ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Carolina football discussion thread

Just got home let’s check on the game…
Awkward Fuck My Life GIF

Had to go to a birthday party this afternoon, with about a dozen Clemson disciples... as soon as I walk in "What the hell happened to carolina?"

It's not easy sometimes.

Reactions: gteeitup
Had to go to a birthday party this afternoon, with about a dozen Clemson disciples... as soon as I walk in "What the hell happened to carolina?"

It's not easy sometimes.
My niece, who is a Clemson grad/sorority girl basically did the same when we had contact yesterday evening. My response was that GA exposed them and even if they make it into the CFP, they'll be embarrassed again once there. At least Carolina wasn't pretending to be a national power at this point, so what did she really have to look forward to? And then I reminded her that basketball starts soon. She suddenly changed topics.

My niece, who is a Clemson grad/sorority girl basically did the same when we had contact yesterday evening. My response was that GA exposed them and even if they make it into the CFP, they'll be embarrassed again once there. At least Carolina wasn't pretending to be a national power at this point, so what did she really have to look forward to? And then I reminded her that basketball starts soon. She suddenly changed topics.
I'd love to get embarrassed in the CFP because that means an ACC championship and/or a top 12 ranking.

I'd love to get embarrassed in the CFP because that means an ACC championship and/or a top 12 ranking.
except with us it would be opening the door to 'see, I told you they were just a basketball school' and 'see, I told you the ACC sucked butt', and 'see, I told you that the automatic playoff invite to conference champs is BS.'

But why do you mention this, are you thinking we might have a chance?

giphy.webp

I was going to start a thread on the BH board, but I'll start here, instead. I'll begin by asking @tarheel0910 ...

Is the University of North Carolina... ummm... how do I say this... is it lacking in donor money Can it generate the same amount as Miami, or FSU, or even Clemson? Does it have the sources for the revenue to basically BUY a winning football program? If it doesn't, then that's all I need to know. I appreciate anyone--- anyone who really knows--- offering insight.

I heard someone say that the higher-ups at UNC saw (or see) college football as an "evil." And, so, they have never wanted to really have a perennial powerhouse program- like Ohio State, Michigan, Texas, Alabama. If that is true... who are these people and how did they ever reach that conclusion?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT