ADVERTISEMENT

Kensucky will go back to being irrelevant in college basketball

Is it the school or the couch doing this or is both?
It's the Couch of course... :eek:

1a54b5e5b55a3464207ec1fd16d6193b.jpg

Ima park this from the comments section (not the article) right here......

"Funny how the same people say in one instance between 2005-2009, Roy is not a great coach just a good recruiter. Then now he has lost his recruiting touch and continues to win and make final fours, but some how still not a good coach.

You can never please 100% of the people 100% of the time.

And You can never please any of the Idiots anytime.

Just disregard the Idiots Roy.

Roy is one of the Best Coaches Ever Period. And how he has handled the recruiting impacts on his program because of the Academic Scandal I could even argue that he has proven to be a better Coach than Dean during that stretch."

Loved this part when I read it too! But let's stop the better than DES right now!

Roy and I both don't want to hear that!

Reactions: FlaTarHeel
Those hasbeens sold there sole to hire the biggest cheater in college basketball. They where irrelevant when they hired Calishady and still can't beat us now. He will have them back on probation when he leaves. Something they know all about.
Did they sell the heel also?

That's why I posted it. Even among UNC fans, he is taken for granted. Only after he is gone will he truly be appreciated. We have become inured to sustained greatness and simply expect it as the norm. Our younger fans are especially guilty of this. They will learn when Roy retires.

Oh boy will they learn

Reactions: dgheel57
UCLA has been largely irrelevant since Wooden left. Indiana has been largely irrelevant since Knight left. Dook was fortunate to have the LOM step in after Foster. We were fortunate to have a short transition from Dean to Roy.

Since the '57 championship, we've had 60 years of sustained excellence with a very few bumps in the road. How many schools can say that? Can any other team say that, other than possibly dook?

That's a lot of good fortune and I truly appreciate it. I certainly don't take it for granted.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT