ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Carolina football discussion thread

The BOB rumor would make a lot of sense but I think the shine has worn off Deion. I don’t see him getting any calls from major programs. Norvell isn’t going anywhere anyways. Massive buyout + being one year removed from an undefeated regular season just makes zero sense.
I don't disagree, was just passing along what they were spitballin. And, @tarheel0910 is correct about the QB. Look at Klem's son. QB played lights out and results showed. I've said for ages that they just needed play like it was Deshaun or Trevor and they'd be fine. Dabo didn't forget how to coach, but when you are losing games you shouldn't, stuff like the portal gets exploded.

Maybe Florida will try to bring back Urban to reload the roster and get things back on track. He was able to get some real killers
Ace Ventura Laughing GIF

Reactions: uncboy10
OL has potential to be a deep group by end-o-yr. Just watching some replays, i was kinda drunk at the end of the game in Kenan, so wasn't paying attention.
Masterson (a true frosh) and Jakiah Leftwich are getting some run as backups and on goal-line formations. Obviously McGowan and Greenberg are having to play entire games while Banfield and the center are out. "Ain't played nobody yet", but we might be able to rotate 9 guys at some point, which is a lifetime high.

And with Masterson and Banfield being true frosh, that obviously bodes well for the future since the only starter to graduate will be Lampkin.

Reactions: pooponduke
Anybody else think we’re gonna get beat this weekend?

JMU +10.5 might be worth laying some money down on.

Anybody else think we’re gonna get beat this weekend?

JMU +10.5 might be worth laying some money down on.
How's their QB? Our run D was good against Minn, Charlotte and a bad FCS team, but pass D was average. If we don't get Banfield and Blaske back then there is potential for some bad gaps OL-wise...

If their QB is decent I could easily see a busy day for our FG kicker and a close score.

How's their QB? Our run D was good against Minn, Charlotte and a bad FCS team, but pass D was average. If we don't get Banfield and Blaske back then there is potential for some bad gaps OL-wise...

If their QB is decent I could easily see a busy day for our FG kicker and a close score.
Is Burnette going to play this weekend?

Is Burnette going to play this weekend?
Good question, i forgot about him. JMU is coming off a bye too. A noon'r... all this stuff looks ominous to me.

ETA, if they don't have a decent QB with dynamic WR i'd feel better about us covering just cuz of giant OL + hampton and a DL that can wear sunbelt teams down late in the gm.

Since when does a QB need to be decent to torch our secondary?

• Haha
Reactions: blazers
If Mack insists on putting Conner out there then I can see him getting picked a couple of times and digging us into a hole. He’s been lucky to not get picked off several more times this year and at some point the QB play is going to get us beat.

Normally I’m all for getting the QB a few easy completions early to get them settled in. But I think they’ve gotta really try to blow up JMU’s defensive front and hope to get the run game going ASAP. Hampton and Gause can both run through their D in the second half if we wear them down. Every passing play feels like a risk right now.

Reactions: strummingram
If Mack insists on putting Conner out there then I can see him getting picked a couple of times and digging us into a hole. He’s been lucky to not get picked off several more times this year and at some point the QB play is going to get us beat.

Normally I’m all for getting the QB a few easy completions early to get them settled in. But I think they’ve gotta really try to blow up JMU’s defensive front and hope to get the run game going ASAP. Hampton and Gause can both run through their D in the second half if we wear them down. Every passing play feels like a risk right now.
all I can add is, better enjoy this one.

Reactions: blazers

Mack has said he's going to use both, but hasn't announced a starter yet.

Mack has said he's going to use both, but hasn't announced a starter yet.

Yeah I saw that I’m just nervous about Conner blowing it if he’s in there early while the game is close. Then again it’s not like we have a ton of reason to be super confident about Criswell. But he looked a lot more composed.

At some point they’ve gotta pick someone to roll with. Splitting reps between two inexperienced players just means that they both stay inexperienced twice as long.

Yeah I saw that I’m just nervous about Conner blowing it if he’s in there early while the game is close. Then again it’s not like we have a ton of reason to be super confident about Criswell. But he looked a lot more composed.

At some point they’ve gotta pick someone to roll with. Splitting reps between two inexperienced players just means that they both stay inexperienced twice as long.
I don't think Harrell is going to play much as long as Criswell is playing decent. I could be wrong, though.

We should let Woad pick between Conner and Criswell.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT