ADVERTISEMENT

Mo Bamba's (Alleged) Brother (Allegedly) Tells All - LANGUAGE WARNING!!

Glad we didn't get involved with this kid.

Assuming the NCAA makes their ruling on whether or not he's eligible by the start of the season, I'd love to have him committed to Carolina right now. Either he's ruled eligible and would instantly be our best front court player and really bolster the depth there, or he's ruled ineligible and we're back to where we are now. Seems like a no loss situation.

However if the NCAA drags its feet on this, and his eligibility is still up in the air by the start of the season, I agree that it'd be better to not be involved as we'd be running the risk of getting the retroactive punishment and vacating of wins that the NCAA loves so much.

Hope this puts an end to the Shaka love on this board to replace Roy when he retires. Hubert is getting groomed to take Roy's place.....integrity+++++
Whether or not Shaka is tainted by this --- and he well may not be --- he doesn't belong in any UNC coaching discussions anyway, nor does anyone who doesn't coach the Carolina system.

I still love the way his teams play in your face D and play so hard for him. If he is dirty, I will lose respect for him though. I would rather have Hubs as coach IF he gets a chance soon to start getting Head Coach experience, but I am willing to look outside the Family as long as the coach does things the right way!

B. Stevens is actually my top choice to replace Roy if he could be pried from the Celts! (Hubs is second in my book)

Call it what you want. The beautiful entity that we know as "Carolina Basketball" is the system.

We were successful with 4 corners...we are successful with Roy's run and gun...we will be successful with whatever the next coach wants to run.

We were successful with 4 corners...we are successful with Roy's run and gun...we will be successful with whatever the next coach wants to run.
Huh? 4 Corners was just a set in late-game situations. The basic system is the same under Dean and Roy. Roy has his favorite parts of it and installs his own tweaks but it is the same system (as Roy will gladly tell you).

And as for running? Nobody could run more efficiently than a Dean Smith team (as Tarkanian found out the hard way). Dean had two teams average 90+ when the shot-clock was 45 seconds.

Whether or not Shaka is tainted by this --- and he well may not be --- he doesn't belong in any UNC coaching discussions anyway, nor does anyone who doesn't coach the Carolina system.

Gary, I agree that Shaka is not real high on my list of coaches to one day replace Roy, not really due to any of this stuff however. I just do not love his preferred style of play. It is like I totally respect Tony Bennett as a coach but I would not want to see my Heels ever adopt Bennett's preferred style of play.

Our next coach, I want our next coach to really push the ball on offense, lots of running game on offense, solid out side shooters but lots of speed. ON defense, when we push the balI would love to see multiple defenses, at times snap in to a full court trapping press, switch man to zone with multiple looks (Dean Smith stuff there guys). Gets in to teams legs by running with a deep bench, never let the pressure off of them and then burn them with easy buckets off the running game and secondary break. So far, I don't see that in Shaka's teams.

Not to turn this into a Roy replacement thread but I still would love to see Mark Few as his replacement assuming we could get 5-8 years out of Few before he retires. And with their close friendship, I think Roy would fully support the hire.

Kinda odd for a Brother to squeal on his own Brother. My kid Brother knew better.

Was he trying to keep a long story short? I'm not clear on that.

Imagine if he hadn't given us the condensed version!

I know a guy about every 15-20 words or so says "and then I messed around and, uh......". I think it's an automatic placeholder phrase he uses to let his brain catch up to his mouth.

I'm not sure the brain ever caught up, lol. I agree with Mike here, my brother and I fought like cats and dogs but we always have each other's back and NEVER spill each other's dirt! This sickens me more than anything Mo or the handler might have done!

Reactions: viking131
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT