ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Chain Restaurants Tourney: Matt Harvey Region, Sweet 16

Raising Heel

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2008
A van down by the river
Alright, folks. Let's move this thing to the speed round. I'm going to poast all four regions' Sweet 16 matchups at the same time since there are only a total of eight picks to make. The deadline for voting will be 11:59 pm on Wednesday, with the next round's deadline set for 11:59 pm on Friday. That way we'll be down to the Final Four by the weekend. And away we go....

The Matt Harvey Region, Presented by Durex

#1 Chick-fil-A vs. #5 Buffalo Wild Wings

#3 Olive Garden vs. #15 Dickey's Barbecue Pit

but if Dickey's was any good it'd still be open.

giphy.gif.cf.gif

Reactions: Raising Heel
Will this be the round that we finally eliminate the threat of physical assault? I sure hope so.

I'm sure Dickey's is good but I've never eaten there, soooo....

Last edited:
Olive Garden is freaking delicious. I could eat Chicken Scampi for every single meal for rest of my life and not get sick of it. Plus, I'd like to submerge my naked body in their marinara sauce.

-It amazes me that there are people on here that actually picked BWW in this matchup. There is no universe where CFA is not the clear winner. At least @gunslingerdick was man enough to admit that he has no integrity and is voting BWW just so a restaurant that nobody has been to can advance in the next round. The rest of you are just FOS and are the best example of why OOTB tournaments are a joke.

-Because @Raising Heel picked them and I'm not one of the three people who have eaten at Dickey's

Yeah, their salad is legit.

Also, I like BWWs. Their cooked potato chips are awesome and the wings (especially the dry rubbed ones) are really good. Their other stuff is pretty average though and everything at Chick-fil-A is good.

BWW's sucks period. Do any of you guys have wing places that put them to shame? I know we do here and I'm sure you do. BWW's is like the McDonald's of wings imo.

Realized today that I'm on the road all day tomorrow. I'm going to indulge in a little premature tabulation so we can get the next round's matchups poasted.

The Matt Harvey Region, Presented by Durex

#1 Chick-fil-A (10) vs. #5 Buffalo Wild Wings (8)
This fried chicken battle royale was a lot closer than the experts predicted. In the end, the inventors of the chicken sandwich showed why they deserved the region's #1 seed.

#3 Olive Garden (14) vs. #15 Dickey's Barbecue Pit (4)
Tournament sweetheart Dickey's knew their run would end sometime. There's no shame in losing to a blue blood like Olive Garden.

I still think BWW has good wings. However, in terms of random places I had some wings in Tybee last week at a place called 'Bubba Gumbo's' that were awesome.

Weber makes a Garlic Sriricha seasoning that I've used on wings before. Fantastic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT