ADVERTISEMENT

Nas Little shot chart

pln2013

All-ACC
May 8, 2017
Kinda cool

Hard to read too much into a HS shot chart, but some thoughts:
- He's on fire from the corners; he's not likely to get many of those shots at UNC, unfortunately. However...
- Those numbers may just indicate that he's much better at spot-up 3s than pull-up 3s (guessing the wing and straight way 3s are frequently off-the-dribble), which isn't unusual for a young guy with a developing skill-set. If that interpretation is right, it bodes well for his ability to stretch the floor at UNC. And if he's a significant threat from 3, his show-and-go game will be nasty.
- He can really finish. No surprise there. Tall, long, strong, bouncy.
- Continues to flash a mid-range ability, especially from the left side (guessing he usually attacks the rim when he drives right).

This is what Carolina Basketball is all about ........ working for a high % shot!

Thanks Deano!!! RIP

White and Little bring two efficient scorers to the equation. That only bodes well for us.

Looking a little too far into the future, I think White's sophomore season (assuming he has one) will be one of the great individual seasons in UNC history. With Maye and Little leaving, I think he'll get the keys and go crazy.

Kinda cool

Hard to read too much into a HS shot chart, but some thoughts:
- He's on fire from the corners; he's not likely to get many of those shots at UNC, unfortunately. However...
- Those numbers may just indicate that he's much better at spot-up 3s than pull-up 3s (guessing the wing and straight way 3s are frequently off-the-dribble), which isn't unusual for a young guy with a developing skill-set. If that interpretation is right, it bodes well for his ability to stretch the floor at UNC. And if he's a significant threat from 3, his show-and-go game will be nasty.
- He can really finish. No surprise there. Tall, long, strong, bouncy.
- Continues to flash a mid-range ability, especially from the left side (guessing he usually attacks the rim when he drives right).
The thing I notice is that he likes to shoot from the left side of the rim a lot more than the right side almost across the board. His percentages are a good bit higher and with higher volume from there. I wonder if that is due to the hand he shoots with and his form.

Edit: Where this is particularly noticable is on the mid range from the direct rights and lefts of the rim where he is 54% to 18%. These are likely leaners towards out of bounds. Leaning toward the baseline as a righty puts a harder angle on the shot or can even put the ball at the side of the backboard going into the shot. While on the opposite side it is more of a direct shot.

Reactions: mikeirbyusa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT