ADVERTISEMENT

Injured players could return this week

every good offensive line has a leader, and i have a feeling polino was the leader on the line that stunned scar in the opener. plus, another capable lineman gives us some badly needed depth.
I agree about Polino being the leader. We’ve struggled at LG and he could be a settling influence there and alleviate some of the pressure teams have been putting on Sam now that they know what a good passer he is.

We really need Wolf back too.

every good offensive line has a leader, and i have a feeling polino was the leader on the line that stunned scar in the opener. plus, another capable lineman gives us some badly needed depth.
I tend to think you're correct about Polino, simply based on the way we dominated an SEC defensive front for almost 300 rushing yards in the first game of the season. We've only cleared 200 yards rushing two other times IIRC, and one of them was woeful Georgia Tech.

Mack said this AM that Ruder probably would not be able to play this weekend. But Polino, Wolfolk, Morrison, and Duck all probably can play.

He said that Polino has practiced at both C and LG.

We've had more problems at LG than any other OL position. Having Polino end could be huge for the rest of the season.

Of course, getting the much of the secondary back also could be huge.

Morrison has been draped on some pretty good receivers though. And last yr he was great tackling in space. Having him gives Bateman more trust on using safety in blitz or run support since he knows Morrison will at least bring his man down.

Reactions: Archer2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT