ADVERTISEMENT

In What Olympic Event Would You Have the Best Chance at Not Finishing Last?

WhatTheHeel?

All-American
Mar 31, 2002
Saw this question on the TV in the gym while I was there at lunch and thought it might be a good question for this board. Lets say it has to be an individual event so you're not being carried by a team. Here's a list of the events: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2024_Summer_Olympics

Maybe we could answer it as if the event were today and also if you had until the summer of 2024 to prepare.

If it were today, I'd probably be in trouble. But I'd enter the marathon and bank on someone DNFing so all I'd have to do is finish to not be last. Otherwise, I might have to go with fencing and hope that some third world country fields a team that I can beat.

If it's in 2024, the answer may still be the same. Maybe I could get good enough at archery in two years to not be last.

Reactions: Archer2
Looking at the list of Summer events it wouldnt matter how long I practiced.. I'd finish last.

I might be able to get halfway through the marathon before the winner finishes.

finishing last isn't necessarily a bad thing. They should give metals for finishing last. Pretty sure I'd metal.

I think 3 on 3 basketball, if I played against some small ass random country on the women's side, I wouldn't be the worst one playing. I think.

Possibly archery. I was pretty good as a kid, Doubtful I could medal, but maybe could avoid last place.

Basketball, make me the 12th man, wouldn't complain about playing time, would double as water boy and towel guy!! 😁😁😁😁😁😁

finishing last isn't necessarily a bad thing. They should give metals for finishing last. Pretty sure I'd metal.
Yes, but...
1i6jne.jpg

Reactions: bluetoe
these are the threads that make ootb king.

mens volleyball…there would be a lot “yours…yours…yours”

having said, is basketball our best team event?…i don’t even know what team usa is good at anymore.

these are the threads that make ootb king.

mens volleyball…there would be a lot “yours…yours…yours”

having said, is basketball our best team event?…i don’t even know what team usa is good at anymore.
Golf is still an event right?

I think breakdancing is new this year. I definitely wouldn't finish last in that. I'd break more parts of me than anyone if I tried to do it.

Aside from track, the events (field) I most like to watch get the least air time. I was a javelin catcher in High School, so I'm partial to that event.

Knowing the dedication these athletes have put in…none

But the opening ceremonies were amazing

Don’t be surprised if USA does not win the men’s bball gold medal. Everyone else has caught up and there’s several teams as good

Knowing the dedication these athletes have put in…none

Don’t be surprised if USA does not win the men’s bball gold medal. Everyone else has caught up and there’s several teams as good
they could lose to serbia today

#notsureifserious

I mean, if I was a faggit, theatre major that didn’t care anything about sports, then maybe I would have liked that over-the-top and disconnected acty-whackty shit. I tuned in for a celebration of sports; not a performance of the Alphabet Club at the Juilliard school.

Reactions: chickenhunter
Also, look, I like Snoop as much as the next guy. But him carrying the torch is a clear indication that we are not a serious species anymore. Like, what in the world?

Also, how gangsta of him. LMAO

Reactions: bluetoe
#notsureifserious

I mean, if I was a faggit, theatre major that didn’t care anything about sports, then maybe I would have liked that over-the-top and disconnected acty-whackty shit. I tuned in for a celebration of sports; not a performance of the Alphabet Club at the Juilliard school.
Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

If sleeping were an event, I'd win, place, and show.

35 years ago, freestyle wrestling I may have had a extremely small chance...especially if I could wrestle down in weight. Like, Id weigh the same as I was back then (220 or so) but would wrestle as a featherweight. So, there is a chance.....

The contrast between the men’s and women’s US gymnastics team is night and day. The men seem genuinely supportive for each other and are very enthusiastic in being so. The women give each other awkward side hugs and seem disinterested when others on their team are competing.

So the Angolan or Armenian…something like that…female boxer controversy is interesting. First let me say I can see both sides so long as they’re based on facts. I’m not dying on either hill. So this is the gist as far as being able to compete as a woman.
Pros: She was born with a vagina, she was raised a girl, competed as a girl her whole career. She’s good but not great. She’s lost to numerous “real women”. She’s competing of course in a division of women of similar weight.
Cons: she failed a gender test last year in the world championships allegedly for high testosterone levels and having the xy chromosome. (The results have not been publicly published)She’s very masculine and could pass for a man easily.
Pros again: women do occasionally have the xy chromosome as well as high testosterone. It’s rare but does happen. She’s never been accused of doping and all indications are this is just how she was born.
Cons again: having the xy chromosome could mean she’s “intersex” which is a broad term but basically means you have traits of both sexes. So that would seem to be an unfair advantage. The one bout I watched looked like a huge mismatch. BUT genetic advantages exist in all sports ESPECIALLY the Olympics. It is after all a competition to find the strongest, fastest, etc and those born with certain genetic traits def have an advantage. Just look at how different body types excel at certain sports. Is naturally occurring high test any more unfair than being 7 feet tall or having a 44 in vertical?

Anyway there’s only two choices so would you put a person born with a vagina in the male? A person with xy chromosomes in the female? She’s not violating any rule of the IOC so she can’t be DQ’d

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT