ADVERTISEMENT

Offer Board - Updated 5/27/2022

Steat

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Apr 20, 2006
Here is the update of offers by UNC.

Some obvious patterns and trends are emerging.

The most glaring changes are that Hubert is not throwing out a lot of offers and will not hesitate to go to the Portal. Despite the negative buzz surrounding the recruitment of GG Jackson, Hubert didn't make any other offers and eventually landed GG. My opinion only, but as of right now I think he feels pretty good about Buzelis, Cam Scott and Jarin Stevenson.

There were 48 offers for 2020, 2021 and 2022 (offers by Hubert in 2022 included) and only 8 offers for 2023 and 2024.

Some good history here going back to 2020.

2024 Offers/Commitments (2 offers)
Jarin Stevenson OFFERED 10/4/2021
Cam Scott OFFERED 2/22/2022

2023 Offers/ Commitments (6 offers, 2 Commitments)
G. G. Jackson OFFERED 6/15/21 Official Visit 10/15/21 Committed 4/27.22

Simeon Wilcher OFFERED 9/2/21 Official Visit 10/8/21, Committed 10/15/21
J.J. Taylor OFFERED 8/4/21
Matas Buzelis
OFFERED 8/5/21

Mackenzie Mgbako Committed to Duke
Robert Dillingham committed and decommitted from NC State

2022 Offers/Commitments (18 offers, 4 Commitments)
Jalen Washington OFFERED 5/2/21 Official Visit 6/2/21 Committed 7/9/21
Will Shaver Offered 5/16/21 Official Visit 6/1/21 Committed 6/2/21

Seth Trimble OFFERED 5/19/21 Official Visit 6/16/21 Committed 6/23/21
Tyler Nickel OFFERED 6/21/21 Official Visit 9/10/21 Committed 9/15/21

2021 Offers/Commitments (12 offers,
2 Commitments)
Dontrez Styles OFFERED 3/23/20 - Committed to UNC 4/18/20
D'Marco Dunn OFFERED 5/17/20- Committed to UNC 9/30/20
2021 Portal (4 offers,
3 commitments - Garcia, Manek, McKoy)

2020 Offers/Commitments (18 offers, 6 commitments)
https://northcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/offer-board-updated-4-27-20.71754/

12 Ships (2022)

PG - Point Guard
CG - Combo Guard
W - Wing
HG - Hybrid Forward
P - Post

SRJRSOFR2324
PGDavisTrimble
CGLoveDunnWilcher
WBlack
(5th yr)
JohnsonNickel
HFMcKoyStylesJackson
CBacotShaver
Washington

Last edited:
I like this approach. Back to selectively identifying targets of need but now with the assurance that the portal can fill in any holes! Offer a few who have proven to have the skill, motor, character, and coachability to fit the Family and keep the ball rolling!

Here is the update of offers by UNC.

Some obvious patterns and trends are emerging.

The most glaring changes are that Hubert is not throwing out a lot of offers and will not hesitate to go to the Portal. Despite the negative buzz surrounding the recruitment of GG Jackson, Hubert didn't make any other offers and eventually landed GG. My opinion only, but as of right now I think he feels pretty good about Buzelis, Cam Scott and Jarin Stevenson.

There were 48 offers for 2020, 2021 and 2022 (offers by Hubert in 2022 included) and only 8 offers for 2023 and 2024.

Some good history here going back to 2020.

2024 Offers/Commitments (2 offers)
Jarin Stevenson OFFERED 10/4/2021
Cam Scott OFFERED 2/22/2022

2023 Offers/ Commitments (6 offers, 2 Commitments)
G. G. Jackson OFFERED 6/15/21 Official Visit 10/15/21 Committed 4/27.22

Simeon Wilcher OFFERED 9/2/21 Official Visit 10/8/21, Committed 10/15/21
J.J. Taylor OFFERED 8/4/21
Matas Buzelis
OFFERED 8/5/21

Mackenzie Mgbako Committed to Duke
Robert Dillingham committed and decommitted from NC State

2022 Offers/Commitments (18 offers, 4 Commitments)
Jalen Washington OFFERED 5/2/21 Official Visit 6/2/21 Committed 7/9/21
Will Shaver Offered 5/16/21 Official Visit 6/1/21 Committed 6/2/21

Seth Trimble OFFERED 5/19/21 Official Visit 6/16/21 Committed 6/23/21
Tyler Nickel OFFERED 6/21/21 Official Visit 9/10/21 Committed 9/15/21

2021 Offers/Commitments (12 offers,
2 Commitments)
Dontrez Styles OFFERED 3/23/20 - Committed to UNC 4/18/20
D'Marco Dunn OFFERED 5/17/20- Committed to UNC 9/30/20
2021 Portal (4 offers,
3 commitments - Garcia, Manek, McKoy)

2020 Offers/Commitments (18 offers, 6 commitments)
https://northcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/offer-board-updated-4-27-20.71754/

12 Ships (2022)

PG - Point Guard
CG - Combo Guard
W - Wing
HG - Hybrid Forward
P - Post

SRJRSOFR2324
PGDavisTrimble
CGLoveDunnWilcher
WBlack
(5th yr)
JohnsonNickel
HFMcKoyStylesJackson
CBacotShaver
Washington
Yeah Well, NOW We NEED To Still Add 2 Players to the 23' Class, and That's an Uphill Situation Since Coach Davis & Staff Basically STOPPED Recruiting After G.G.'s Commit? Hopefully Zayden High or Powers From Mass. Will Join Us, BUT There Are Still Several Quality Players Uncommitted: We've/UNC Has To Move BOLDLY! The 24' Class, I'm All In On IAN Jackson and Elliott Cadeau (A Monster Backcourt), and Hope We Get C/PF James Brown, I'm Feeling 6'9" Jason Asemota, John Bol Trentyn Watford 5 ⭐ (UNC is NOT in His Orbit?) or Jarin Stevenson, That's A Top 1-3 Recruiting Class: GO HEELS!

Yeah Well, NOW We NEED To Still Add 2 Players to the 23' Class, and That's an Uphill Situation Since Coach Davis & Staff Basically STOPPED Recruiting After G.G.'s Commit? Hopefully Zayden High or Powers From Mass. Will Join Us, BUT There Are Still Several Quality Players Uncommitted: We've/UNC Has To Move BOLDLY! The 24' Class, I'm All In On IAN Jackson and Elliott Cadeau (A Monster Backcourt), and Hope We Get C/PF James Brown, I'm Feeling 6'9" Jason Asemota, John Bol Trentyn Watford 5 ⭐ (UNC is NOT in His Orbit?) or Jarin Stevenson, That's A Top 1-3 Recruiting Class: GO HEELS!
Welcome to the board Rob!

Welcome...

Reactions: Archer2
Rob coming in hot!~

Thanks for the infusion of enthusiasm! I hate to be the only one who is excited! If any coach can fill out a team at the last moment, it is Hubs!

Reactions: Rob Stephens
With ya on a lot of this but not all. First, I would LOVE for us to be able to have both Moto and Jackson but we just are not going to get both, I prefer Moto because I love his size for position and I question if Jackson will play standard college ball (G I think will come in play) but I do absolutely LOVE Jackson's talent and ability. Love Power's game, I think he is a great fit, I do question if he may be duplication to an extent with Nickel (both 6'8-9" guys with good frames that shoot outside really well, I do think Power is the better jump shooter)? I am a bit more sold on Power than High but High strikes me as a Jawad type and that is not a bad fall back guy.

Cadeau is my 1A preferred PG but 1B is Boogie and I will be ecstatic with either, I can't call a 1A and 1B as being all in on either, me personally. A concern I do have with Cadeau is he needs to shoot free throws better, he is a PG and typically they get to the line a lot , need those points (Boogie is really good from the line). While neither is a easy get for us I would say that I believe Boogie may be an easier get for us than Cadeau. I have been a touch on the fence with James Brown but I would have to take him, he is good size and more a throw back (like I see Bacot), he is not trying to shoot from 35ft. Brown IMO does need development, he isn't instant grits, not sure I see a lot of PT for him as a freshman but I think he is a guy that will come on as he has time with our S/C staff and learns early in.

I have gone from sold on Stevenson to slightly to the other side of the fence, I felt he would have progressed a bit more by now, I think I may be just as if not slightly more prone to passing on him and going to the portal for a guy at his position EARY. If we can come out of the class with Cadeau, Moto, and Brown I would be really happy and fill in the rest with the portal.

With ya on a lot of this but not all. First, I would LOVE for us to be able to have both Moto and Jackson but we just are not going to get both, I prefer Moto because I love his size for position and I question if Jackson will play standard college ball (G I think will come in play) but I do absolutely LOVE Jackson's talent and ability. Love Power's game, I think he is a great fit, I do question if he may be duplication to an extent with Nickel (both 6'8-9" guys with good frames that shoot outside really well, I do think Power is the better jump shooter)? I am a bit more sold on Power than High but High strikes me as a Jawad type and that is not a bad fall back guy.

Cadeau is my 1A preferred PG but 1B is Boogie and I will be ecstatic with either, I can't call a 1A and 1B as being all in on either, me personally. A concern I do have with Cadeau is he needs to shoot free throws better, he is a PG and typically they get to the line a lot , need those points (Boogie is really good from the line). While neither is a easy get for us I would say that I believe Boogie may be an easier get for us than Cadeau. I have been a touch on the fence with James Brown but I would have to take him, he is good size and more a throw back (like I see Bacot), he is not trying to shoot from 35ft. Brown IMO does need development, he isn't instant grits, not sure I see a lot of PT for him as a freshman but I think he is a guy that will come on as he has time with our S/C staff and learns early in.

I have gone from sold on Stevenson to slightly to the other side of the fence, I felt he would have progressed a bit more by now, I think I may be just as if not slightly more prone to passing on him and going to the portal for a guy at his position EARY. If we can come out of the class with Cadeau, Moto, and Brown I would be really happy and fill in the rest with the portal.
Who Is Moto You're Referring To? What Position & His Height? GO HEELS!

I think Stevenson would have benefited more by not going to that new HS and maybe going to a school that plays better competition and does more skill work.

Welcome to our community Rob.

I want to caution everyone who may be in angst over who gets offers - or who gets attention when we recruit players. The staff has to vet each and every potential recruit for cultural fit and being a legitimate recruit. Keep in mind that some are not "fits" with the team culture wise, and some are just not recruitable due to circumstances within their recruitment. Just to let you know..., some that have been mentioned fall into one or both categories.

Just saying....

Welcome to our community Rob.

I want to caution everyone who may be in angst over who gets offers - or who gets attention when we recruit players. The staff has to vet each and every potential recruit for cultural fit and being a legitimate recruit. Keep in mind that some are not "fits" with the team culture wise, and some are just not recruitable due to circumstances within their recruitment. Just to let you know..., some that have been mentioned fall into one or both categories.

Just saying....
Appreciate the voice of reason. I'm way past the point of worrying what 18 year olds will decide. We usually get our share.

Appreciate the voice of reason. I'm way past the point of worrying what 18 year olds will decide. We usually get our share.
Hubert & His Staff, like Roy did, have a clear set of guidelines & rules that they follow religiously and these were established and passed along by DES. I doubt anyone can put up any serious challenge(s) to Hubert's applying what has been so successful since its inception by Coach Smith.

PS: I too do not lose sleep over 18-year old's decisions, as UNC's history of success is unmatched by any program in the nation.

I hate it when peeps trumpet our supposed "misses" on the recruiting trail when most of the time when we miss it eventually becomes clear why we let them walk AND I would rather focus on the peeps that we get! With our sustained success for so many decades I don't understand why peeps aren't always optimistic about recruiting and upcoming seasons!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT