ADVERTISEMENT

Next Head Football Coach

Kool1234567

Junior
Gold Member
Mar 26, 2023
Who are some names you would like to see take over the program…Mack would basically have to win out imo to keep his job…Truth be told I don’t think this team wins another game…

Just looking around here are some on my list…

Jeff Monken-Army

Jon Sumrall-Tulane

Jamey Chadwell-Liberty

Scott Satterfield-Cincinnati​

These are just off the top of my head…

Reactions: ohio tarheels
Who are some names you would like to see take over the program…Mack would basically have to win out imo to keep his job…Truth be told I don’t think this team wins another game…

Jeff Monken-Army

Jon Sumrall-Tulane

Jamey Chadwell-Liberty

I would say the only one even remotely possible out of those 4 would be Monken IMO

Unfortunately I don’t have any other names off the top of my head right now with the new age of college athletics upon us

Jeff Monken-Army

Jon Sumrall-Tulane

Jamey Chadwell-Liberty

Bob Chesney - HC JMU

Will Stein - OC Oregon. Louisville native with long family ties to the UofL and its football. As Brohm is also a beloved native son who almost certainly will not leave Louisville, Stein can get back close to home as HC at some ACC school.

Texas ST HC G. J. Kinne is another very tough TX native who I think can be a first rate HC. But he might be best served by rising through the ranks in and near TX.

I am going to put Ok ST HC Mike Gundy down because I like that he said that CFB can be saved if someone like Mack Brown or Nick Sagan were made CFB Commissioner. Unless that were the only way to get rid of Mack, I would want Saban for that job. But Gundy suggesting anything that could save us from more Mack aging makes Gundy nearly heroic to me. Plus he has won against the odds at Ok St.

Two questions that should be asked of candidates in first phone interview: 1) How would you try to do for UNC in your 1st year what Curt Ciugnetti is doing in his first year at IU? 2) How would you get UNC right in the thick of the ACC race by your 3rd season?

I would say the only one even remotely possible out of those 4 would be Monken IMO

Unfortunately I don’t have any other names off the top of my head right now with the new age of college athletics upon us
Why? You don't think a guy like Sumrall would think he can win at UNC? Or do you think he will stay at Tulane until Stoops leaves UK? Why wouldn't Chadwell see UNC as a great job for him?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT