ADVERTISEMENT

Job openings

The risk is all Vanderbilt's.
Lea will walk away with millions whether he is successful or not. If he fails, everyone will just say that nobody can win at Vanderbilt without cheating, they won't blame Lea, and he will walk away with millions.
True. If Lea succeeds, then he is a hero to his school and can waltz into bigger jobs. If he fails, he can still waltz into major DC jobs and from there get another P5 HC job.

Terry Bowden to Louisiana-Monroe
Lou-Monroe is a total basket case. So Terry Bowden makes sense. You are risking nothing by hiring him, ad you get more publicity than you would by hiring the kind on no-name guy most of us expected.

Arizona hires Jedd Fisch
Most of Fisch's career has been in the NFL. So I guess Arizona decided that the Herm Edwards model works, but they want a younger guy.

This is not the kind of hire that will make people see Arizona as up and coming.

Most of Fisch's career has been in the NFL. So I guess Arizona decided that the Herm Edwards model works, but they want a younger guy.

This is not the kind of hire that will make people see Arizona as up and coming.

I think it will always be a mid-tier program. It's a basketball school (that may get hammered by the NCAA) and it's not in a prime location for in-state recruiting. I think the right coach can have success there, but then will likely move on for a better job elsewhere.

I'm a little surprised Fedora is gone after one season. Normally new assistants get a little more time. Was their offense bad? I didn't really watch a lot of Baylor games this year.

Feds offense is great if they can score or if they are good, but that tempo shit is for the birds when you are going 3 and out you defense is always tired and stays on the field all game long.

He is the worst coach ever, its one thing for a philosophy to not work because of talent, it another to not adjust when it don't!

I'm a little surprised Fedora is gone after one season. Normally new assistants get a little more time. Was their offense bad? I didn't really watch a lot of Baylor games this year.
Very bad. Fed was like a co-OC apparently, with the passing coordinator, and they were not on the same page at all.

There's a rumor that the Lions have made a significant (Gruden-level) offer to Jim Harbaugh. If true, who is the best option to replace him at Michigan?

Texas should look at hiring a guy who took a team from 2-9 to the Orange Bowl in two seasons (it’s nice that there’s no threat of this so jokes can be made)

They'll go after Urban and when he turns them down they'll end up hiring Sarkisian.

Texas getting roasted on the halftime report. 'Haven't gotten it done since they pushed Mack Brown out, who has been winning games at North Carolina...'

Apparently Steve Sarkisian is the next Texas HC.

Will somebody be able to lure Herman as OC to earn his next P5 HC job, ala Saban with Kiffin and Sarkisian?

Some stats on the last 2 Texas coaches.

Charlie Strong is the only coach in Texas history to have 3 consecutive losing seasons.

Herman inherited a program coming off 3 consecutive losing seasons, and he posted 4 consecutive winning seasons, including being the only coach in Texas history to start 4-0 in bowl games.

Reactions: MWHeels
I still don't understand the Sarkisian hire at Texas. It seems like a lateral change. Replacing one overhyped HC for another.

Reactions: gteeitup
matt campbell from iowa st is a better hire...this is just weird.

again, there must be something else going on...and sarkisian is a drunk, so good luck with that pr.

matt campbell from iowa st is a better hire...this is just weird.

again, there must be something else going on...and sarkisian is a drunk, so good luck with that pr.

He would also be good at Michigan if Harbaugh goes back to the NFL.

Harbaugh is close to signing a new deal at Michigan. If true, he needs major upgrades for the top coordinator positions.

Can the BOT at Texas be trusted? They had to have had contact with sark before they fired Herman since they already named him as the new coach per dspn.

I still don't understand the Sarkisian hire at Texas. It seems like a lateral change. Replacing one overhyped HC for another.
any coordinator who takes his offense to the national title game is going to be sought after as a head coach.

USC Offensive Coordinator Graham Harrell is one of the names being mentioned for the Boise State job.

Lil Carolina and lil Beamer already having trouble hiring/keeping assistant coaches. He thought he had his OC and oline coaches but both appear headed to auburn. Can’t blame them really.

Reactions: Archer2
Lil Carolina and lil Beamer already having trouble hiring/keeping assistant coaches. He thought he had his OC and oline coaches but both appear headed to auburn. Can’t blame them really.
Got to be a very difficult place in which to recruit well. Couldn’t stand the yardbirds when they were in the ACC, like them even less now. At least they have baseball, NVSU has zilch athletically.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT