ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament Bracket Contest

Do you want to participate in a bracket contest?

• Yes

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
will you be participating in the sending coach kay off party in greenville?
Sure. I've been basically having one for a few months, already, or, at least the past two weeks. I was perfectly giddy and joyous after the Cameron loss.

There was a big Guitar Show Expo in Asheville this weekend. I got a booth and had 3 friends help me out. It had been at least 4 years since I'd seen a lot of the usual guitar dealer guys from NC (and many from elsewhere). There's one that is from China Grove, NC. I've known him for 30 years now, and throughout the weekend (dealers set-up on Friday) I wore a UNC sweatshirt. Usually, I wear guitar-themed "attire." Anyway, I saw him Friday, shook his hand, pleasantries, and picked up a guitar I liked and he said, "Eddie, I'm 'on have to charge you $5 if you're gonna play that and wear that shirt." I was surprised! I said "Chip, after 30 years, we're finally revealing out TRUE BLUES?" We laughed and he went into a long history about his dad graduating from Duke and his 90-year-old mother back home glued to the TV for the game. He said "Just promise me you're not going to mention last Saturday!" I said "Well... I COULD, but, no, I won't mention it!" We immediately started talking about how it would be going forward with "no Roy" and "No Coach K." He said "It'll keep going, just as hard. I thought I'd feel different after Roy left. But, once the season started, it was the same." I thought to myself: "Well, Roy Williams isn't a total asshole like coach K." I didn't visit him on Sunday, after the ACCT loss.

Oddly enough, that same sorta exchange happened with two other vendors that I've known for a LONG time! And the show had a good share of attendees sporting UNC hats! It was a good time, even though we lost on Friday. There were some guys that I've known for many years and they weren't there, and should have been, and I hope they didn't catch the rona and die (or some other illness).

Reactions: gteeitup
TH50's quote about it was great. I'm paraphrasing here, but he said it was like someone going to their own funeral to listen to people say nice things about them.
It was one of the all-time DUMBEST things that I've ever seen in organized sports. K will NEVER get over that... EVER! I don't care if he comes back for an encore season! It's a"one-up" that the dookies can never overcome.

Reactions: Archer2
You can create as many brackets as you want, but you have to pay for each bracket. So if you fill out 5 brackets and lose, you owe $100 instead of $20.

Me picking anyone other than Carolina to win it all:

tumblr_pow4dndSvD1xlv8m3o4_400.gifv

• Haha
Reactions: tarheel0910
I wanted to take the dookies in one... but, I just can't bring myself to actually pick them as an overall winner
I have them going out in the second round. I think the pressure will be too much and to be honest, I don't think they are a great team. Playing in the ACC kind of hid who they were. It wouldn't surprise me if they went to the FF, though. It's all about matchups.

I’ve won pretty significant amounts of cash in bracket contests basically every year we’ve won a natty in the last two decades.

I miss the days of being able to click Carolina straight through to the championship without a second thought.

I'm terrible at brackets so this year I filled it out in about two minutes, no research and almost guessing. Good thing I didn't join the pool as my pick to win it all went home yesterday. I do have UNC beating Baylor. I just figured we'd get hot for a couple games then lose one we shouldn't. UNC has never won it all in a year I picked them to win it all, so that's one good sign for this year. Good luck to all!

Feeling pretty good about picking the heels in the FF right about now.

Also feeling like a twat for not picking them to win it all.

Reactions: gteeitup
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT