ADVERTISEMENT

Movie madness region 1potpourri (sports/horror/sci-fi/fantasy/musical/documentary

I haven't read this whole thread or really any of the threads having to do with the movie tournament, but only a rube would consider The Karate Kid a "sports" movie. WTH is wrong with you?

Well, it is considered an Olympic sport. If weightlifting, boxing and that sweeping game is considered a sport, then I'm fine with martial arts (which purpose isn't much different than boxing).

Sweep the leg.

2DsfRPQ.jpg

Well, it is considered an Olympic sport. If weightlifting, boxing and that sweeping game is considered a sport, then I'm fine with martial arts (which purpose isn't much different than boxing).

Is Kingpin a "sports" movie? The Big Lebowski? Teen Wolf? Caddyshack? Point Break?

I'm not arguing whether or not martial arts is a sport or not (I believe it is).

Is Kingpin a "sports" movie? The Big Lebowski? Teen Wolf? Caddyshack? Point Break?

I'm not arguing whether or not martial arts is a sport or not (I believe it is).
I would say yes on Kingpin but no on the rest. The plot of Kingpin hinges on the rise/fall/rise of the main character through competition. In the others the sports are secondary to the other stuff going on.

Reactions: Raising Heel
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT