ADVERTISEMENT

NC State at UNC-Tuesday 24 Feb 2015 game thread

never thought a team could shot 35% against us and we would lose by 12. sad day to be a heel fan we had 12 turnovers when a team plays that slow what is that like having 30

Originally posted by imajericho:
It is honestly one of the worst offensive UNC teams ever.. which is so crazy figuring how good the inside players are (they make hard shots look so easy inside).

Teams can just stack the middle because UNC is afraid to shoot from the arc.
where is the team that scored against Duke and GT? Game was slowed down and turned into a half court game with half the time to do it based on the length of time they held the ball on offense..

Originally posted by Spaceytoyz:
many years of watching the Heels , Just not one of the teams I enjoy watching, The Capel Lang teams was my all time worst, the Team with Deon thompson and Graves NIT team was second, this one is third, Just hard to watch these guys, love the team though..
Space, none of us have actually ever seen a Carolina basketball or football team which you enjoy watching. Just sayin.

Originally posted by imajericho:
It is honestly one of the worst offensive UNC teams ever.. which is so crazy figuring how good the inside players are (they make hard shots look so easy inside).

Teams can just stack the middle because UNC is afraid to shoot from the arc.
where is the team that scored against Duke and GT? Game was slowed down and turned into a half court game with half the time to do it based on the length of time they held the ball on offense..
Duke didn't pack in the inside. Which let us continue to feed the post. We couldn't even get the ball into the post most of this game. A telling sign is when Tokoto tried to lob it into Brice... who was doubled before the pass. Had to catch on the base line and had no angle to shoot at the hoop.

We are so afraid to shoot at the arc that they don't have to defend it.

Teams are probably averaging triple our attempts from 3 over the season easily.

Godawful guard play. Despite the fact that Berry looked shaky I think he should've gotten more minutes, particularly early. If he doesn't get it by tourney time we're toast anyway.

This team may implode from with in now. They may lose out and miss the tournament.
flush.r191677.gif

Originally posted by RP12:

Godawful guard play. Despite the fact that Berry looked shaky I think he should've gotten more minutes, particularly early. If he doesn't get it by tourney time we're toast anyway.
Berry looked absolutely pitiful for his entire 6 minutes, you want him to have more . . ?

I can't believe non of you guys think that was a good coaching by By Gott, they milked the clock, forced the ball out of the shooters Baited Jackson and Tokoto into shooting and held the Heels to around 50 points at home and a hostile crowd...
I think the strategy to hold the ball was a good decision. The gameplan was definitely solid. I didn't mean he crapped the bed coaching. We got a lot of pretty damn good shots we missed and breaks we completely screwed up as well though. They took Paige out of the game but many teams have done that. I thought their big guys played outstanding but we got the ball too them pretty regularly. Their guys were just better than our guys. No doubt Gott did a good job though. I just don't think Roy did a bad job, which is probably why I worded it the way I did. It is just all on our players IMO, except for the late game execution, which is on Roy to an extent.

I agree. Tonight was not a night for Berry to learn on the job. Made an awful turnover when UNC had the ball and was down 5. Telegraphed the pass to the inside so badly Lacey took it right off his hands.Meeks struggled badly in the 1st half and that may have been Brice Johnson's worst game of the year.

Originally posted by RP12:

Yeah Billy he was bad but had no rhythm. He's our only real choice at PG.
I've been listening to that kinda talk since last summer.

" Berry will be the starter at PG next season. He's our best of the 3 incoming freshmen . . you wait, you'll see in November how good he is, he's gonna start day 1 . . "

Of our 3 freshmen, he's been the biggest disappointment IMO . . he may turn the corner from frosh to sophomore, and I expect him to do so, but, he hasn't proven he's all that so far this year . .

Jus' saying . .

I can't believe non of you guys think that was a good coaching by By Gott, they milked the clock, forced the ball out of the shooters Baited Jackson and Tokoto into shooting and held the Heels to around 50 points at home and a hostile crowd...
sort of agreeing with you...even with that, are we saying roy was out coached again?

sounds like as bad as gottfried is, he can dumb up roy's bunch in a pinch...and let's not get it twisted, gottfried is on the bottom end of coaches in the league.

either way, this is a bad loss...and if state gets in on this win, we're massively overrated.

I am just sick , we lost to a mediocre moo team of mismatching parts. Would we even take one of their big men? I don't think so. We are just offensively challenged and I guess it ain't changing.

Originally posted by Snoopy3320:
I agree. Tonight was not a night for Berry to learn on the job. Made an awful turnover when UNC had the ball and was down 5. Telegraphed the pass to the inside so badly Lacey took it right off his hands.Meeks struggled badly in the 1st half and that may have been Brice Johnson's worst game of the year.
Most everyone struggled. The bench was awful. They had 5 turnovers, 7 fouls, and 4 points. Hell, outside of Meeks and Jackson we were pretty terrible to be honest. Actually, Paige did ok as a PG but not with scoring, which is unfortunately what we need for him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT