ADVERTISEMENT

Movie Thread: Fall/Winter 2018

Just saw “bill murray stories”. Its a trip. Evidently he has spent a great deal of time just randomly showing up at places and inserting himself in random people lives for a couple hours. Once he showed up at a house party some college kids were having and washed their dishes. Really cool. ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Whats really a trip is that he did this to my bro in law. He was living in the bahamas in the ‘80’s and had a boat. One day hes cleaning the boat and this guy just walks down the dock and says “hey can u take me out fishing?” It was murray. Jay said he was stunned and just said “sure” so he jumped in and they took off. Spent half a day on the water and got shit faced and caught a lot of fish. When they came in he invited murray to a pig pickin he was going to. He came along and they partied all night with some....chemical help. Next day murray was gone but they found the pigs head in the toilet. He has pics of it all. Theres one with murray sticking his tongue down a fish’s mouth. Jay said he told them he does it to feel normal

Now that sounds fun. I heard a story once about Murray walking up to a guy eating a burger and fries, reached down and picked up one of the guy's fries, ate it and then looked at the guy and told him, "nobody will ever believe you." Then he walked away.

Just binge watched “you” on netflix. Dexter-like story of obsession over a blazing hot chick and what we’re willing to do for love with current social media help. Very good. Twisted yet very believable in todays social media climate. Check it out. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Reactions: Old_School59
Bohemian rhapsody

Well it was okay. Without the live aid ending (which was incredible) the movie would be a pile of shit though. Seen the story line a thousand times. Struggling artist falls in love, hits it big, does drugs, loses everything, makes a triumphant come back. Totally cliche. The guy playing mercury brings zero depth to his character. Especially with the exxagerated facial contortions in an effort to depict mercury’s over bite. I found myself looking away it was so ridiculous . Still overall glad i watched it.

⭐️⭐️⭐️

Reactions: Old_School59
“The endless”. Watched this on netflix on my daughters recommendation. Excellent sci fi. Two brothers revisit a summer camp run by a cult to try and get closure for their lives and find themselves trapped. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

I actually watched that recently because Netflix recommended it based on something else I had watched. I was 50/50 on whether I liked it, but it seemed like it was missing something from being really good. I don't know what that something is though. I like finding those "hidden gems" movies that turn out to be pretty good. "Moon" with Sam Rockwell was one of those for me.

Using my Roku, I tried out this "PlutoTV" channel. I watched a sci-fi show last night (can't recall the name) and it was going pretty good--parallel universe-type plot--then suddenly it ended. It was 7 minutes long!

Reactions: heelmanwilm
Bohemian rhapsody

Well it was okay. Without the live aid ending (which was incredible) the movie would be a pile of shit though. Seen the story line a thousand times. Struggling artist falls in love, hits it big, does drugs, loses everything, makes a triumphant come back. Totally cliche. The guy playing mercury brings zero depth to his character. Especially with the exxagerated facial contortions in an effort to depict mercury’s over bite. I found myself looking away it was so ridiculous . Still overall glad i watched it.

⭐️⭐️⭐️
I thought it was pretty good as well (7 out of 10 for me). I’m Glad I watched it because I really like Queen’s 70’s/early 80’s stuff. Great music of course but the story line was all the usual rock and roll cliches. And they really had to cram a lot of stuff into 2 hours so they definitely took some liberties with the actual sequence of events.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
Abducted in plain sight

The world’s most naive fam is victimized by a “gasp” mormon pedophile neighbor....twice. Hand jobs, aliens, child sex...Didnt know whether to puke, cry, laugh, or punch a wall. Mormons, go figure. Def something different.

⭐️⭐️⭐️

Last edited:
Abducted in plain sight

The world’s most naive fam is victimized by a “gasp” mormon pedophile neighbor....twice. Hand jobs, aliens, child sex...Didnt know whether to puke, cry, laugh, or punch a wall. Mormons, go figure. Def something different.

⭐️⭐️⭐️
I watched that not too long ago. Absolutely the dumbest, worst parents in the history of mankind. Don't get me wrong, child abduction and sexual abuse is absolutely terrible in all sense of the word, but if you're that freaking retarded, then I find it hard to have sympathy for you, even for something that bad. Even the girl...you believe that aliens were behind all this until you were SIXTEEN? Seriously, wake the F up already. My jaw dropped further and further as I watched it.

I watched that not too long ago. Absolutely the dumbest, worst parents in the history of mankind. Don't get me wrong, child abduction and sexual abuse is absolutely terrible in all sense of the word, but if you're that freaking retarded, then I find it hard to have sympathy for you, even for something that bad. Even the girl...you believe that aliens were behind all this until you were SIXTEEN? Seriously, wake the F up already. My jaw dropped further and further as I watched it.

“Heres a doctor’s note saying i need to sleep with your 12 year old daughter 5 nights a week as therapy”

Reactions: coolwaterunc
Star is born

Great soundtrack. Total cliche story line once again but cooper is awesome.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Afterlife

Hilarious. Clever. Witty. Loved it
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Blue planet II

Incredible photography. Mesmerizing. Blew me away. Great to watch to “wind down”.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Skyscraper

Hideous. Go lance a boil it’ll be more fun
-⭐️

Aquaman

Couldnt get past the fact he wears work boots. I mean really. Shouldnt a guy spending half his life in water be at least bare foot? Metal cant pierce his skin but he hurts his feet on pavement? Nice to see a movie go full retard hypocritical as the premise is backlash against us destroying the environment yet the people of atlantis enslave the creatures of the deep for transportation and lighting. Anyway decent action and special effects though even though its nearly identical in plot to black panther. My wife seemed to really enjoy it.
⭐️⭐️⭐️

American gods

Just discovered this! Love it! Sex, violence, sci fi, mystery...great cast and special effects...kind of twilight zone meets black mirror meets supernatural...watch this!
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Love death robots

Bunch of animated short stories about robots. Very entertaining. Def must see if u like sci fi
⭐️⭐️⭐️

Behind the curve

I have a fascination with the flat earth movement and this doc is very interesting. Tells the story of the movement and best part is when they set up an experiment to prove earth is flat but mistakenly prove the opposite. ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Us

Wow where to begin. Dopplegangers emerge from tunnels to take over their counterparts’ lives. About 30 min in i was ready to walk out and crash capt marvel. But i stuck it out and found it very intriguing. Totally illogical on many fronts but a nice plot twist made it worth it.
⭐️⭐️⭐️

Has anyone here seen The Highwaymen on Netflix? Woody Harrelson and Kevin Costner as out-of-retirement Texas Rangers, tracking down Bonnie and Clyde.

I've heard that the movie is quite different than the Warren Beatty Bonnie and Clyde movie (I didn't see that one either) - in that Beatty's movie romanticizes the criminals, and in Highwaymen the criminals are barely in the movie, it is more about the law enforcement people tracking them down. But it paints Bonnie and Clyde in a much less favorable, sympathetic light.

Critics have given it mediocre reviews but viewers gave it decent, not great reviews. Is there ever a way to eventually watch Netflix movies if you don't subscribe to Netflix?

Has anyone here seen The Highwaymen on Netflix? Woody Harrelson and Kevin Costner as out-of-retirement Texas Rangers, tracking down Bonnie and Clyde.

I've heard that the movie is quite different than the Warren Beatty Bonnie and Clyde movie (I didn't see that one either) - in that Beatty's movie romanticizes the criminals, and in Highwaymen the criminals are barely in the movie, it is more about the law enforcement people tracking them down. But it paints Bonnie and Clyde in a much less favorable, sympathetic light.

Critics have given it mediocre reviews but viewers gave it decent, not great reviews. Is there ever a way to eventually watch Netflix movies if you don't subscribe to Netflix?
I added it to my queue the other day. Haven't watched it yet.

[QUOTE="heelmanwilm, post: 1203176,

I have a fascination with the flat earth movement an
⭐️⭐️⭐️[/QUOTE]

Fascinated to the point of believing, or at people stupidity?

Highwaymen was pretty good IMO. I’m a big woody Harrelson fan though so I’m probably biased. I also love period pieces from that era. Public enemies with johnny depp is one of my favorites

Reactions: Heelicious
I never stayed interested beyond the main characters from the original movies. I did better with Star Trek, staying on board through two generations--three if you count new actors playing the original characters in the new movies.

The Star Trek reboot was awesome, and that's coming from a guy who's never been a Trekkie. That third film was a little disappointing, but from what I heard they had to scrap the original screenplay and rewrite it in a short time. That's probably what led to the underwhelming film. That first Trek reboot was pretty epic though, at least IMO.

I also agree about the new Star Wars movies. VII was meh, but it gave us hope. VIII was a straight up disaster and Solo wasn't any better. The one saving grace out of the new bunch was Rogue One. That was pretty friggen good.

End game was very good. Wrapped up all of what marvel has been working on over the last 22 movies nicely. Long movie, but good none the less.

End game was very good. Wrapped up all of what marvel has been working on over the last 22 movies nicely. Long movie, but good none the less.
I’ll be honest, I hope my son doesn’t want to go see this. I just don’t get too geeked up over superhero* movies, and really don’t want to sit in a crowded theater for 3 hours. I can wait until it’s on PPV.

* I did like Into the Spider-verse movie, as it had cool animation.

Also, just because it’s called “Endgame” this isn’t REALLY gonna be the last Marvel superhero movie, is it? I’m sure they will keep making more - too much money for them to stop now.

Also, just because it’s called “Endgame” this isn’t REALLY gonna be the last Marvel superhero movie, is it? I’m sure they will keep making more - too much money for them to stop now.
Do you want me to spoil it for you?

Do you want me to spoil it for you?
LOL. I'm sure others would get pissed if you did, so out of respect for those fans, I'll say no thanks.

Honestly, however, it doesn't really matter to me. I don't plan on seeing it in theaters anyway, so it might be 6 months before I watch it (if at all).

LOL. I'm sure others would get pissed if you did, so out of respect for those fans, I'll say no thanks.

Honestly, however, it doesn't really matter to me. I don't plan on seeing it in theaters anyway, so it might be 6 months before I watch it (if at all).
Would it deserve a beating?

Reactions: TarHeelMark
They are still making them. The next one actually comes out this year. Endgame is supposed to wrap up the avengers and thanos storyline. Spiderman 2 is the movie coming out this year.

Ok, I lied (but only because we lost power due to the rain). It was ok.
5xd0.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT