ADVERTISEMENT

Ncaa hearing

Curious thing that author has Iowa connections, one of 44 FBS schools offering courses for athlete only and offered through the athletic department.

I read the hearing today lasted only 4.5 hours and concluded.

I wish I could get my hopes up that the NCAA won't at least try to hammer MBB & MFB, but with those idiots, I just can't. I hope the COI will realize the situation and offer the appropriate "punishment", but I have serious doubts they will. I just get this feeling we are going to see some harsh penalties thrown at us and this will end up in court. Court of public opinion has already rendered it's verdict a long time ago and the NCAA has dragged this damn thing out as long as they can, but I just don't think it will be enough.

Maybe it is the cynic in me, but I see them trying to take a banner down from MBB and hit MBB and MFB with something harsh. That way they can say they "tried" to "do the right thing" to appease the rabid ABC'ers out there when the courts toss it and will save face with them. Problem for the NCAA is if the UNC lawyers make them open up the books elsewhere. THAT is when I could see it being settled to make sure they (and everyone else) can't get their hands on what was and wasn't done in every other case.

Who know? I guess we have to wait and see.

The thing is though even after the meeting(s) this week we won't have a final say so from the NCAA - not for a few weeks anyway.
I wish I could get my hopes up that the NCAA won't at least try to hammer MBB & MFB, but with those idiots, I just can't. I hope the COI will realize the situation and offer the appropriate "punishment", but I have serious doubts they will. I just get this feeling we are going to see some harsh penalties thrown at us and this will end up in court. Court of public opinion has already rendered it's verdict a long time ago and the NCAA has dragged this damn thing out as long as they can, but I just don't think it will be enough.

Maybe it is the cynic in me, but I see them trying to take a banner down from MBB and hit MBB and MFB with something harsh. That way they can say they "tried" to "do the right thing" to appease the rabid ABC'ers out there when the courts toss it and will save face with them. Problem for the NCAA is if the UNC lawyers make them open up the books elsewhere. THAT is when I could see it being settled to make sure they (and everyone else) can't get their hands on what was and wasn't done in every other case.

Who know? I guess we have to wait and see.

Expect the worst!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT