a thread and when I saw what she had poasted, I decided it was time to make my position clear in no uncertain terms.

Which is to say in my view, you will be treated on OOTB exactly as you treat others. Make a personal attack, receive a personal attack. Get aggressive with someone (THBB), and expect to have that aggression reciprocated. It's really quite simple and almost everyone seems to get it and has played by that rule for a decade or more. Just because some outsider doesn't grasp the obvious it is no reason to change the rule.

Fair enough. Just keep it decent. I do get complaints and usually let them play out on their own.

I suppose time will tell. But I am pretty sure the rest of the board understood what was going on.

As is the case in sports -- the instigator is not the one flagged. (hint)

I think things have been brewing for a while, and part of this boils down to gullibility. The sarcasm here is on a level that isn't easily comprehended by others. When you get into an argument with people who don't really understand what you're saying, their natural reaction is to "dumb down" the argument so both sides are speaking on the same level -- which is what we ended up with yesterday. Have to be intuitive enough to realize that is happening and understand how to avoid it.

I think things have been brewing for a while part of this boils down to gullibility. The sarcasm here is on a level that isn't easily comprehended by others. When you get into an argument with people who don't really understand what you're saying, their natural reaction is to "dumb down" the argument so both sides are speaking on the same level -- which is what we ended up with yesterday. Have to be intuitive enough to realizing that is happening and understand how to avoid it.

You think after yesterday's bloodbath that your point is now understood? I'm not sure, but there is a better chance now than there was before.

You think after yesterday's bloodbath that your point is now understood? I'm not sure, but there is a better chance now than there was before.

Truthfully, no I don't...because the only outcome was two sides that are pissed off at each other and beating their chest to those in their "corner". I don't think anything was accomplished outside of that. But that's just me.

I think things have been brewing for a while, and part of this boils down to gullibility. The sarcasm here is on a level that isn't easily comprehended by others. When you get into an argument with people who don't really understand what you're saying, their natural reaction is to "dumb down" the argument so both sides are speaking on the same level -- which is what we ended up with yesterday. Have to be intuitive enough to realizing that is happening and understand how to avoid it.
Except this isn't sports and we aren't people without a clue as to what previously got us to this point. While he had her on ignore and even in threads he hadn't yet participated, she continually could not get his name out of her mouth. There was no prior pushing or shoving. It was just her taking stupid shots because she doesn't like him and constantly wanted to remind everyone. Once again she couldn't play the game and once again she got her feelings hurt. This thread exists only because of her unwillingness to be "one of the guys" she routinely claims to be.

Reactions: UNC71-00
Except this isn't sports and we aren't people without a clue as to what previously got us to this point. While he had her on ignore and even in threads he hadn't yet participated, she continually could not get his name out of her mouth. There was no prior pushing or shoving. It was just her taking stupid shots because she doesn't like him and constantly wanted to remind everyone. Once again she couldn't play the game and once again she got her feelings hurt. This thread exists only because of her unwillingness to be "one of the guys" she routinely claims to be.

Don't miss the forest for the trees here. Sports or not, the general notion still applies that every argument finds a common denominator unless one side recognizes that, understands that, and adapts to it. That didn't happen, so we ended up on chick's level.

By the way -- thanks for making me sound like strum. Jackass. ;)

Don't miss the forest for the trees here. Sports or not, the general notion still applies that every argument finds a common denominator unless one side recognizes that, understands that, and adapts to it. That didn't happen, so we ended up on chick's level.

By the way -- thanks for making me sound like strum. Jackass. ;)
Oh I understand why arguments degenerate, I just prefer to remember how we got here instead of placing blame on both. It's the "but if not for" clause for me here. And I can apply that clause all the way back to the day she showed up. For me, OOTB was a better place before her presence. So if the end result is her threatening to leave for the 4th time, I'm ok. I just hope that for once she can set a goal and stick with it. History indicates this is another attention stunt and she'll be back though.

At the end of the day, there is a difference in Emotional, Social, and Cognitive Intelligence. They are 100% mutually exclusive, and a lack in any of them presents a weakness. You could be the smartest person on the planet, but if you cannot control your own emotions, then you have significantly diminished your ability to accomplish what you want to.

I do not think 71-00 is at fault for starting anything yesterday, but I do think that showing (not possessing, so don't get me twisted here) a higher Emotional IQ would have avoided all the drama and probably gotten the point across more clearly.

By the way, my rate is $250/hour and please do not steal the stress balls.

Bingo.

At the end of the day, there is a difference in Emotional, Social, and Cognitive Intelligence. They are 100% mutually exclusive, and a lack in any of them presents a weakness. You could be the smartest person on the planet, but if you cannot control your own emotions, then you have significantly diminished your ability to accomplish what you want to.
3564_fee51463caa859c.jpg

Reactions: Blue2010
I do not think 71-00 is at fault for starting anything yesterday, but I do think that showing (not possessing, so don't get me twisted here) a higher Emotional IQ would have avoided all the drama and probably gotten the point across more clearly.

You must have missed the first 2 months worth of poasts by me where I respectfully and gently tried to tell her she was missing the mark and needed to better understand this board (as have a host of others, including even Strum as recently as yesterday) before she tried to go on the offensive. That kind of reasoning apparently didn't work and the end result was the shit show that ensued on Monday.

But why would we advocate anyone to just up and leave? That's what makes this board fun IMO. If everyone felt the same way and thought the same way, it'd be boring and lame.
While I would not at all shed a tear if she left, it would take away from me getting a good laugh at most of what she says. I am only advocating for her to be a person of her word. It's her position, for the 4th time, that she leaves. I am saying this is all just another attention grab and doubt it will end up with her gone.

Last edited:
You must have missed the first 2 months worth of poasts by me where I respectfully and gently tried to tell her she was missing the mark and needed to better understand this board (as have a host of others, including even Strum as recently as yesterday) before she tried to go on the offensive. That kind of reasoning apparently didn't work and the end result was the shit show that ensued on Monday.

Oh I didn't miss them. That's just not how this works. The anatomy of an argument (without any regard to my previous posts):

1. Male makes intelligent comment.
2. Female does not understand, retorts with slight jab (clearling a baiting tactic)
3. Male elaborates on previous intelligent comment.
4. Female, visibly becoming uncomfortable by her own incomprehension, makes another jab, this time more pronounced.
5. Male, becoming annoyed by this tactic, diverts from intelligent argument.
6. Female, now in full-blown emotional tizzy, has lost control of her emotions and the only strategy is to lure male into same mental state.
7. Female accomplishes goal -- 3rd grade insult slinging ensues.
8. Female makes certain she gets last word - known as Last Word Lucy (for the laymans), believes she is taking the "high road" and walks away, not without one last insult.
9. Male is left with a "WTF just happened...aw f*ck it, I still won" attitude.
10. Nothing is accomplished.

Last edited:
Oh I didn't miss them. That's just not how this works. The anatomy of an argument (without any regard to my previous posts):

2. Female does not understand, retorts with slight jab (clearling a baiting tactic)
4. Female, visibly becoming uncomfortable by her own incomprehension, makes another jab, this time more pronounced.
5. Male, becoming annoyed by this tactic, diverts from intelligent argument.
6. Female, now in full-blown emotional tizzy, has lost control of her emotions and the only strategy is to lure male into same mental state.
7. Female accomplishes goal -- 3rd grade insult slinging ensures.
8. Female makes certain she gets last word - known as Last Word Lucy (for the laymans), believes she is taking the "high road" and walks away, not without one last insult.
9. Male is left with a "WTF just happened...aw f*ck it, I still won" attitude.
10. Nothing is accomplished.
Wrong! That is the Anatomy of an Argument for Single Men. The married one doesn't have nearly as many steps:

2. Female does not understand, retorts with slight jab (clearly you've seen this before but want to show you still have a little balls left)
5. Male, long ago defeated, shuts the hell up.
6. "Everybody" stays happy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT