ADVERTISEMENT

Muslims execute 13 teens

Originally posted by strummingram:
It's a combination of ALL of it. You people seem intent on ONLY focusing on their religion. It's not only the way they were raised. Their living environment is something we can't even imagine. I believe their living conditions are much more of a culprit than how they were raised, even though those are also intertwined.
Combinations involve percentages. If you claim to know that it is a combination of factors, then surely you have an idea of how much each factor contributes, correct?

Here's an easy exercise for you, given your unique understanding (amongst OOTB) of radical Islamic behavior:

What percent of the following factors make up the reason for the radicalization of the average Mooslim extremist?

____ Living Conditions

____ They get paid to kill people in the name of Islam

____ Revenge

____ That's what the Koran tells 'em to do

Originally posted by UNC71-00:

It's a combination of ALL of it. You people seem intent on ONLY focusing on their religion. It's not only the way they were raised. Their living environment is something we can't even imagine. I believe their living conditions are much more of a culprit than how they were raised, even though those are also intertwined.
Combinations involve percentages. If you claim to know that it is a combination of factors, then surely you have an idea of how much each factor contributes, correct?

Here's an easy exercise for you, given your unique understanding (amongst OOTB) of radical Islamic behavior:

What percent of the following factors make up the reason for the radicalization of the average Mooslim extremist?

____ Living Conditions

____ Revenge

Good luck.

Are you challenging or disagreeing that those other factors don't play a role?

Originally posted by strummingram: That's good. Not all Muslims who fail kill people over their shortcomings either. Does Christ tell you to hold all Muslims as enemies and to believe they are all killers?
GLAD YOU ASK!!!!

"Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?"

Originally posted by gunslingerdick:

Am I correct in my understand of your position that even if Islam didn't exist and these radicals were Buddhists (or Atheists or agnostic), that they would still be killing children and suicide bombings and all that? Is that what you are trying to say here?
What would then be their reasoning for killing? In the name of what?
If you watch the film, apparently some of them are getting paid to do this stuff. Money is a great motivator.
Complete BS. If money were the motivator you say it is, they would have been turning in members of al Qaeda. Considering the rewards for them were in the millions.

They are killing because bin Laden called for a defensive jihad.

____ Living Conditions

____ Revenge

Good luck.

Yes. Robert Pape has written 2 books discrediting these factors.

Originally posted by mikeirbyusa:
Originally posted by strummingram: That's good. Not all Muslims who fail kill people over their shortcomings either. Does Christ tell you to hold all Muslims as enemies and to believe they are all killers?
GLAD YOU ASK!!!!

"Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?"
I asked, does Christ tell you to hold all Muslims as enemies? We already know their "fruits."

Originally posted by eec212020:

Am I correct in my understand of your position that even if Islam didn't exist and these radicals were Buddhists (or Atheists or agnostic), that they would still be killing children and suicide bombings and all that? Is that what you are trying to say here?
If you watch the film, apparently some of them are getting paid to do this stuff. Money is a great motivator.
Complete BS. If money were the motivator you say it is, they would have been turning in members of al Qaeda. Considering the rewards for them were in the millions.

Ohhh, so they worship bin Laden. I didn't say it was. I said "If you watch the film, APPARENTLY SOME OF THEM ARE..."

____ Living Conditions

____ Revenge

Good luck.

I know of Pape from the 2008 Ron Paul campaign. From Wiki: "he concludes that there is "little connection between suicide terrorism and Islamic Fundamentalism,
or any one of the world's religions... . Rather, what nearly all
suicide terrorist attacks have in common is a specific secular and
strategic goal: to compel modern democracies to withdraw military forces
from territory that the terrorists consider to be their homeland"

I'll accept that, too!

Ohhh, so they worship bin Laden. I didn't say it was. I said "If you watch the film, APPARENTLY SOME OF THEM ARE..."
None of them are. This is a religious duty. IF IT WERE ABOUT MONEY, THEY COULD GET CONSIDERABLE MORE BY TURNING IN MEMBERS OF al QAEDA.

It's really wonderful you can say it has nothing to do with their religion, without even understanding what a defensive jihad is.

____ Living Conditions

____ Revenge

Good luck.

I know of Pape from the 2008 Ron Paul campaign. From Wiki: "he concludes that there is "little connection between suicide terrorism and Islamic Fundamentalism,
or any one of the world's religions... . Rather, what nearly all
suicide terrorist attacks have in common is a specific secular and
strategic goal: to compel modern democracies to withdraw military forces
from territory that the terrorists consider to be their homeland"

I'll accept that, too!
I'll try to explain this for you since you are having problems. Money and living conditions have zero to do with this. I never said suicide terrorism and Islam have a connection. Do you understand now?

Read the books.

None of them are. This is a religious duty. IF IT WERE ABOUT MONEY, THEY COULD GET CONSIDERABLE MORE BY TURNING IN MEMBERS OF al QAEDA.

It's really wonderful you can say it has nothing to do with their religion, without even understanding what a defensive jihad is.
I never said it has nothing to do with their religion. I said it has to do with MORE THAN JUST THEIR RELIGION! And, per your source, Robert Pape, it has nothing to do with it.

I'll try to explain this for you since you are having problems. Money and living conditions have zero to do with this. I never said suicide terrorism and Islam have a connection. Do you understand now?

Read the books.
How do you keep track of which terrorism does or does not have to do with Islam?

I never said it has nothing to do with their religion. I said it has to do with MORE THAN JUST THEIR RELIGION! And, per your source, Robert Pape, it has nothing to do with it.
Where did I say anything about suicide terrorism and Islam? I haven't. You are trying to change the subject because you have no clue as to what you are talking about.

What is a defensive jihad and does that have anything to do with Islam?

Where did I say anything about suicide terrorism and Islam? I haven't. You are trying to change the subject because you have no clue as to what you are talking about.

If it's to get invading militaries out of their homeland, then I'll gladly accept that as well. I said that above.

Read the books.
How do you keep track of which terrorism does or does not have to do with Islam?
Simple. What was the religion of the person who blew themselves up. But I haven't talked about terrorism, just your argument that economic and living conditions being a factor.

If it's to get invading militaries out of their homeland, then I'll gladly accept that as well. I said that above.
Which is a part of Islam.

Since 2010, Islamists have doubled in number, why is that?

Read the books.
Simple. What was the religion of the person who blew themselves up. But I haven't talked about terrorism, just your argument that economic and living conditions being a factor.
I'm confused. Blowing yourself up is not an example of terrorism? And, which person are you even referring to? If you're asking a question, try and use these "?" at the end of the sentence.

Read the books.
I'm confused. Blowing yourself up is not an example of terrorism? And, which person are you even referring to? If you're asking a question, try and use these "?" at the end of the sentence.
I didn't ask a question. You asked "How do you keep track of which terrorism does or does not have to do with Islam?".

Read the books.
I didn't ask a question. You asked "How do you keep track of which terrorism does or does not have to do with Islam?".
You said "What was the religion of the person who blew themselves up." What person are you talking about? And using "What" typically begins a question.

Read the books.
You said "What was the religion of the person who blew themselves up." What person are you talking about? And using "What" typically begins a question.

I didn't ask a question. If a Muslim blows themselves up, they are Muslim. If a Christian blows themselves up, they are Christian. If a Hindu blows themselves up, they are Hindu. Suicide terrorism has nothing to do with a specific religion. Money and living conditions, which is what I was talking about, has nothing to do with these events. You brought up money and living conditions.

Jihad is specific to Islam.

Read the books.

I didn't ask a question. If a Muslim blows themselves up, they are Muslim. If a Christian blows themselves up, they are Christian. If a Hindu blows themselves up, they are Hindu. Suicide terrorism has nothing to do with a specific religion. Money and living conditions, which is what I was talking about, has nothing to do with these events. You brought up money and living conditions.

Jihad is specific to Islam.
It felt like an Abbot and Costello Who's-On-First routine.

Okay, Jihad is specific to Islam, but Islamic Fundamentalism has nothing to do with these attacks and violence according to Pape. So, are you saying their religion is or is not a factor? I still believe that the circumstances of their lives over the last 60 years (generations) contributes to their resolve and the fervor to which they carry it out. I believe all of it contributes.

1)-Suicide terrorism has nothing to do with religion.

2)-Economic and living conditions don't motivate Muslims to commit acts of violence. That's what people in the west believe.

3)-Their resolve and fervor has to do with their belief that Islam is under attack from the west.

4)-Jihad allows Muslims to kill under certain conditions. bin Laden called for a defensive jihad in 1996.

This post was edited on 1/21 6:29 PM by eec212020

2)-Economic and living conditions don't motivate Muslims to commit acts of violence. That's what people in the west believe.

3)-Their resolve and fervor has to do with their belief that Islam is under attack from the west.

4)-Jihad allows Muslims to kill under certain conditions. bin Laden called for a defensive jihad in 1996.

What about Muslims who live IN "The West" and are basically assimilated to western society?

What about Muslims who live IN "The West" and are basically assimilated to western society?
1)-Some are calling for reform. Irshad Manji and Reza Aslan are calling for a reform of Islam.

2)-Some are Sufi. Sufis don't believe in anything being literal.

3)-Some know about it and refuse to do it.

4)-Some have no idea. Their clerics don't teach it. Muhammad put clerics to death for refusing to teach it.

GLAD YOU ASK!!!!

I asked, does Christ tell you to hold all Muslims as enemies? We already know their "fruits."
Keep asking!

Philippians 3:17-20
17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.
18 (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)
20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

GLAD YOU ASK!!!!

Keep asking!

Philippians 3:17-20
17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.
18 (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)
20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:
So, that's a Yes.

Has any one of these Islam threads ever ended without Strum demanding the last word?

Has any one of these Islam threads ever ended without Strum demanding the last word?
Patience, he's seeing the light.

If you say so. But given he thought the answer to the last one was Yes, I'm not so confident.

However you da Pastor here so I defer.

His "yes" means he agrees that the scripture DOES say they are our enemies.

And what is to be done with enemies of Christians?

And what is to be done with enemies of Christians?
giphy.gif

The terror groups in question all want various islamic states. They murder those who they feel are preventing this. This is not my opinion, this what they say themselves and incorporate in their very identity and charters and mission statements. They want a govt based on islamic law. So dont anyoone DARE try to peddle some bullshyt that this is not about religion. It is SOLELY about religion. To blame the us or poverty is absolute crap. This is religius extremism. It is occurring in rich and poor countries. It is occurring in countries that do and dont support israel. It is occurring in countries that are and arent us allies. It is occurring in countries that are black and countries that are white. Across europe, asia, n america, australia and africa. This 100% religion based. Anyone who says otherwise is blinded by an agenda or naive to basic historical and religous facts. What to do about it? All i got is that we should quit kidding ng ourselves and educate people that islam breeds hate, bigotry, racism, sexism, pedophilia (muhammad married a 10 yr old) and murder. Hopefully that will influence many to not convert at least.

When I said "So, that's a Yes" I wasn't referring to me. I was referring
to YOU. It sounded to me like you were using Scripture to base your
resolve that all Muslims are YOUR enemy. I never said Christ told ME
that. From my experience, for better or for worse, humans are inclined
to pick out certain parts of their chosen holy texts and emphasize them,
and then other parts, that might be in conflict with their personal
attitudes and feelings, they de-emphasize. It's common and expected
because we ARE human. I thought Christ told us to pray and forgive our enemies most of all. The only part about that in which I have conflict with is when He added "It's like heaping burning coals on their heads" or something like that. There is an air of insincerity there to me. Almost like "Don't worry, their suffering is on the way" which has a sense of revenge to it. But, I digress.

So, now we've established that the New
Testament is instructing or explaining, to some, who your sworn enemies are, or at least should be.
Fortunately there's no specific violent retribution tactics, that I know
of. But, that won't stop, and doesn't stop, people from inventing some or adding that part
on their own. I guess it's up to you how to handle that directly, or
indirectly. You already said you (Mike) don't kill people who are in religious
opposition to you. I knew that before you said it and I appreciate that about you (and anyone who shares it) immensely! But, I'm guessing when the USA send troops over there
and they kill people, you're not too regretful over that situation. Over the innocents? Yes. Over those who you feel are the instigators? Then your nationalism and your religion get mixed-in together and it
doesn't feel as personal.

I don't think I've ever "demanded the last word."

Oh but contrar strum. The scripture DOES tell us they are our enemy, not MY WORDS but the scriptures.

Read it again and let it soak in. And I can bring you many-many more.

UNC-nevermind, thought he was understanding who our enemies are.
ohwell.r191677.gif

Oh but contrar strum. The scripture DOES tell us they are our enemy, not MY WORDS but the scriptures.
I think that's his point, mike. He's saying both the Bible and the Quran claim that those who don't believe in their God/Allah are infidels who should be put to death.

Read it again and let it soak in. And I can bring you many-many more.

UNC-nevermind, thought he was understanding who our enemies are.
ohwell.r191677.gif
I don't seek enemies in this life. If I have them, or acquire them, then I try to deal with them once I realize who, or what, they are. But, I do not feel animosity, fear, or hatred toward people I don't even know, okay? And, when you label anyone an "enemy", you're hard-wired to think differently about them.

And, you might wanna check your reference above. You chose to say "who OUR enemies are." Who else do you speak for in that context? I don't have the same enemies you have, nor do you have mine. I think you're letting your religion and nationalism speak for others besides just yourself. I believe we make our own enemies in our choices and our actions in our lives. I don't claim an enemy based on the way they communicate with God. I'm thankful that they can communicate with God. I want the same for myself.

Originally posted by Raising Heel:

I think that's his point, mike. He's saying both the Bible and the Quran claim that those who don't believe in their God/Allah are infidels who should be put to death.
Thank you! You understood perfectly. Can I get an AMEN?

Originally posted by Raising Heel:

Thank you! You understood perfectly. Can I get an AMEN?
I agree but the problem is Muslims are killing people in the name of God and other religions are not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT