ADVERTISEMENT

K ridiculously defending Trip

dadika13

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 20, 2007
NYC
Anyone catch that interview on Watch ESPN at the half of our game just now?

K basically said that he wasn't worried about Allen tripping people, he said everyone made a big deal out of it because his program is under the spotlight. He completely swept aside any of Trip's wrongdoing last year.

Unreal. If anyone has the video please post, my words don't do his scumbagness justice.

Last edited:
I muted the segment, but it doesn't surprise me. Where do you think he got his dirty play from? It appears K has been coaching flopping, tripping, etc. for years. You can play as dirty as you want, as long as he gets a win.

My biggest complaint is with the TV broadcast. (FWIW, I'm watching ESP3.) Why would they think UNC & BC fans would want to watch a Duke segment at halftime? They're getting paid to assure a sizable portion of their viewers mute the halftime show. o_O It must be nice to be paid well to fail at your job.

It's not the first time they've played that interview during a UNC game.... it's cringe-worthy.

As I said in the Game Thread.... When you're watching DSPN the TV time outs give you a perfect 2min to empty your bladder.... There's also plenty you can get done at halftime.... wash the car, take out trash, give your good lady some attention.....

I muted the segment, but it doesn't surprise me. Where do you think he got his dirty play from? It appears K has been coaching flopping, tripping, etc. for years. You can play as dirty as you want, as long as he gets a win.

My biggest complaint is with the TV broadcast. (FWIW, I'm watching ESP3.) Why would they think UNC & BC fans would want to watch a Duke segment at halftime? They're getting paid to assure a sizable portion of their viewers mute the halftime show. o_O It must be nice to be paid well to fail at your job.

What are you watching the app on? I watch on my Xbox One and the feed is so terrible its frustrating. And I know it’s not the internet because my Fox Sports and NFL Sunday ticket work fine

With most coaches, that bush league tripping shit only happens once or you find yourself riding the pine. The LOM's actions, or lack thereof, are in effect condoning the Tripper's actions. It's as simple as that.

Even Bobby Knight, Knight Lite's mentor, would have absolutely shut that shit down immediately. As uncouth as Bobby was, that's speaks volumes about the LOM's values.

With most coaches, that bush league tripping shit only happens once or you find yourself riding the pine. The LOM's actions, or lack thereof, are in effect condoning the Tripper's actions. It's as simple as that.

Even Bobby Knight, Knight Lite's mentor, would have absolutely shut that shit down immediately. As uncouth as Bobby was, that's speaks volumes about the LOM's values.

Totally agree with everything you said. It was the same thing with Laettner and Redick, I would say that he influenced them to keep doing it trying to get the team to feed off of it, never believing that it just wasn’t the right thing to do, some brotherhood huh.
Dean and Roy would never allow a player to do that, and even more so would never preach any play of that style. For one, they both respect the game of basketball too much to ever allow someone to play it in that way and secondly, they have too strong of morals and have a sense of character that wouldn’t make them think of something so awful as that. We really are blessed to have these two because they do things the right way themselves and preach that model to their players causing them to act in the same way.
There's no better way than the Carolina Way!!

Last edited:
Dirty players is one thing...blatantly defending them is quite another.

I let out at least 3 audible "did he really just say that" to the TV and confusion of my wife and dog.

No surprise as this has gone on for SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long. This fraud TEACHES his players these tactics and when they are caught he slaps em on the wrist and gets a PASS from his ass kissing lackeys in the media.

Laettner, dirty Dahntay, hendothug ..winslow Punkson...it never ends and all the while he is praised as some sort of virtuous leader.... What a crock of manure this guy is

i watched it by accident...i could maybe understand him saying he was an emotional player, he’s made more than two mistakes, it was a great learning experience for him to mature, but he didn’t.

for him to not even acknowledge it, to say the media overhyped it, it was a complete sham...and if another personality was interviewing him, even another espn guy, i would’ve expected them to zero in on k’s response and nail him...what a disgusting representation of leadership and mentoring to college athletes.

i watched it by accident...i could maybe understand him saying he was an emotional player, he’s made more than two mistakes, it was a great learning experience for him to mature, but he didn’t.

for him to not even acknowledge it, to say the media overhyped it, it was a complete sham...and if another personality was interviewing him, even another espn guy, i would’ve expected them to zero in on k’s response and nail him...what a disgusting representation of leadership and mentoring to college athletes.

The interviewer is the same ESPN shill that is currently in Lithuania covering the Ball fiasco...

Reactions: Sk1310
Dirty players is one thing...blatantly defending them is quite another.

I let out at least 3 audible "did he really just say that" to the TV and confusion of my wife and dog.
...and that's K showing his true colors. Oh he'll make a show by trying act like he has class, but when push comes to shove (literally and figuratively) the stuff Tripper does fits right into their poison culture. In dook's practices he literally encourages his guys he calls "my assholes", i.e., guys who can get away with the most without getting caught.

I say this is all seriousness, in K's eyes the only thing Tripper did wrong was not get away with it.

Reactions: Go Heels #1
The interviewer is the same ESPN shill that is currently in Lithuania covering the Ball fiasco...

even kornheiser and wilbon came down hard on allen and k...bilas was harsh, and iirc, so were jay and seth.

Last edited:
It's not the first time they've played that interview during a UNC game.... it's cringe-worthy.

As I said in the Game Thread.... When you're watching DSPN the TV time outs give you a perfect 2min to empty your bladder.... There's also plenty you can get done at halftime.... wash the car, take out trash, give your good lady some attention.....
I like your way of thinking, but I normally record the games & start them a little late to be able to fast forward through commercials & half time nonsense. Unfortunately, that was impossible for this game. That doesn't excuse the network having a half time interview that the fans for both teams playing have no interest in seeing.

I remember fearing playing against dook when they had guys like Gminski, Banks, Spanarkle, Dennard, Bender ... but I didn't hate them. Since the arrival of K and watching them throughout K's career there, I actually HATE them as a team. He has brought dirty play and cheating tactics to a level that makes me despise them. From constant berating of the refs to ridiculously slimy stuff like clock malfunctions that benefit them when playing in HIS. I am so used to the flopping and head whips that I expect that on every shot/drive. I absolutely hate them ... not because they are dook, but because they are coached by K. It's hard for me to imagine that the dook fans love their team ... but they do. They must be brainwashed ... there is no other explanation.

I remember fearing playing against dook when they had guys like Gminski, Banks, Spanarkle, Dennard, Bender ... but I didn't hate them. Since the arrival of K and watching them throughout K's career there, I actually HATE them as a team. He has brought dirty play and cheating tactics to a level that makes me despise them. From constant berating of the refs to ridiculously slimy stuff like clock malfunctions that benefit them when playing in HIS. I am so used to the flopping and head whips that I expect that on every shot/drive. I absolutely hate them ... not because they are dook, but because they are coached by K. It's hard for me to imagine that the dook fans love their team ... but they do. They must be brainwashed ... there is no other explanation.
Exactly. That last pre-k team had some good players that you could respect; and would've loved to see some of those guys in the correct shade of blue. You wanted to beat them, of course, but they didn't inspire me to HATE them like I do today.

Reactions: nctransplant
Exactly. That last pre-k team had some good players that you could respect; and would've loved to see some of those guys in the correct shade of blue. You wanted to beat them, of course, but they didn't inspire me to HATE them like I do today.

Adding to my irrational hatred is the way the media tries to make K look like he's the best thing to happen to college basketball...ever. I feel like everyone (including some dook fans) can see the crap that K pulls/says, but noone calls him out for it. He may be a really awesome person away from the court ... but in between the lines he is the biggest POS I've ever seen.

Adding to my irrational hatred is the way the media tries to make K look like he's the best thing to happen to college basketball...ever. I feel like everyone (including some dook fans) can see the crap that K pulls/says, but noone calls him out for it. He may be a really awesome person away from the court ... but in between the lines he is the biggest POS I've ever seen.
Agreed. For me, it's gotten to the point where I refuse to watch any dook games other than when they play the Heels. I just can't take that BS anymore. It's healthier for me to avoid looking at it.

Reactions: mikeirbyusa
I watch them but only if they begin losing. If they start winning I change channels.
I used to do that too but just got more pissed if they came back and won a game that I thought was a loss.

If it's in NCAA tourney and it's beyond any doubt that dook will lose, I will enjoy every second of watching them cry as they leave the court. Always a priceless scene...

"Gerald is a victim here, too..."

All you need to know about that POS. This ain't nothing new and it will continue as long as his sorry arse is coaching and he has players doing his bidding on the court.

Looks like you live right in the hell-mouth, Dr, which I'm sure makes it even more unbearable.:eek:

I agree, as a kid I didn't hate them (unless we were playing them) and would pull for them out of conference as I do with most all ACC teams. I actually respected guys like Spanarkel. K changed all that, and as you said, their fans drank his evil Kool-aid and became unbearable as well.

The first thing was K bad-mouthing Dean Smith, and then his grabbing/holding/cheating defense... and claiming "double standards" and dog-cussing any ref who dared call the fouls.... and then the culture of douche-baggery he created, with the floor-slapping and flopping and players acting like they'd cured cancer every time they made a shot.

The way their fans acted in 91 when we were both in the Final Four sealed it for me once and for all. I will hate them no matter who coaches them. I hope they lose every game they ever play.

Well stated. Being from a house divided, I rooted for both schools. That all changed when the LOM arrived, I disliked him immediately, before he had any success at all. My dislike of him has only grown as I’ve watched him employ one bush league tactic after another over the last 45 years, and with complete impunity from the press and the refs. He disgusts me.

To all my fellow dook haters, I say...

200.gif

dog-cussing any ref who dared call the fouls

Out of all of K's douchebaggery - this is the one that is the most disgusting to me. It's like clockwork at this point, anytime dook goes down in a game, at the next timeout you always see K slither his way up to a ref, and berate him with his scrunched up rat face turning a previously undiscovered shade of red. I get "working the officials" but he does it every single time his team trails. I wish just once one of them would have the stones to tell him to shove it up his ass and have some class.

Out of all of K's douchebaggery - this is the one that is the most disgusting to me. It's like clockwork at this point, anytime dook goes down in a game, at the next timeout you always see K slither his way up to a ref, and berate him with his scrunched up rat face turning a previously undiscovered shade of red. I get "working the officials" but he does it every single time his team trails. I wish just once one of them would have the stones to tell him to shove it up his ass and have some class.

He used to criticize Dean for the same thing. Pot meet kettle.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT