ADVERTISEMENT

J B Bukauskas passes up Millions ... Chooses Carolina.

keysersosay#1

Hall of Famer
Apr 7, 2006
17 year old flamethrower that attends the same HS as my daughter.

Had multimillion dollar signing bonuses on the table and scouts drooling all over him . #35 prospect in US, had to choose between the $ and Carolina, where he verbally committed months ago

Yesterday he made his choice...will pass up the $ and be a Tar Heel, saying he loves the school and wants the college experience

This kid is a MAJOR talent and you will hear a LOT from him next year.

wow I see where he asked to be left out of the 2014 draft sounds good for us
3dgrin.r191677.gif

even more impressive after researching him. he reclassified so he could leave school a year early to get to UNC. the fastball in the mid 90s reaching 100 wow
eek.r191677.gif
. about time the baseball team got some good luck with the high school pitchers. welcome young man

That's great and all. It's always great to have pitching. Does he have a friend that can hit though. Our pitching has been pretty good this year. We just can't hit the ball against good pitchers.

Originally posted by Hollywood76:
i'll believe it after August has come and gone.....
If he is getting out of HS a year early, he really should not go to the minors. It means that in terms of age, 3 years in college would have him starting in the minors as if he had spent just 2 years in college.

And major college baseball does at least as good a job producing pitchers as the minor league system, going to UNC is his best choice.

His agent is a close friend of Scott Forbes, who might leave. And Bukausus has put it out there for the right money, he would, like the other top 6 signees, he would do.

5 commits in the first 74 picks plus J B!! Would be a heck of a recruiting coup if they all come to the Hill!!!

Originally posted by ohio tarheels:

5 commits in the first 74 picks plus J B!! Would be a heck of a recruiting coup if they all come to the Hill!!!
doesn't look good for next year with the possibility of this many recruits not making to school

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT