ADVERTISEMENT

Just picked up an e-cig

TarHeelNation11

Hall of Famer
Mar 9, 2007
Lowell, NC
My thoughts: meh. I'll still take a Marlboro Red for the stress relief-smoke or the out-drinking-with-friends- smoke.

Anyone like these new fangled e-cigs or vape pens? Perhaps the flavor is what I don't like. Icy Blue

images

Wish they made E-dip

Reactions: gunslingerdick
I was a pretty serious smoker for a good while (like 20 years). One of my buddies had one a few weeks ago and I hit it out of curiosity.

I could see how it would appeal to a regular smoker who needs a nicotine fix or nervous habit. I couldn't see how a casual smoker would like one.

I imagine smoking an e-sig is about as satisfying as eating astronaut food.
I flunked out of astronaut school so I wouldn't know [insert joke about my UNC degree being worthless].

I mean, I'm still using the thing, but I derive minimal buzz out of it. When the liquid runs out, I'll put it in a drawer and probably never use it again.

Dip -- meh.

Camel Snus for the freaking win. Excellent for keeping awake on long drives or for when I had to keep awake reading passages in boring text books in college. Had to quit recently though because I have real week tooth enamel and it was giving me cavities which costs serious $$$ to fill. The struggle is real.

**** it, may go buy a thing of it today anyway.

Glad I quit smoking years ago. I dipped some as well. Glad they both are out of my.life. especially since you have to take a loan out to purchase tobacco products now. I think e cigs is another gimmick to get peoples money. I have seen people huffing them in church before. What are the side effects of prolonged use?

Glad I quit smoking years ago. I dipped some as well. Glad they both are out of my.life. especially since you have to take a loan out to purchase tobacco products now. I think e cigs is another gimmick to get peoples money. I have seen people huffing them in church before. What are the side effects of prolonged use?
I can remember paying $.39/can. Now it is $4-$5/can.

It is my brand and 36 years! You?

Started stealing cans of Skoal when I was 13 years old from the Revco that was near my house. Then I was a Kodiak man for the next 15 years of my dipping life but switched to Grizzly about 10 years ago because it's substantially cheaper. Kodiak is almost $5 per can around here. Grizzly is less than $3. I'm at almost a can per day. Maybe a can every 36 hours or so. I used to love it. Now I'm just a slave to it. I quit back in August. But started back in November. I'm great at quitting. I've done it so many times. :(

I used to smoke some too. And I'll still have a cig every now and then when I'm drinking heavily.

I smoked from age 18-25.

I liked the "Rock'n'Roll" association. Guitar players always had a cig somewhere. :

tumblr_nbcpxoq7RA1r8a0vto4_500.jpg

tumblr_mtpcwn165z1rdwhtho1_500.gif

eddie-vanhalen-frankenstein.gif

HBD_jimmy.gif

and the King of Defying Death Through Abuse (drum roll)-
tumblr_mi4jmizrlz1rpduwho1_500.gif

I quit less than a month after my Dad died of cancer (that was Halloween 1993). Never bought another pack. Every cigarette made me feel like I was inhaling Death... which, I was. He had Agent Orange exposure, but smoked all his life. That sh*t is filthy. A buddy of mine is making a killing off the vapes. He's opening his third store!

Let people do what they want...

Just a real nasty habit that you guys got going on. Absolutely disgusting . .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT