ADVERTISEMENT

LOL @ State

imo the two most important games on our schedule this year were dook and state. step one: dominate the triangle; step two: dominate the state; step three: dominate the coastal.

Reactions: MWHeels
Overall, he's had them at a decent level until this year. I've never been a fan of dumping a coach after one bad year. But who knows with those dipshits? Doreen should've gone to Tennessee when he had the chance a few years ago; nobody will be interested in him now.
He's actually been pretty shitty the whole time if you dig deeper. His acc record, away record and record against top 25 teams are horrible. The vast majority of his wins are against cupcakes and bad P5 teams at home.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
He's actually been pretty shitty the whole time if you dig deeper. His acc record, away record and record against top 25 teams are horrible. The vast majority of his wins are against cupcakes and bad P5 teams at home.
Ya know, he is pretty bad upon further review: in 7 years, only 2 seasons above .500 in conference games; totals are 21-35 in conference, 47-42 overall.

Reactions: Archer2
Ya know, he is pretty bad upon further review: in 7 years, only 2 seasons above .500 in conference games; totals are 21-35 in conference, 47-42 overall.
OK, digging a little deeper - dull dave is 26-7 in OOC games, which sounds really good, until you know the following: 24 of the 28 regular season out of conference games were against non-P5 teams (with quite a few FCS teams in that number as well). The fack is 21-3 in those games. For the other 4 games that were P5 teams, two of them were Notre Dame, so they had no choice in scheduling. Which means in 7 years, they have only scheduled two P5 teams OOC (a loss to SCar in 2016, and a loss to WVU this year).

Dude has been feasting on that weak-ass schedule to get 3 or 4 wins every year, then averages going 3-5 in conference. It sure sounds good when the announcers mention that moo went to five straight bowls, but it looks pretty crappy when you see how they did it. Man, they really do suck.

As usual, it’s all somebody else’s fault. LOL @ State:

How many schools on that list are governed by a body that is stocked full of their rival school's graduates that has a vested interest in their failure and have a fanboy commissioner of the same school as the head of their conference? I put everything since around 2000-ish squarely on NC State futility but we had a decade + of suck dictated to us from our friends at the UNC BOG, and the recovery has been ridiculously long. If we played in the Big East like some of these schools you're referencing we would have easily won baseball, basketball and football titles.

Reactions: tarheel0910
As usual, it’s all somebody else’s fault. LOL @ State:

How many schools on that list are governed by a body that is stocked full of their rival school's graduates that has a vested interest in their failure and have a fanboy commissioner of the same school as the head of their conference? I put everything since around 2000-ish squarely on NC State futility but we had a decade + of suck dictated to us from our friends at the UNC BOG, and the recovery has been ridiculously long. If we played in the Big East like some of these schools you're referencing we would have easily won baseball, basketball and football titles.
I did enjoy the guy who responded Auburn. They've had plenty of success. Guess the UNC Illuminati is better than the Alabama Illuminati.

To be a moo fan is to be the epitome of failure. Imagine the suck that you’d have to endure, from football to basketball to, well, every sport there is in college athletics. It would almost make you feel bad for them we’re it not for the fact they dreamed, no, BEGGED for us to get the death penalty for anything they could dream up over the last 7-8 years. Didn’t matter what the facts were or what evidence there was, just the fact we succeeded where they failed was evidence enough we “cheated” or used some advantage to get ahead of them. No loss is EVER their fault, no lack of effort was on them, and no failure was the because of anything they did, but was the result of some grand conspiracy they dreamed up in their feeble minds.

Well, screw them. I hope this suck lasts for as long as this Satan’s ass-crack of a university is in existence. If they never win another game in any sport they participate in, it would not make me shed a single tear for them. I have no deeper disdain for any other university in the country than I do for this one. They are lower than any imaginable piece of human debris I could think of and deserve every ounce of misery they get heaped upon them.

To be a moo fan is to be the epitome of failure. Imagine the suck that you’d have to endure, from football to basketball to, well, every sport there is in college athletics. It would almost make you feel bad for them we’re it not for the fact they dreamed, no, BEGGED for us to get the death penalty for anything they could dream up over the last 7-8 years. Didn’t matter what the facts were or what evidence there was, just the fact we succeeded where they failed was evidence enough we “cheated” or used some advantage to get ahead of them. No loss is EVER their fault, no lack of effort was on them, and no failure was the because of anything they did, but was the result of some grand conspiracy they dreamed up in their feeble minds.

Well, screw them. I hope this suck lasts for as long as this Satan’s ass-crack of a university is in existence. If they never win another game in any sport they participate in, it would not make me shed a single tear for them. I have no deeper disdain for any other university in the country than I do for this one. They are lower than any imaginable piece of human debris I could think of and deserve every ounce of misery they get heaped upon them.
Don’t sugarcoat it, tell us how you really feel about them.

man i am still laughing...

Somewhere it was mentioned that Doeren and co have some pretty sweet fiscal bonus if they reach ten wins. Still say F 'em

OK, digging a little deeper - dull dave is 26-7 in OOC games, which sounds really good, until you know the following: 24 of the 28 regular season out of conference games were against non-P5 teams (with quite a few FCS teams in that number as well). The fack is 21-3 in those games. For the other 4 games that were P5 teams, two of them were Notre Dame, so they had no choice in scheduling. Which means in 7 years, they have only scheduled two P5 teams OOC (a loss to SCar in 2016, and a loss to WVU this year).

Dude has been feasting on that weak-ass schedule to get 3 or 4 wins every year, then averages going 3-5 in conference. It sure sounds good when the announcers mention that moo went to five straight bowls, but it looks pretty crappy when you see how they did it. Man, they really do suck.
Yes but he has a winning record against UNC.. maybe if he played in your division he would have a better ACC record. Just saying

Yes but he has a winning record against UNC.. maybe if he played in your division he would have a better ACC record. Just saying
Is that your measure of how good a coach is? Are you one of those fans who would rather be 1-11 with a UNC win, instead of 11-1 with a UNC loss?

Reactions: TarHeelMark
Is that your measure of how good a coach is? Are you one of those fans who would rather be 1-11 with a UNC win, instead of 11-1 with a UNC loss?
NO that is nonsense. The statement was a rebuttal to having a losing record in the ACC which is true DD has only won 46% of his conference games.. But here is the comparison with UNC put into proper context... State plays two teams every year that were the biggest powerhouses in the ACC Clemson and FSU from 2013-2016. That is a big 1-11 that UNC has not had to contend with them. UNC has never beaten Clemson or FSU during this period but they have hardly played them. Our total record against them is 5-16. Your 0-5. I think you have a 40% record for wins against the Atlantic. DD is 50% against your division. If we swapped divisions DD would have a winning record and you would would be less than DD record of 46%. It would be about 10% better which is about what our record is against you. So as mediocre as DD has been, UNC is worse. So while I like beating our rival it is not a good benchmark to beat a program like UNC.

Ol Dave taking care of himself with the bonus for ten wins. That’s all he’s concerned with. Just schedule another cupcake

NO that is nonsense. The statement was a rebuttal to having a losing record in the ACC which is true DD has only won 46% of his conference games.. But here is the comparison with UNC put into proper context... State plays two teams every year that were the biggest powerhouses in the ACC Clemson and FSU from 2013-2016. That is a big 1-11 that UNC has not had to contend with them. UNC has never beaten Clemson or FSU during this period but they have hardly played them. Our total record against them is 5-16. Your 0-5. I think you have a 40% record for wins against the Atlantic. DD is 50% against your division. If we swapped divisions DD would have a winning record and you would would be less than DD record of 46%. It would be about 10% better which is about what our record is against you. So as mediocre as DD has been, UNC is worse. So while I like beating our rival it is not a good benchmark to beat a program like UNC.
A lot of assumptions about what his performance would be. @TarHeelMark gave a bunch of factual numbers. I'll go with facts instead of assumptions.

A lot of assumptions about what his performance would be. @TarHeelMark gave a bunch of factual numbers. I'll go with facts instead of assumptions.
I presented the actual recorded statistics facts which is what tar heel mark used.. To be clear I included the actual stats for their records against the other part of the conference. I think you referred to these as facts. Based on the facts to suggest the two sets of schedule are equal within the conference is intellectually lazy. That is of course your choice to be. I mean MACK could not beat FSU when they are down much. less than in the glory years. Again a fact. I am not claiming DD is setting the world on fire, just stating that Mack is burning a little dimmer. it will be a few weeks before the impact of the portal is realized, but right now it only seems like on e program is going in a positive direction with their product on the field and other is searching for answers. Great thing about college football is each years is new year and a chance to be reborn. That is what makes it great and of course fans make it great as well.

I presented the actual recorded statistics facts which is what tar heel mark used.. To be clear I included the actual stats for their records against the other part of the conference. I think you referred to these as facts. Based on the facts to suggest the two sets of schedule are equal within the conference is intellectually lazy. That is of course your choice to be. I mean MACK could not beat FSU when they are down much. less than in the glory years. Again a fact. I am not claiming DD is setting the world on fire, just stating that Mack is burning a little dimmer. it will be a few weeks before the impact of the portal is realized, but right now it only seems like on e program is going in a positive direction with their product on the field and other is searching for answers. Great thing about college football is each years is new year and a chance to be reborn. That is what makes it great and of course fans make it great as well.
You made the assumption that if the teams were reversed, then Doren and Mack would perform the exact same way. That may be a good assumption to make, but it's still an assumption.

Reactions: heelfan1961
You made the assumption that if the teams were reversed, then Doren and Mack would perform the exact same way. That may be a good assumption to make, but it's still an assumption.

Agree but what you are calling an assumption it is based on the statistical analysis of their actual records. DD record contains 12 more games against teams UNC has not beaten. They're actual records against the other conference is also a statical fact. Therefore the accuracy of what you call a mere assumption should actually be given a High probability. To suggest otherwise is why I used the term intellectually lazy. For sure you should not be computing any odds in Vegas.

Agree but what you are calling an assumption it is based on the statistical analysis of their actual records. DD record contains 12 more games against teams UNC has not beaten. They're actual records against the other conference is also a statical fact. Therefore the accuracy of what you call a mere assumption should actually be given a High probability. To suggest otherwise is why I used the term intellectually lazy. For sure you should not be computing any odds in Vegas.
We're fully aware that our team sucks. I still wouldn't want Dave Doeren as our coach!

Again, it's not a bad assumption, but you are assuming everything is static. You assume rosters would be exactly the same every time there was a matchup. Plays would be called the exact same way. No change in weather, etc. All of these can have an impact on the game. To not take that into account would be lazy. Both programs have issues right now. We're arguing who the biggest midget is at this point. WF might be the best program in NC right now.

Again, it's not a bad assumption, but you are assuming everything is static. You assume rosters would be exactly the same every time there was a matchup. Plays would be called the exact same way. No change in weather, etc. All of these can have an impact on the game. To not take that into account would be lazy. Both programs have issues right now. We're arguing who the biggest midget is at this point. WF might be the best program in NC right now.
No I am not assuming any of those things, Just the factual things...and to add those other things as you suggests is pure silliness and not anything that I suggested . For example the fact you have always lost to FSU and Clemson is not static and the rosters changed for each of this losses, and plays were called different each year. You may be right about the biggest midget but your other thought process are really off.

could you imagine what Doeren could do with your recruits..

Toby_Complained_About_Jim1.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT