ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina at Pittsburgh game thread on: Tuesday 2 January 2024

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
I do not know what Jackass (Must have been a ABCer (Anybody but Carolina) person who set up three straight road games for UNC to open up the new year but after the gauntlet games the team opened up with this schedule just does not seem fair or realistic…

To me the two games lost to Pittsburgh last season by a total of three points was probably the reason the NCAA committee decided Carolina was not worthy of being in March Madness.

The Panthers are very physical and their guards last season had no problems beating up and scoring against the Tar Heels smaller guards. Carolina again will start two small guards in the backcourt so the hope is that Bacot, Ingram and Withers can bully the Panthers up front. If Pittsburgh continues to use their bigger guards against Davis and Cadeau I would hope Ryan would play a part defensively and stop all of that nonsense.

With the calendar year changing over it is time for Bacot to play like an All American and take no prisoners both offensively and defensively. Armando needs to demand the ball in the paint because only getting a single digit number of shots for the minutes he plays is ridiculous.

Washington and Trimble and Withers need to continue their scoring off the bench and help to make life difficult for their opponents. This on paper looks like a perfect game for Withers to use his frame and score in close…

I would like the team to play with a chip on their shoulder and to remember the two narrow losses to the Panthers last year and win this battle in memory of Eric Montross…

Reactions: Heels5150
4-0 at the first tv timeout as the Panthers have blocked three Carolina shots so far. Neither Bacot or Davis have attempted a shot…

this half court ugly ball is not UNC best approach. Playing Pitt ball early

This might be a game to give Okonkwo a look. He gives more physicality than Washington, and more effort than Withers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT