ADVERTISEMENT

McDonalds Cheesy Bacon Fries...coming in 2019

heelbent

Who?
Mar 12, 2003
McDonald's is rolling out cheesy bacon fries in 2019.

The fast-food chain is taking the bacon-topped dish national early next year, a McDonald's employee with knowledge of the situation told Business Insider. According to photos viewed by Business Insider, at least some stores have started adding the "loaded bacon fry station" to their point-of-sale systems.

8877017.jpg

McDonald's is rolling out cheesy bacon fries in 2019.

The fast-food chain is taking the bacon-topped dish national early next year, a McDonald's employee with knowledge of the situation told Business Insider. According to photos viewed by Business Insider, at least some stores have started adding the "loaded bacon fry station" to their point-of-sale systems.

8877017.jpg
Fast food is a Bain on this society.

I worked all last winter on a project in Michigan and ended up eating a lot of fast food because it was cold and I was tired. Raised my cholesterol nearly 100 points

Reactions: uncboy10
I can't eat them but my wife loves those things. She makes chili-cheese fries at home and they slop them up.

I haven't eaten fast food in like 10 years and this is one of the reasons.

I haven't eaten fast food in like 10 years and this is one of the reasons.

I'm anti fast food too. But it depends on how you define "fast food". We've had those arguments here before and I'm not really interested in getting that going again but my point is that you probably have eaten fast food and you just don't see it that way.

Reactions: Raising Heel
I'm anti fast food too. But it depends on how you define "fast food". We've had those arguments here before and I'm not really interested in getting that going again but my point is that you probably have eaten fast food and you just don't see it that way.

Yeah I actually thought about it while I was typing that.

Listen, I've had quick pizza, shake shack, etc. which some will consider fast food.

In my eyes fast food is McD's, BK, Wendy's, Taco Bell, White Castle, Sonic, KFC, etc.

I think that debate would be interesting. It was like when @TarHeelNation11 included places like Wendy's in the Restaurant Tournament. Hell, the winner of that tournament was a fast food spot - Chick-Fil-A.

I'd be curious where people draw the line. Obviously McD's/Wendy's/CFA etc are fast food. 5 guys, Chipotle, Qdoba, Bojangles obviously. I'm guessing where we'd see some differing opinions would be on the places like Applebee's, Chili's, etc. where I could hear arguments for both sides.

I hate to break it to people, but eating out is generally bad for you...period. Everything is loaded down with butter, sugar, and salt. That's what makes everything taste good. You can mitigate this to some extent, but most of it is still really bad for you.

I think that debate would be interesting. It was like when @TarHeelNation11 included places like Wendy's in the Restaurant Tournament. Hell, the winner of that tournament was a fast food spot - Chick-Fil-A.

I'd be curious where people draw the line. Obviously McD's/Wendy's/CFA etc are fast food. 5 guys, Chipotle, Qdoba, Bojangles obviously. I'm guessing where we'd see some differing opinions would be on the places like Applebee's, Chili's, etc. where I could hear arguments for both sides.

Applebee’s Chili’s and the like are definitely not fast food. The ones on the cut line for me are Jersey Mikes and other sandwich shops and any chain pizza joint. Panera too.

Hi, tooph. Welcome to this invigorating discussion.
So some Subways have a drive thru ..so is that fast food?
Only the ones with a drive-thru, although I'm still trying to figure out how the hell you eat a sub while driving.

If so does that mean every other sub place is face food as well by default?
Only if they have a drive-thru display with a menu. That's the rule.

Hi, tooph. Welcome to this invigorating discussion.
Only the ones with a drive-thru, although I'm still trying to figure out how the hell you eat a sub while driving.

Only if they have a drive-thru display with a menu. That's the rule.
That's not a hard and fast rule though right? Andy's has a drive through, but I wouldn't call them fast food. I usually go by the waiter rule. If you have a waiter, then it's not fast food. Of course there are exceptions to that. Steak and shake would be one.

That's not a hard and fast rule though right? Andy's has a drive through, but I wouldn't call them fast food. I usually go by the waiter rule. If you have a waiter, then it's not fast food. Of course there are exceptions to that. Steak and shake would be one.
Andy’s from Eastern, NC?

I don't expect their meat is very fresh but they have to be better than McDonald's, Arby's, etc.

That’s a low bar to set lol

Their meat is full of preservatives. Lots of nitrites and nitrates that are believed to cause cancer.

What is an Andy's?

The waiter requirement is questionable. Does that count places that bring the food to your table?

What is an Andy's?
It's a restaurant that's mostly based in eastern, NC. It changed its name to Hwy 55 to expand outside of NC. It was in the restaurant tournament.

The waiter requirement is questionable. Does that count places that bring the food to your table?
I would say general rule of thumb would be no. When I think of a waiter, I think of someone who checks on you while you're eating.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT