ADVERTISEMENT

NFL 2020-21

Schefter said multiple teams are going to contact Brady.
I think if it's not the Patriots the only other likely team is the Bucs. It'll be interesting to see if Tom thinks the Bucs have a chance at anything. His style doesn't really jive with Arians' so not sure it would be a great fit, but he'll take it if his main goal is to try to stick it to bill at this point

Today was a really welcomed day after nearly a week with no sports. Just being able to get my group chat going about the FAs was fun.

Looks like Brady is between the Bucs and the Chargers. Reportedly got $30M+ offers from both.

He's gotta be a little disappointed that the only two teams willing to throw that money at him aren't title contenders, but at least he'll make top dollar now.

Classic Bill. Keep a player below market value for 20 years, and as soon as that player demands more than he deserves, cut bait. Ruthless, but that's why he's a winner I guess. Glad to see it.

Bucs all day, everyday. Mahomes has the AFC on lockdown. If the Bucs can get a legit RB (maybe Melvin Gordon), they'll be stacked with offensive weapons. And that Bucs defense has ability and talent. They played really well at times especially towards the end of the year. I agree that Arains style isn't very TB like but I think Tom can make it work.

Reactions: Heelicious
Apparently Cam not happy that he was told he could shop himself. I mean, panthers are in rebuild mode so what did he expect . Maybe the Skins and Rivera bring him on for a few years.

Apparently Cam not happy that he was told he could shop himself. I mean, panthers are in rebuild mode so what did he expect . Maybe the Skins and Rivera bring him on for a few years.
If they are in rebuild mode, then signing Bridgewater was extremely stupid.

If they are in rebuild mode, then signing Bridgewater was extremely stupid.
Why do you think that? They are getting him for about the same thing they owed Newton this year.

To be fair, they aren't in a total rebuilding mode. They have some good pieces, but the D needs an upgrade for sure. I assume they think Teddy is a better bridge (pun intended) to their next franchise QB, since he is 3 years younger than Newton.

Why do you think that? They are getting him for about the same thing they owed Newton this year.

To be fair, they aren't in a total rebuilding mode. They have some good pieces, but the D needs an upgrade for sure. I assume they think Teddy is a better bridge (pun intended) to their next franchise QB, since he is 3 years younger than Newton.
Rebuild mode means starting from scratch. The best way to do that would be to tank this year and get Lawrence next year.

The whole idea of “tanking” is something I just cannot fathom and I wonder how that goes over in locker rooms. No player that’s worth anything would willingly go along with the idea of losing on purpose. So how do coaches and GMs explain their strategy to players?

The whole idea of “tanking” is something I just cannot fathom and I wonder how that goes over in locker rooms. No player that’s worth anything would willingly go along with the idea of losing on purpose. So how do coaches and GMs explain their strategy to players?

not play regular starters, trade starters for picks, fire coaches, “change philosophies in play-calling” is always my favorite.

Last edited:
not play regular starters, trade starters for picks, fire coaches, “change philosophies in play-calling” is always favorite.
Yeah the dolphins tried some of that but the coaches and players didn't get the message. I mean, why would players deliberately want to play badly so that the team drafts better players and replaces them?

Reactions: Terror Beard
ESPN is now too. So what the Pat's gonna do? Dalton?

i’d go cam, brissett, or dalton.

however, my wish would be trade for dak, give us the 1st rounders, we sign dalton and either draft tua this year or trevor next year.

lol, i feel like i should run dallas.

Tanking isn't asking the players to willing lose on purpose. It's going out and signing Lubetek to a one year deal to make sure you don't have the talent to compete or trading decent players for shitty players and draft picks.

@gteeitup Cowboys have lost a net of three starters on defense I think in Collins, Byron Jones, and Heath. With no real significant adds on defense. That's where they were thin already. I get that they are waiting around for free agency phase 2, once the insane money deals pass....but I hope they don't wait too long, and just end up with a bunch of project guys, who have to play above their heads to even be starters in the NFL. I hope they know what they are doing.

Even if they get Clowney, he can only play one position, and can't make up for weaknesses and holes at several other defensive spots.

Reactions: gteeitup
you guys see what michael irvin is saying about what bill o’brien said to nuke hopkins?

“too many baby mamas” and “too much like aaron hernandez”

Reactions: Heelicious
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT