ADVERTISEMENT

Ncaa hearing

Aug 12, 2017
Apologize if this has been discussed but I find it a bit odd given that Roy and co are meeting with the Ncaa this week and theres nothing being posted about it. Seems like a pretty big deal. Anyways, anyone here have any feeling one way or the other what might occur? I read an article on espn earlier saying that we might know something later this week.

There's been a few thoughts shared . .

https://northcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/aug-16.55241/#post-893215

I think it'll still be another 2-3 months before we learn what level the NCAA attempts to punish UNC. Given that the 2 sides are and have been so far apart in discussions for quite some time now, we should be prepared for a possible court case.

The NC2A wants blood . . . we're not in the blood donating mood.

I will remain hopeful. August 16-17, 2017, our team will represent us well, and we hope, successfully. AD & Chancellor are attending and a pretty good group of counsel.
And as Billy said, we'll know in a few months.

I'd be shocked if this doesn't go to court. Sankey has a verdict in his mind and the hearing hasn't even happened yet. You can bet he is gonna bring the hammer and hopefully UNC says "see ya in court."

Reactions: JimmyinVA
The NCAA better step lightly in this case. They will be blasted by guys like Jay Bilas in the media if they over step their authority and hand down hard BS penalties. They can't stand for this to go to court and be humiliated again like in the Penn St. case. Carolina has a great team of lawyers that will be well prepared to defend this case. I also think Greg Sankey could care less and would like nothing more then to hand down stiff penalties and go to court. He'd love to drag Carolina through the mud for another couple of years. How's he's still allowed to be involved in this hearing is beyond me.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
The thing is though even after the meeting(s) this week we won't have a final say so from the NCAA - not for a few weeks anyway.

The NCAA better step lightly in this case. They will be blasted by guys like Jay Bilas in the media if they over step their authority and hand down hard BS penalties. They can't stand for this to go to court and be humiliated again like in the Penn St. case. Carolina has a great team of lawyers that will be well prepared to defend this case. I also think Greg Sankey could care less and would like nothing more then to hand down stiff penalties and go to court. He'd love to drag Carolina through the mud for another couple of years. How's he's still allowed to be involved in this hearing is beyond me.
If they cared what Jay thinks, then this would have been over a few years ago. Nothing he says matters to them.

Reactions: FlaTarHeel
Expect the verdict in early January. UNC has a gag order and anything you hear will be all speculation.

I'd be shocked if this doesn't go to court. Sankey has a verdict in his mind and the hearing hasn't even happened yet. You can bet he is gonna bring the hammer and hopefully UNC says "see ya in court."

Yeah, I mean they (the NCAA) did ignore the conclusions of their own investigative team, so the Stankey lead NCAA clearly wants blood. They (NCAA) assumes at this point UNC will take what ever over the top action the Stankey lead lynch mod elects so if anything they will go even further over the top.

The Avatar is great!

The NCAA is on the verge of either looking stupid for wasting years of time and money OR becoming a footnote in sport's history!

I did read from a tweet that Roy has Jim Cooney as his attorney. Jim is top notch in this state.

I hear Jim Cooney is the George Clooney in his line of work . .

2922-2.jpg

I really do not know what is going down. The NCAA is quite sociopathic in it's stance and actually believes that it's version is the correct one, which is one reason I believe that there will be some harsh penalties laid down.

Debbie Crowder and Jan Boxill are there with their lawyers and will get to present their side of the story concerning allegations against them. I do believe that if the COI follows and rules that Debbie engaged in unethical conduct and rules against Jan Boxill, there will be a good chance that either one or the both of them file a defamation lawsuit against the NCAA.

This has been too nasty for too long, and in a way I sort of hope that the COI will go for the jugular leaving UNC no choice but to take the matter to court after the appeals panel rubber stamps the COI rulings.

There are a number of people on the panel with legal backgrounds, so they may temper the process based upon their different legal perspectives. But then again, there have been a lot of prosecutors with legal backgrounds that have ignored established laws and legal procedures when it suited their predetermined vision of how it is supposed to be.

I have no confidence in the process.

Glenn

Reactions: Archer2
I really do not know what is going down. The NCAA is quite sociopathic in it's stance and actually believes that it's version is the correct one, which is one reason I believe that there will be some harsh penalties laid down.

Debbie Crowder and Jan Boxill are there with their lawyers and will get to present their side of the story concerning allegations against them. I do believe that if the COI follows and rules that Debbie engaged in unethical conduct and rules against Jan Boxill, there will be a good chance that either one or the both of them file a defamation lawsuit against the NCAA.

This has been too nasty for too long, and in a way I sort of hope that the COI will go for the jugular leaving UNC no choice but to take the matter to court after the appeals panel rubber stamps the COI rulings.

There are a number of people on the panel with legal backgrounds, so they may temper the process based upon their different legal perspectives. But then again, there have been a lot of prosecutors with legal backgrounds that have ignored established laws and legal procedures when it suited their predetermined vision of how it is supposed to be.

I have no confidence in the process.

Glenn
I actually felt good about it until Sankey got involved... From there nothing good was gonna come of that.

I am curious as to transcipts/videos of this process today.

I know full well that Stinkey is a hit man hired by the SEC/kY to take us out

But he is only 1 of 7on this committee and perhaps the transcripts etc would reveal the nature of the back and forth, who is asking questions the tenor/ tone etc( which you could get from videos or audio.

In other words is this a kangaroo court( as I suspect) or a more legal forum with folks like Atty gen Gonzalez actually trying to ascertain facts from our case???

Hope we can get some more details in the coming days

Reactions: Archer2
Is no transcripts.

From early twitter quotes beforehand, it sounded like the commitee is deadset to hammer.

Twitter?
None of the legal council for the parties is sending anything via twitter, nor the parties themselves. They are all in hearing.
Twitter before the hearing? You might as well have offered up a good rumor.

Twitter?
None of the legal council for the parties is sending anything via twitter, nor the parties themselves. They are all in hearing.
Twitter before the hearing? You might as well have offered up a good rumor.
Reading is hard.

Saw a report where a Carolina source who was in the room said that the session went better than expected from our standpoint .The "vibe" was positive.... all of which means absolutely nothing. Just passing this info along

Reactions: Archer2 and CJBlue
2017–18 NCAA Division I men's basketball season. The 2017–18 NCAA Division I men's basketball season will begin on November 10, 2017 The first tournament will be the 2K Sports Classic and the season will end with the Final Four in San Antonio on April 2, 2018. Practices officially begin on September 29, 2017.

A little long But a good read nonetheless This guy has been on both sides of the fence

http://collegead.com/unc-scandal-penalties/

Post script Isn't Iowa , where this guy works, one of those schools that has athletes ONLY courses that are GRADED by athletic dept staff??

Also didn't that dbag Wallace Loh OK all that when he was at IOWA??

Last edited:
Saw a report where a Carolina source who was in the room said that the session went better than expected from our standpoint .The "vibe" was positive.... all of which means absolutely nothing. Just passing this info along

I do wonder if the NCAA has or will come to some place of sanity, asking the real question, do we really need this, do we really need to force UNC to take us to court just so we can be biatch slapped like they did with Penn St? Clearly UNC is ready, willing, and able to take this to court and history is not on the NCAA's side. When the NCAA went away from the recommendations of its own investigative staff such a thing will nor should be looked at favorably by the courts. Strike a deal UNC will accept and close the book, best for all involved.

Reactions: keysersosay#1
Stinkey is a HIT MAN, he has been hired by the thugs at the SEC and especially KY to vacate wins, bring down banners etc .THAT is what he has his sights on and the rest is just noise. Will saner heads at the NCAA prevail??? One would hope so, but I see this going to court. I LOVE our chances there.

The NCAA must be aware that most folks that care about amateur sports understand their past record regarding, Emmert and Sankey and the Saban saga as an example and the more recent revelation, that 44 FBS schools are running shops that cater academics to athletes only through their athletic departments and the stunner, not adhering to their own NCAA Bylaws, surely they understand most of us already know how corrupt they are and how they deal (or not) with certain Universities. So we will wait on the conclusion of this mess.
I hope UNC has a favorable outcome.

Being a smart ass on the internet is silly too.
Twitter beforehand is useless, like a rumor...speaking of reading and in your case comprehension.
Hey, if you can't take the time to read stuff and understand what is written that is a personal issue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT