ADVERTISEMENT

NFL playoffs thread

I'm not sure I've seen a team do so many things to lose a game as the Packers. The interception slide, the onside kick mishap, 2nd and 30 conversions, not realizing that they may fake a damn FG since they are down by 16 points, the two point conversion staring at the ball instead of knocking the darn thing down, etc... It was epic. I don't like the Seahawks but absolutely despise the Pats. I think they roll though, which is pretty nauseating.

That was the third packer loss this season u could directly blame special teams for. Fake fg, 2 pt conversion, onside kick. But they also played not to lose and didnt get a single first down in the fourth qtr when just ONE woulda win the game.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

What percentage of the population is all bent out of shape because Brady and Belichick are back in another Super Bowl? I'm going with 77%.

Go Pats!

Seattle opened up a 3 pt. favorite, but, the betting lines have since settled to a pick game . .

I really don't get it. What's not to like about Tom Brady? The dude is a master of his craft, is ultra competitive, has never run afoul of the law, takes pay cuts to get his teammates more money, does and says all the right things, promotes TEAM over individual, is fairly humble, has a supermodel wife and is a winner.

Jerk.

Yeah, I don't get all the hate Brady gets at all. Is it envy? I guess I could see it if you were a Buckeyes fan. I think he's one of the best in every aspect you could imagine.

He was in one of the best SNL skits of any pro athlete:

Sexual Harrassment and You

Originally posted by gunslingerdick:
I really don't get it. What's not to like about Tom Brady? The dude is a master of his craft, is ultra competitive, has never run afoul of the law, takes pay cuts to get his teammates more money, does and says all the right things, promotes TEAM over individual, is fairly humble, has a supermodel wife and is a winner.

Jerk.
Agree, I don't get all the Brady hate either. Guy worked hard to get where is is in addition to all the things you said too. I can get not liking the Pats but to personally hate Brady is strange to me.

The hate for Tom Brady makes zero sense, I agree. GSD (or me?) started a thread on this awhile back. I get hating the Patriots, but hating Tom Brady makes zero sense.......unless you're just someone who gets jealous. I mean, like GSD said, he parlayed his hard work and perseverance into a huge contract, multiple Super Bowls, a supermodel wife, a huge California mansion, etc etc etc. The ultimate American dream.

He's also a good dude who never gets in trouble, ever. And yet....I bet if you did a random survey of NFL fans and the question was "Who do you hate more in the NFL, Tom Brady or [insert a good NFL player who has been arrested multiple times]?"....the survey would come back with Tom Brady is hated more than the felon football player. God, our country is FUBAR these days.

Anyway..................

Tar Heel Nation can sympathize with the Packers. We know all too well what it's like to get Russell Wilson'd. You shut him down for 95% of the game and feel good about winning.......and then all of a sudden, that dude turns into Super Man and cannot be stopped and he beats you.

For those of you who are big Tar Heel football fans on here, anyone else besides me chuckle (or vomit) when Wilson converted that 2-pt conversion yesterday??? That was the same "run-around-and-pull-a-play-out-of-my-butt, but-I-do-it-too-often-for-it-to-be-a-fluke" type ish he pulled on us at Moo for 3 seasons. Hold me
scared0003.r191677.gif

the hate for brady makes as much sense as the folks who have labeled russell wilson "elite"...maybe he might have exceptional character, but he's not an "elite" qb...he's not even in the next tier, imo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT