ADVERTISEMENT

? On Schedule

Kool1234567

Sophomore
Gold Member
Mar 26, 2023
I know many don’t like playing FCS teams but hear me out….I think moving forward we should run the schedule like this 1 fcs 2 P5 and 1 G5….You do a home and home with both the G5 and P5…..G5 should either be Georgia or Florida…No more ECU or App St….meaning the state…No reason to play G5 teams in the state of NC…

The FCS game should always be North Carolina programs…HBCU….

Also that game should be the game before we play west Raleigh….

Watching the Canes right now and it’s a wasted game to me where you risk somebody important getting hurt…Josh got hurt last year against FAMU…

The biggest thing I think it builds bad habits early in the season….Watching Miami do things that are going to bite them later on…

If you play later in the season you get a chance to heal up some starters and see some freshmen get work after a year of practice…Remember the Redshirt rule has changed I think they can play 4 games and not lose it…

Just thinking about things tonight….

Anybody got any thoughts on this….

I know many don’t like playing FCS teams but hear me out….I think moving forward we should run the schedule like this 1 fcs 2 P5 and 1 G5….You do a home and home with both the G5 and P5…..G5 should either be Georgia or Florida…No more ECU or App St….meaning the state…No reason to play G5 teams in the state of NC…

The FCS game should always be North Carolina programs…HBCU….

Also that game should be the game before we play west Raleigh….

Watching the Canes right now and it’s a wasted game to me where you risk somebody important getting hurt…Josh got hurt last year against FAMU…

The biggest thing I think it builds bad habits early in the season….Watching Miami do things that are going to bite them later on…

If you play later in the season you get a chance to heal up some starters and see some freshmen get work after a year of practice…Remember the Redshirt rule has changed I think they can play 4 games and not lose it…

Just thinking about things tonight….

Anybody got any thoughts on this….
I think 1 fcs 2 P5 and 1 G5 is pretty much the average set up already for most schools. We should never play an NC school though. It's a no win situation.

I think 1 fcs 2 P5 and 1 G5 is pretty much the average set up already for most schools. We should never play an NC school though. It's a no win situation.
I am talking about playing the HBCU in the State as the FCS game….Not ECU or App State…

Still a no win situation. Plenty of HBCU schools outside of NC.
I disagree why send money out of the State…Instead support the HBCU in NC….With NIL now and moving forward the 1st coach that develops a minor league will succeed….The Transfer Portal has changed the game…Head Coach has to be a GM now….Look at Dabo they are ready to send him up the road….Man has won 2 National Championship and I don’t even know how many ACC Titles….he want use the Portal….

I disagree why send money out of the State…Instead support the HBCU in NC….With NIL now and moving forward the 1st coach that develops a minor league will succeed….The Transfer Portal has changed the game…Head Coach has to be a GM now….Look at Dabo they are ready to send him up the road….Man has won 2 National Championship and I don’t even know how many ACC Titles….he want use the Portal….
Because there's no upside to playing a school in NC, but there is plenty of downside. App is a great example. We beat them, but dropped three spots in the poll because we didn't beat them by enough.

I have a neighbor who loves playing App and/or ECU in football.

They went to carolina, are diehard UNC, a diehard north carolinian, they enjoy keeping up with football programs across the state, but they don't care at all about national rankings, or national "respect". They just love the our color, all things chapel hill, and really like things about the state in general while hating Coach K and most (but not all) NCSU coaches.

When it comes to football they basically don't watch any sports that aren't involving a team from this state... don't care at all how ACC is viewed, for example.

It is an interesting perspective. In part, I think our national prominence has been so "blah", that they've just kinda blacked out their own care for "national prominence". And in part maybe they actually aren't a "college football fan". So it makes sense that they'd enjoy competition from a neighbor like ECU and not care about perception of loss other than the loss to a neighbor not being a warm & fuzzy feeling.

Anyway, they get much more excited about App being on the schedule than some other Southern Conference team or any other non P5.

I have a neighbor who loves playing App and/or ECU in football.

They went to carolina, are diehard UNC, a diehard north carolinian, they enjoy keeping up with football programs across the state, but they don't care at all about national rankings, or national "respect". They just love the our color, all things chapel hill, and really like things about the state in general while hating Coach K and most (but not all) NCSU coaches.

When it comes to football they basically don't watch any sports that aren't involving a team from this state... don't care at all how ACC is viewed, for example.

It is an interesting perspective. In part, I think our national prominence has been so "blah", that they've just kinda blacked out their own care for "national prominence". And in part maybe they actually aren't a "college football fan". So it makes sense that they'd enjoy competition from a neighbor like ECU and not care about perception of loss other than the loss to a neighbor not being a warm & fuzzy feeling.

Anyway, they get much more excited about App being on the schedule than some other Southern Conference team or any other non P5.
I understand that train of thought, but you can't do that if you want to improve the program. You have to minimize risk and doing that means no NC teams. Losing to UGA by seven would be better for the program than winning a double overtime game to App St.

I understand that train of thought, but you can't do that if you want to improve the program. You have to minimize risk and doing that means no NC teams. Losing to UGA by seven would be better for the program than winning a double overtime game to App St.
I agree don’t play App State or ECU but I am talking FCS programs like Central and A&T…Give them the paycheck not some school from out of state..If Central and A&T are a risk we need to shut the football program down…

I think it was Dick Crum who had the philosophy of scheduling one you should beat easily, one evenly matched, and one you have to play your best to beat.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT