ADVERTISEMENT

Mo Bamba's (Alleged) Brother (Allegedly) Tells All - LANGUAGE WARNING!!

soap - new and improved

Hall of Famer
Feb 16, 2006
LANGUAGE WARNING!!!!!

“Long story short, on the outside it looks real good. On the inside, it’s real nasty.”

LANGUAGE WARNING

Last edited:
Ahh, so big bro's dishin' on Greer Love, huh?
Too many guys with agendas in the same camp = trouble brewing.
This could get ugly... and interesting.
giphy.gif

So - Has Mo Bamba got his own personal Rashad McCants, or is there any truth in this stuff?

If Greer's from Michigan why is Bamba signed with Texas. Is Greer a wannabe WWW?

If any of this is true, this will get bad very fast! I really don't like family turning on each other! Family should mean something and should be able to work out their differences face to face without stabbing each other in the back like this!

I'm sad for their mother!

It's not UNC so the NCAA will have the case investigated and hand down their findings by August! I repeat, this disgusts me on so many levels, but the worst part of this is the betrayal of family Mo supposedly did and the older brother actually did!

AND once again Roy's decisions prove to be far superior to ours!

And to nobody's surprise, UK was in the final 2 for this kid.

Anyway, the guy is detailed enough that he couldn't possibly have made all that up IMO. There almost has to be a lot of truth to this.

http://www.huroncapital.com/team/huron-management/deal-execution/g-greer-love-vice-president

Greer Love.

Anyway...this happens all the time. Not sure what Texas had to do with any of this, feel bad if they didn't know and got damaged goods. Wasted a ton of time on that recruitment.

Seems like Greer is a Michigan crony and who knows if Michigan even knows who this clown is.

Good luck to his brother trying to get a job anywhere respectable after that rant...

http://www.huroncapital.com/team/huron-management/deal-execution/g-greer-love-vice-president

Greer Love.

Anyway...this happens all the time. Not sure what Texas had to do with any of this, feel bad if they didn't know and got damaged goods. Wasted a ton of time on that recruitment.

Seems like Greer is a Michigan crony and who knows if Michigan even knows who this clown is.

Good luck to his brother trying to get a job anywhere respectable after that rant...
Was about to ask you if Love was involved in what you heard up there (back when you mentioned uk thought they had Mo). I've heard of this clown, but only peripherally in that word got around that Mo had a shady handler.

Was about to ask you if Love was involved in what you heard up there (back when you mentioned uk thought they had Mo). I've heard of this clown, but only peripherally in that word got around that Mo had a shady handler.

All I heard back then was that he had a new person handling his recruitment, which basically meant his brother was no longer involved. I guess the new person was Greer.

Everyone up here knows his brother (he's notorious from SCREAMING at refs during games and being just shady in general) but we had never heard nor seen Greer.

The brother mentioned something about "me running someone off" and saying they could never come back. Didn't get all of it. Then he says "That was all a setup, like a joke". I guess if he gets a bag full of money he will say the same thing about his accusations against Mo and Greer?

Is Greer a Michigan booster? Does anyone know his College team of choice? I am just wondering why Bamba wound up at Texas. To be clear I am not accusing Smart/Texas of any wrong-doing here.

Unless more info comes out, this doesn't feel like any school had anything to do with this.

It just seems that Greer was paying and advising Bamba and the brother was mad when Greer told Mo to cut him off.

All I heard back then was that he had a new person handling his recruitment, which basically meant his brother was no longer involved. I guess the new person was Greer.

Everyone up here knows his brother (he's notorious from SCREAMING at refs during games and being just shady in general) but we had never heard nor seen Greer.
Guess the wildcard now is what Texas knew and when did they know it. It is indeed interesting that Michigan got involved late, and of course there was always uk lurking...

Guess the wildcard now is what Texas knew and when did they know it. It is indeed interesting that Michigan got involved late, and of course there was always uk lurking...
I'm not smart enough to link the story, but according to CBS Sports, The NCAA already knows about the handler and has all but clear him because he developed a relationship with Bamba before he was a star athlete. They knew each other back when Bamba was in elementary school.

Yeah, Bamba was all UK's until the brother was no longer involved. We can both put 2+2 together to know they were obviously offering his brother something.

I'm not smart enough to link the story, but according to CBS Sports, The NCAA already knows about the handler and has all but clear him because he developed a relationship with Bamba before he was a star athlete. They knew each other back when Bamba was in elementary school.

Fab 5 got nailed for the same thing though. Jalen knew that guy who gave them stuff for years and years.

I think the Brother tried to tell us that the handler tried to become part of the family, this jibes with developing the relationship while he was younger. (much of his diatribe was almost incomprehensible though) I bet it was a little later than elementary school, but since he was approaching 6' at that time maybe not.

I hate when people do things like this. Now you want to spill the "dirt" when things don't go your way. That's if he's telling the truth at all.
it is all too common among elite hoops prospects. Ironically it's worse than football these days (despite there being so many more football prospects) largely because of the quicker payoff. #OAD

I sat and listened to that whole rant and from it I can almost guarantee you two things:
1. Bro is shady in his own right, but...
2. There are at least several snippets of truth in his statement

A few of us here will reference dirty dealings in basketball 'cruitin' from time to time --- and of course inevitably s few folks will knee-jerk scoff --- but the sad fact is it is so prevelant it has become the rule more than the exception among elite recruits. The stuff he said about shady characters wantng to hand him money to get a piece happens. PLUS it happens after they get in college, if the OAD spectre happens to come up...

Last edited:
I saw recentently that William Wesley was at a Nike camp (i think Nike camp). He was chatting up Jay Z in the stands, while Jay Z was watching his nephew play. Thats how good he is at covering up his tracks, he even attends High School camps.

I googled it and had no luck - will someone please tell me what a "hollow n***a" or "holla n***a" is? The brother said that or something similar several times. I took it as being meant in a negative context but never heard that term before.

I saw recentently that William Wesley was at a Nike camp (i think Nike camp). He was chatting up Jay Z in the stands, while Jay Z was watching his nephew play. Thats how good he is at covering up his tracks, he even attends High School camps.
He can hide in plain sight, having worked for (or whatever the hell his role is) a major talent agency... but his deliveries are more, um, under the table.

I googled it and had no luck - will someone please tell me what a "hollow n***a" or "holla n***a" is? The brother said that or something similar several times. I took it as being meant in a negative context but never heard that term before.

I'm 41, but I think he is saying slick type of person. Think the phrase is "holla". We all know someone that always wants to holla at you about something.

Most of what youngsters say these days misses me completely. I had to rewind and translate his video like it was a foreign language and I am a "real N (can't do it).. African American!

I just hope Shaka and Texas are not involved in the shady stuff!

Hope this puts an end to the Shaka love on this board to replace Roy when he retires. Hubert is getting groomed to take Roy's place.....integrity+++++

Hope this puts an end to the Shaka love on this board to replace Roy when he retires. Hubert is getting groomed to take Roy's place.....integrity+++++

I like Shaka and Hubert both just fine. I would hope to see either of them prove themselves at a high level before becoming HC at UNC.

Let me know the next time he starts offering up shoe deals at one of those HS camps. Are you that dense?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT