ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament (2024) Thread

What Painter and Purdue has done is against the grain. They took Williams, Haas, Eddy, big projects . Giants that others said can't move. Eddy was at IMG, if UNC, Duke, Kentucky wanted him, they had him.

Brandon Brantley, the big man coach at Purdue is a hometown guy. He deserves a ton of credit, as does Purdue and Painter. They went against the grain and made a way.

If UConn lets Smith get comfortable they have a problem. He is a DAWG !!! I think UConn has to harass three quarters and get Smith uncomfortable.

Getting after Smith is the key for UConn, and they are well equipped to do that.

Man - I commend the Purdue players for none of them cold cocking that whiny little bitch Hurley. He’s on the court half of the game including 5 feet on the court clapping at Purdue players, talking to the Purdue players at timeouts on the court - a big no no. Losing his shit on the sidelines on every play that doesn’t go his way. He’s done enough to get 3 techs already - I know there’s no way in this game they’d call one on him, but he’s totally done stuff tonight to earn techs if it were a regular season game

It’s taken one season to elevate this little garbage POS to more hated to me than coach K. Or at least equal hate. Quite the feat.

hurley continues to do everything that i hate from a coach…he might be as bad as kay was.

as for the game, think jones needs to get going.

uconn winning helps me in a money bracket, but they’re becoming duke to me, spencer included.
lol we’re all on a common verbatim vibe here - Hurley as bad or worse than k from dook.

At least Spencer is the only dbag player I know of from UConn I know of. And unlike Dook I can’t tell that all UConn fans are a big collection of aholes and losers.

lol we’re all on a common verbatim vibe here - Hurley as bad or worse than k from dook.

At least Spencer is the only dbag player I know of from UConn I know of. And unlike Dook I can’t tell that all UConn fans are a big collection of aholes and losers.
i can’t imagine another coach sprinting out to mid court during a timeout to make a point to an official and have words with an opposing player…even during a play, he’s almost to mid court, on the court, and grabbing the official.

i feel like that’s pitino haha
Or maybe Rick Barnes or Bruce Pearl. Imagine the Tar Heel Program and family even interviewing this POS. I don’t agree we should only hire a Carolina past player or assistant coach.

We also shouldn’t interview or hire a total classless zero character inferiority complex lil B—ch who is obsessed with himself and his press coverage - and gets in fights with drunk college kid fans. What a legend. Hate him.

Welp. If Edey is the only guy who showed up for championship effort tonight - and he is off shooting, this game is pretty much over.

Not good that it’s hard to name another Purdue player that has done anything noteworthy

I mean - embarrassing. It’s like nobody else for Purdue even got off the bus

Last edited:
UConn with an exclamation point. Gotta tip your hat, two years in a row without a single digit game. Dominant!!

Effective gameplan from UConn though. Didn’t allow anyone other than Edey to score really. Edey is an all time college player but doesn’t have the teammates to win against this opponent.

Reactions: tarwhiz
What kind of gameplan is it where you attempt five 3s against UConn? Did you really think you can 2pt your way to beating them?
Everyone for Purdue except Edey tonight looks easily like a team that would’ve lost to a 16 seed. Just zero fire, energy, effort. On defense, rebounding, and taking / making open 3s. They were supposed to be a great 3 shooting team. So let’s just leave that in our pockets. Great plan.

Everyone seems to hate Hurley but we all better get used to it because he is going to be a problem for a long time in college basketball.

If for some reason he was to lose his mind and go to Kentucky, it will be scary with all that NIL money them hillbillies would try and round up for every recruit they wanted.

I think Hurley will get an offer from the NBA and take it. The fact is that UCONN played well - great motion on offense. I think UNC could've beaten them, but they did beat Alabama.
Purdue outperformed in the tournament, seeing how Edey is their entire team.. Hope he does well as a pro. Hurley is a very annoying coach to watch - he makes Billy Donnovan look like an upstanding person

Reactions: Heelicious
I think Hurley will get an offer from the NBA and take it. The fact is that UCONN played well - great motion on offense. I think UNC could've beaten them, but they did beat Alabama.
Purdue outperformed in the tournament, seeing how Edey is their entire team.. Hope he does well as a pro. Hurley is a very annoying coach to watch - he makes Billy Donnovan look like an upstanding person

Hurley is annoying. But the word “upstanding” implies an element of ethics or morality, and I don’t think we have any reason to doubt Danny Hurley in that department.
Hurley just committed to staying. Duke and UConn are the odds on favorites to win the tournament next year.
Which begs the question, would you rather have Duke win or have Hurley 3-peat?

Hurley is annoying. But the word “upstanding” implies an element of ethics or morality, and I don’t think we have any reason to doubt Danny Hurley in that department.
Hurley just committed to staying. Duke and UConn are the odds on favorites to win the tournament next year.
This is so funny. Dook and Kentucky and now UConn are the easy answers every year just based on recruiting classes and nonobjective worship of these programs by especially east coast media / espn.

But the predictions are worth even less in NIL /portal age. Doesn’t UConn likely lose 3-4 of its starters and more in their top 7-8? And Dook has had a top 3 recruiting class in virtually every year in last 10 - no titles. Who knows who these teams will bring in via the portal.

You have to give Hurley his due (though i hate that prick) - but I’m not sure what new coaching strategy he’s unsurfaced that is leaps and bounds above other coaches and programs. Colllege basketball is at a weak point overall now with no other great teams.

I still think UNC 2005 and 2009 teams would have beaten this UConn team. Several good past dook, Kansas, Kentucky, maybe Gonzaga teams would’ve beat them too.

I don't hate Hurley, he is an arse for sure but he is a arse that can coach, he is an arse that can develop a team. I think at this point, he would be absolutely crazy to leave UConn, great job IMO. Has a great pipeline to talent in that north east, at a school that is basketball centric, a program that has risen above the rest to have a legit claim to be considered Mt Rushmore worthy, and who is your biggest rival, Creighton, Marquette? Not like you are facing the gauntlet that the ACC, SEC, presents. And they have a fan base that is not as looney as a place like Kentucky, just think as college jobs go that is a really great spot to coach till you are ready to retire. He will get anything he wants from UConn, as much control over UConn athletics as K had over duke, what more could a coach want?

I tip my hat to Hurley and his UConn team, darn good team and they deserve everything that is coming their way. Back to back nattys is really special, I would love to feel what it would be like for UNC to win back to back nattys.

Reactions: Heelicious
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT