ADVERTISEMENT

No, I will not free climb the Dawn Wall

An absolutely amazing climb, and to endure 19 days of sheer vertical rock is mind-boggling to me. A phenomenal accomplishment that many experts thought to be an impossible task.

No way, no how could I ever even think of attempting something like that . .

Congrats to those 2 that have balls bigger than most . .

Those pussies used safety ropes. Free climb it with nothing but a chalk bag and then get back to me.

19 days??!! ........................................... so what happens when you GOT TO GO?

Originally posted by UNC71-00:
Those pussies used safety ropes. Free climb it with nothing but a chalk bag and then get back to me.
laugh.r191677.gif

I'd try it...with safety ropes. But I just couldn't do it. Rock climbing is so damn hard. My dad was an Outward Bound instructor when I was a kid and I did some bouldering when I was young. It was hard then. Now, being not in ideal shape, I could never get myself up a sheer rock face like that. I wish I could. That would be incredible.

Originally posted by mikeirbyusa:
19 days??!! ........................................... so what happens when you GOT TO GO?
They actually pooped in bags and had people repel down to give them more food and pick up the bags.

A real man would have just crapped off the side of a cliff and then wiped his butt with some granite shards. These guys were weak.

Originally posted by UNC71-00:

Originally posted by mikeirbyusa:
They actually pooped in bags and had people repel down to give them more food and pick up the bags.

A real man would have just crapped off the side of a cliff and then wiped his butt with some granite shards. These guys were weak.
laugh.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT