ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

No, that’s exactly who he is.
Modern Family Cry GIF

You may not believe in religion. That’s your prerogative. But to mock those that do is classless and petty. You are sick. Please seek help.
Are you saying that Christians are not the best killers? Or are you saying it's impolite of me to point it out?

Most of us are at least somewhat superstitious. And a good argument can be made that superstition is an illness. So I guess you could say I'm sick. I do, after all, often wear my UNC baseball cap when watching our games. But at least I don't participate in and adhere to organized superstition on a massive scale.

Something about glass houses and throwing stones comes to mind. You can probably explain why it doesn't apply to you.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
Are you saying that Christians are not the best killers? Or are you saying it's impolite of me to point it out?

Most of us are at least somewhat superstitious. And a good argument can be made that superstition is an illness. So I guess you could say I'm sick. I do, after all, often wear my UNC baseball cap when watching our games. But at least I don't participate in and adhere to organized superstition on a massive scale.

Something about glass houses and throwing stones comes to mind. You can probably explain why it doesn't apply to you.
When you can separate the "good parts" from the "bad parts" in Scripture... why do you need the book anymore? You definitely don't need the social club anymore. Seems to me, when you attach your identity to a religion/church, then you might, unknowingly, hand over the keys to who you are (a lot of your morals and values) and you have to defend the really bad stuff that the religion/church stands for and maintains. And, I have seen people twist an turn Scripture into "meaning" anything and everything, and then just the opposite when necessary. The "bad" things that people attribute to the Abrahamic HE-brew God are REALLY bad, and then they either dismiss it or defend it.

Then, you see these judges- like in Alabama- mixing their fear of the HE-god into their rulings? Theocracy is not a fun thing.

heritage foundation doesn't know the conservative POV?
Heritage Foundation knows 'A' conservative view, not 'THE' conservative view. Tell me you know the difference so I don't have to accuse you of supporting the murder of healthy babies at birth just because some liberals support that.

Or do you?

Heritage Foundation knows 'A' conservative view, not 'THE' conservative view. Tell me you know the difference so I don't have to accuse you of supporting the murder of healthy babies at birth just because some liberals support that.

Or do you?
They're closer to 'THE' than something remote.
Also lmfao at 'supporting the murder of healthy babies at birth just because some liberals support that'.

The Biden impeachment is going swimmingly. GOP Maga is no longer capable of anything accurate or constructive.
I don't know which is funnier, Jim Jordan and the MAGAs desperately attempting to salvage the impeachment of Joe Biden or Kyle Filipowski injuring his knee while obviously trying to trip one of the Wake Forest court stormers.

Or do you?
I'd like to hear your view of that difference. I'm serious.

I'm reminded of this episode where Will lays out his view of what a Republican is - along with his objections to what new Republicans require him to believe. Now he's saying "Republican" not "conservative" but seems pretty clear to me these days that there isn't much difference. What's more it seems even more true today that the far right has deviated markedly in the directions of racist and theocratic values.

Maybe you can correct my impression.

This was actually pretty funny and spot on for both. Had to be the Shane Gillis' influence and input that made it what it was.

The more interesting aspect is the direct correlation of how things get "covered" by networks like NBC on which SNL airs. They spent 2:36 to make fun of and lay out the gag/problems regarding Trump. Then, it took all of 10 seconds for Joe. Humor mirroring reality. Still, thanks for the laughs, if the skit wasn't so true about both, it would be even funnier.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
They're closer to 'THE' than something remote.
Also lmfao at 'supporting the murder of healthy babies at birth just because some liberals support that'.
why do you find that funny?

That woman's take doesn't even represent the Heritage Foundation. Just admit you presented this extreme outlier as representing the conservative side of the spectrum, and then hopefully figure out that those who promote abortion right up to the point of birth regardless of the baby's health are even more extreme than this woman is...and hopefully you'll profess to not supporting that. That doesn't represent the liberal POV any more than this woman represents the conservative one.

I'd like to hear your view of that difference. I'm serious.

I'm reminded of this episode where Will lays out his view of what a Republican is - along with his objections to what new Republicans require him to believe. Now he's saying "Republican" not "conservative" but seems pretty clear to me these days that there isn't much difference. What's more it seems even more true today that the far right has deviated markedly in the directions of racist and theocratic values.

Maybe you can correct my impression.

you can't be serious, presenting a production, a piece specifically meant to highlight and and dramatize the inclusion of the FRINGE aspects of a political party. I thought you might want to deal honestly with reality for a change...hahaha, no I didn't, I knew better.

I know better than to think I can correct an impression so obviously derived from shallow thought.

But the reality is that you are mindlessly and cluelessly proving my point, that those aspects don't represent the party. They are included, but are no more representative of core beliefs than point-of-birth abortion is at the core of democrat belief, even though the democrats passed a bill allowing this. Thank God it didn't get past the Senate.

Republican/conservative core beliefs are centered on smaller, less intrusive government with greater fiscal responsibility, and responsible and moral social behavior (not theocracy) with greater adherence to laws. Nazis and Klansmen might be fiscally responsible, but that doesn't mean that their other beliefs have anything to do with being republican.

" What's more it seems even more true today that the far right has deviated markedly in the directions of racist and theocratic values. "

It almost sickens me to read this, that I know you're actually stupid and biased enough to believe that racism is a 'value' represented by the conservative side of things. Are there racists in the republican party? Of course there are. Do they represent conservative values? No and fvck you, you sleazy, slandering POS.

And theocratic values are likewise present, but again in numbers small enough to be inconsequential. What is thankfully present, aren't theocratic values but values represented in a moral sense of right and wrong, values sorely needed on the liberal side of things.

And yet they rarely enact or enforce those supposed values.
they do moreso than liberals do, and that isn't arguable no matter how much you make unverifiable statements. It's all relative, and relative to dems, what I said is completely accurate.

And nice moving of the goalposts. Too bad it didn't work.

nobody is for that but a bill was passed in the dem house that specifically allowed it. Gotcha.
Nobody is murdering healthy babies at birth, and the fact that you view it this way, or you believed Saint Tucker describe it this way is what is making me LMFAO

Reactions: Heels Noir
Republican/conservative core beliefs are centered on smaller, less intrusive government* with greater fiscal responsibility, and responsible and moral social behavior (not theocracy) with greater adherence to laws.

* unless the government relates to social behavior# and natty defense and protectionist trade policies that help big biz.
# including state Religion

fify

umm, that is their twitter post, their own words are beneath her quote. Stop trying to beat your couch with your cane and go re-read the post a few times.
why do I need to see the words after the tweet, when it clearly is identified as a CH tweet in the tweet? Posting the tweet does not mean that she represents the core view of the CH, let alone conservatives in general. Give it up, you're done you just won't admit it..

Nobody is murdering healthy babies at birth, and the fact that you view it this way, or you believed Saint Tucker describe it this way is what is making me LMFAO
damn right nobody is murdering healthy babies at birth, thanks mostly to republicans in the Senate at the time they tried to get that bill passed.

no, you didn't fix anything. You only confirm that republicans are for a healthy economy and not a bloated government.

And what ever the hashtag is referring to seems to be as vacant as your argument is.

no, you didn't fix anything. You only confirm that republicans are for a healthy* economy and not a bloated government**
*healthy referring to big biz and natty defense
**huge caveats related to social imposition regarding conservative-defined norms, those areas are actually pro-bloat.

fify again

• Haha
Reactions: Heels Noir
Conservative-defined norms = generally agreed upon principles that successful civilizations have subscribed to for centuries.

Maybe refine that to mostly Protestant. Aside from Maryland, where there were few Catholics. Mostly Protestant, white, male, landowners. If we could just get back to that.
Maybe we reel it back even further when the commie protestants were oppressed, ostracized and prosecuted by the conservative Roman Catholics?

Maybe we reel it back even further when the commie protestants were oppressed, ostracized and prosecuted by the conservative Roman Catholics?
Hmmm. Perhaps you could help me out and explain when and where this took place?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT