ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament (2024) Thread

Now dook is gone moo should be next game so if lil Carolina women’s team can lose it will be great

Didn't UNC basically do that Thursday night?
@tw3301 - Joey are you going to weigh in on your boys’ and coaches’ gutty classic E8 performance worthy of the brotherhood or nah? The Roach and the Cow balled out today.

Joey’s long gone. You should update your profile to the current pine riding dad bod no talent stiff Ryan Young just to keep current.

Just an incredible run by State. I know some here hate them equally with Dook, but it's not even close for me not living in the triangle. I have enjoyed their NCAA games, playing their behinds off and having fun.

Burns is a problem for everyone. Edey is a mountain though, that will be interesting, if Burns avoids fouls, and isn't totally gassed. I'm looking forward to that game.

I hope they beat Purdue so the big whatever can suck it.
Yeah - I don’t see it. With Purdue bowing early several years in the past I feel like they are locked in and focused this year. And I just don’t see DJ whatever backing down Edey one bit. And he’ll swat a lot of those below the rim shots he takes.

Just an incredible run by State. I know some here hate them equally with Dook, but it's not even close for me not living in the triangle. I have enjoyed their NCAA games, playing their behinds off and having fun.

Burns is a problem for everyone. Edey is a mountain though, that will be interesting, if Burns avoids fouls, and isn't totally gassed. I'm looking forward to that game.
He’s been gassed for about 3 weeks now.

Purdue doesn't need to double, and Eddy doesn't need to leave his feet to defend Burns.
Game over for State come Saturday

Reactions: Heelicious
Purdue doesn't need to double, and Eddy doesn't need to leave his feet to defend Burns.
Game over for State come Saturday
I haven't checked yet, but I would assume Purdue will be 10 to 12 points favorites, and rightfully so.

The size is one reason I think it will be an interesting matchup, Burns won't be able to move him backwards, but he can go to 12 to 15 feet though, and even with his girth is much more nimble then Edey. Ya, gotta try to put Edey in the wash with picks. I also think Middleton might get big minutes to try to defend, and Diarra may sit more? I'm intrigued by the matchups.

If I were NC State I would let Edey get 40 and contain everyone else. I think that was largely Tennessee's game plan and despite the loss, they had a chance to win the game. They're certainly not beating Purdue if Edey goes for his 25-30, and Smith and Jones go for 15, plus contributions elsewhere.

I don't think Burns will be able to back down Edey like he has been against the others.

If I were NC State I would let Edey get 40 and contain everyone else. I think that was largely Tennessee's game plan and despite the loss, they had a chance to win the game. They're certainly not beating Purdue if Edey goes for his 25-30, and Smith and Jones go for 15, plus contributions elsewhere.
Edey is the difference maker, I am not sure this Purdue team even makes this NCAAT with out him but with him he makes them a favorite to play in the title game. He just does so much, even outside of his scoring, he effects any shot taken in the paint, he covers so many guard mistakes.

I don't see anyone on that NC State roster that can handle Edey and if you let him score 40 he will and in doing so foul out your front court. For NC State, DJ Burns is the head of the snake, you take him out and you take NC State out and Edey is the perfect guy to take Burns out. Burns is not going to back Edey down and use his old man game, Burns is a great passer, he looks for the double to come to him and finds the open guy. I think Edey can play Burns straight up, push him further away from the basket than he likes. When Burns goes to the bench, Edey will crush Middelbrook and Diarria.

I don't think Burns will be able to back down Edey like he has been against the others.
Pick and roll putting him in the wash though. He has a very good 12-15 foot touch. On the other hand how they play Edey in the block will be interesting. Northwestern gave Purdue fits this year every time they played.

Last edited:
Reactions: strummingram
Edey is the difference maker, I am not sure this Purdue team even makes this NCAAT with out him but with him he makes them a favorite to play in the title game. He just does so much, even outside of his scoring, he effects any shot taken in the paint, he covers so many guard mistakes.

I don't see anyone on that NC State roster that can handle Edey and if you let him score 40 he will and in doing so foul out your front court. For NC State, DJ Burns is the head of the snake, you take him out and you take NC State out and Edey is the perfect guy to take Burns out. Burns is not going to back Edey down and use his old man game, Burns is a great passer, he looks for the double to come to him and finds the open guy. I think Edey can play Burns straight up, push him further away from the basket than he likes. When Burns goes to the bench, Edey will crush Middelbrook and Diarria.
Burns is much more agile then Edey though. Like Northwestern, and Illinois without Shannon, teams can make Edey a liability or at least a need help guy if they have a big who can pick and mid range.

Smith is DAMN good, DAMN good, and key to control on dee for State in my opinion, he outplayed Ziegler, and that was the key in my opinion to their win. State will have to decide as much have had to do with them, get murdered on the block 1 on 1 or let some very good without creating off the dribble for theirself guys get comfortable doubling.

Horne will have to create, Purdue defends hard without fouling much. Looking forward to the game.

Purdue winning this one easily, going away, even with Smith having probably his worse game. Just locked State up.

Decided to tune out of the Alabama vs UCONN game. UNC comes out on top against Alabama in about 7-8 out of 10 matchups imo, and I'm optimistic about their chances against UCONN as well. It's a familiar story, I know. Opportunities missed.

I’d love to see Purdue pull it off Monday night. Also looking forward to Caitlyn Clark Sunday against South Carolina.

Reactions: gary-7
Decided to tune out of the Alabama vs UCONN game. UNC comes out on top against Alabama in about 7-8 out of 10 matchups imo, and I'm optimistic about their chances against UCONN as well. It's a familiar story, I know. Opportunities missed.

I’d love to see Purdue pull it off Monday night. Also looking forward to Caitlyn Clark Sunday against South Carolina.
Gawd it was painful having to pull for a Hurley tonight, but now that the bama trash is gone, I would like to see Purdue win it all. Dunno if they can pull it off, but ya never know...

Im torn. I hate Edey. I dont want UConn to have as many titles as UNC but it would also be hilarious to see them have more than Dook

Im torn. I hate Edey. I dont want UConn to have as many titles as UNC but it would also be hilarious to see them have more than Dook

I'm trying to figure out what some of you guys have against Edey. He doesn't talk junk, he just plays the game and goes about his business the right way. He can't help that he's 7'4" & better than just about every other center he goes against. I don't get what's not to like.

He's a ginormous A-hole already, and then add in that he's a hurley... pretty much a sack of $#!+
i wanted a shot at them again, ugh…but to say they’ve made it look easy is an awful quote…if he’s so underwhelmed, hop up to the nba where dudes need to be focused more and not take rest days.

I'm trying to figure out what some of you guys have against Edey. He doesn't talk junk, he just plays the game and goes about his business the right way. He can't help that he's 7'4" & better than just about every other center he goes against. I don't get what's not to like.
I think people don’t like him for the same reason they don’t like coaches that win and have good programs. They aren’t at UNC. I laugh every time some people talk about others players or programs but really have no good reason. Oh well.

Reactions: tarwhiz
I think people don’t like him for the same reason they don’t like coaches that win and have good programs. They aren’t at UNC. I laugh every time some people talk about others players or programs but really have no good reason. Oh well.
Hes an average talent that hit the genetic lottery. There isnt anything special about him. He also gets a VERY favorable whistle

Other fanbases used to complain about the whistle Hansbrough used to get but he went to war every night and never took a possession off and earned every last trip to the line he got

Reactions: Heelicious and RP12
Hes an average talent that hit the genetic lottery. There isnt anything special about him. He also gets a VERY favorable whistle

Other fanbases used to complain about the whistle Hansbrough used to get but he went to war every night and never took a possession off and earned every last trip to the line he got
I don’t care either way but he gets the crap slapped out of him often with no call. All because of his size. Hard to ref his game I’d imagine.
And btw the genetic lottery is what 90% of all those guys have benefited from. That’s the only difference they have against all others. Not smarter not faster in most cases. Just bigger.

wonder if kentucky calls hurley and just asks what he wants.
Crazy that Arkansas is “going back to Cali”. I did not see that coming - but I guess cal is in thick with some ark alum billionaire Tyson who I assume is the chicken empire Tyson.

I am sort of neutral on Cal - but I do think he’s a smart basketball guy at college and pro level. He’s still going to get paid a ton of $ and won’t have to deal with ALL the bs from the delusional spoiled irrational nothing-else-in-their-lives bbn fan base. For that I say good for Cal and it will be funny to see if bbn thinks they can automatically get someone better than cal to step in there.

Cal had good connections to NBA and was good at recruiting kids to UK who were on a path to the league. There’s nothing purely about the UK program alone that recruits those kids in the future to UK - sans Cal. Especially now that ALL players can get paid at any school, not just UK, KU and Dook recruits getting paid before NIL.

bbn could be in for rude awakening

Reactions: gteeitup
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT