ADVERTISEMENT

Jeremiah Francis

imajericho

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Pittsburgh
Idk if anyone remembers him. Was supposed to be a good PG but had knee injuries that he just never recovered from. After 2 years at New Mexico, Jeremiah transferred to Emmanuel College. He seems to not be doing well even at the division 2 level. It's a shame because he looked so good in his HS highlights prior to his injury. The most noticeable thing about Francis is that he just seemed to forget how to shoot the ball.

His averages are close to 30% from the field and 20% from 3. A shame. Sucks how injuries can derail people before they even get started.

Just noticed it and figured I would give an update on our former heel.

The progression of a athlete from 18-22 is so instrumental.

Francis sat, while others developed, and that goes for all levels.

Reactions: OldSchoo01
Idk if anyone remembers him. Was supposed to be a good PG but had knee injuries that he just never recovered from. After 2 years at New Mexico, Jeremiah transferred to Emmanuel College. He seems to not be doing well even at the division 2 level. It's a shame because he looked so good in his HS highlights prior to his injury. The most noticeable thing about Francis is that he just seemed to forget how to shoot the ball.

His averages are close to 30% from the field and 20% from 3. A shame. Sucks how injuries can derail people before they even get started.

Just noticed it and figured I would give an update on our former heel.
Thanks for this update on Jerimiah. I remember how excited he was to get an offer from Coach Williams and how thrilled and overjoyed his parents were as well. There have been more than a few over the years that have suffered the same fate and it's unpleasant to see promising athletes have their careers either interrupted or ruined due to debilitating injuries.

Sorry for him.

On a related note, where is Sterling Manley these days? If I recall correctly, he made a pro team somewhere in the world.

Sorry for him.

On a related note, where is Sterling Manley these days? If I recall correctly, he made a pro team somewhere in the world.
Sichuan Blue Whales. Looks like he is no longer with them now. Think he isn't signed anywhere atm.

Last edited:
The type of knee issues he had are career enders quite often. The micro surgery is a crap shoot at best. Ended Brandon Roy's in the midst os his very strong career along with others.

Reactions: gary-7
The progression of a athlete from 18-22 is so instrumental.

Francis sat, while others developed, and that goes for all levels.
Yes, and he also fought a weight problem that the injuries just exacerbated. A shame, as he had decent PG instincts.

Grew up in Albuquerque so a UNM fan. I really rooted for him when he transferred to UNM but watching him play was painful. The young man always had a limp and just never looked comfortable running up and down the court. His love of the game will probably cause him a LOT of pain down the road....he probably should have retired several years ago!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT