ADVERTISEMENT

NFL playoffs thread

Yep. I do love the divisional round of the playoffs.
Would've like to have seen the Ravens win but oh well. Maybe the panthers can pull off a miracle? Not likely but ya never know.

Wow. Perhaps it's karma, but that reversed call on Dez was bullshit. Guy makes a hell of a catch in a situation like that and game is decided by the ref. Just ruins the game, IMO.

Originally posted by Blue2010:

Wow. Perhaps it's karma, but that reversed call on Dez was bullshit. Guy makes a hell of a catch in a situation like that and game is decided by the ref. Just ruins the game, IMO.

I thought it was an excellent call . .

People that hate the Cowboys think it was an excellent call for the wrong reasons.

Even if that were in the framework of the "Rulebook" then the rulebook needs to be re-written. The defender never touched the ball, Dez made a hell of a grab and tried to reach the endzone with it. To say he didn't catch that is blatant bullshit, in my humblest of opinions. And I'm far from a Cowboys fan.

In the ice bowl game packer players revealed that they realized late that a cowboy rb would only put in his mouthpiece when he was gonna run, bout midway thru the 3rd in todays game twitter blew up with people claiming romo was sticking his in his facemask whenever dallas ran the ball. Dont know if packers got the info.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

it's a "football move" call...nothing else.

you guys tell me whether or not he did or didn't make one...and when you can, go apply to the nfl for a ref job...they need a lot of help.

I absolutely HATE the Cowboys and I was pulling for Green Bay, but Dallas got royally hosed on the Bryant catch.

look, i'm not complaining about the officials or even the rule...it's a bad rule, but it's a rule.

what i cannot understand is how an official in new york(which is who they confirm with) and one in green bay, can determine dez bryant didn't make a football move.

garrett in post-game asked rhetorically "we practice with dez everyday, it looks like every move he makes on every play...always fights for extra".

bottom line for me, cows had chances to make this game harder for the packers to even be in...a missed fg and a gigantic fumble by murray were game changers...they are on the uptick though and that's a positive for me.

Something has to be wrong with Peyton Manning that we don't know about or this was an internal decision to rest him down the stretch. I had noticed his production dropping off b/c he was on my fantasy team, and just looked it up:

First 10 weeks -- 330 yards/game, 3 TD/game average
Last 6 games -- 230 yards/game, 1.5 TD/game average

Peyton is too good of a player to just do a 180-degree turn like that. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't get hit the wrong way on his neck / back and just been fighting through it. Today very well may have been his last game, but I guess we'll see.

Originally posted by Blue2010:

I guess Karma got the Cowboys today. Yeah, I know that STRICTLY BY THE RULE that was not a catch for Dez Bryant...

but give me a break... any time a receiver goes up for a grab like that and pulls it off, it should be a damned reception!

I had no preference (other than wanting this winner to knock off the Seahawks) in this game, but if that catch had counted you have to think Dallas would've scored... then with about 4 minutes, we see if Aaron Rodgers can bring GB back for the winning drive. Heck, if they scored too quickly, Romo has another shot. That kind of back-and-forth was right there to be had, and it was shaping up to be a True Classic. Still was a good game, don't get me wrong... but it could've been one for the ages.

My two takeaways from yesterday:

1 - Should have been a catch for Dez

2 - Peyton Manning should retire..

Yeah, something is definitely wrong with Manning. Those throws looked awful. He had to lob half of the downfield passes.

Originally posted by lovetheHeels!:
Peyton's arm is dead. It's been pretty bad for awhile but now it looks completely shot.
That was sad to see. Makes you wonder if the neck issue has resurfaced, or something else that they didn't tell anyone about, but Manning had nothing on the ball whatsoever.

Apparently he has had a torn quad for a while. I still think there are some upper body issues going on.

Somewhere, someplace, HeelManWilm is doing a happy-dance right about now . . I'm not surprised to see GB doing well, but, they could very well be up 17-0 right now.

Rodgers is looking very good so far today, healthy enough to lead his team to the Super Bowl . .

This post was edited on 1/18 4:07 PM by BillyL

Dayum . . !

16 - 0 . . .

Never woulda thought that this game would be where it's currently at right now . .

Wow . . right thru the hands of a receiver and the 'Hawks have been given life.

GB fans must be sick right now.

the packers win this game if burnett keeps running after his pick with five minutes left...he slid down like there's was one minute left...he may have even scored based on the twitter comments from the media...at the very least you take it deep into seattle territory.

In 04 the eagles converted a 4th and 26 to knock gb out of playoffs

Couple years before that was the 49ers hail mary to terrell owens on last play of the champ game to win.

Oh well
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by TarHeelMark:
pats - Hawks in SB is probably the best matchup but I really don't want to see either team win it. I think I'll barf now....
i'm with you...brady adds to legacy and russell wilson(overrated) moves closer to $100 million as a franchise qb.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT