ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

I don't come to this side of the site but for very rare occasions. I watch EVERY SOTU speech no matter who the president may be. Last night's was especially hard to endure, sorry but I am not real in to a guy hyped up on some speed ball concoction lie to me for a hour. Just some of the things I noted from last night:

1) Biden notes Jill Biden and the camera pans to Jill as she begins to stand she gives the whole world a beaver shot? Go back and watch it! But know, if you do you will have to live with that sight, I had to look away!

2) I lost count of how many times Biden coughed but it had to near double digits. Now I thought all liberals had one hard un-breakable rule for coughing, that you cough in to your elbow, not your hand? Ole Joe then proceeds after the speech to shake every person in that room that he could with that very same hand? I have not seen a single person mention that, why?

3) That border bill Biden is so proud of? Now forget the things in that bill that Biden does not love to talk about, let's just look for this at what he does love to talk about. He wants to add more border security, OK, I can sorta live with that. Next he wants to add a lot more judges to hear the asylum appeals that are now like 5yrs out? Why are they so far out, because every single day more and more come across our boarder, you do nothing to whack down that back log if you are brining in more people than you are making a decision on every day. But what happens when you shut the border down, when you put back in place a remain in Mexico policy that was put in place by executive order, that was shut down by executive order, why are we (biden) saying we need congress, we don't.

So if we shut down the border by executive order we can focus on the legit asylum clams, we would be reducing the back long as opposed to the daily addition to it. What happens with those new judges and admin folks and guards once we have all that caught back up? Why do we need to in the first place when we have our military that can have the judges in place that are already on our pay roll, security already on our pay roll, admin folks, you guessed it, already on our pay roll? Even more, why are these folks and most are un-vetted, allowed to stay in this country once they performed an illegal act, they should be turned away NOW and have to wait for their asylum claims before a judge date while remaining OUTSIDE our country? Combine our military with ICE and round up every single person that is not here legally and send them outside of our borders, come in either the legal way or not at all. We have allowed, this so called president and encouraged an invasion in to this country and we have no idea what they are up to. It took less than 20 to pull off 9/11, we have just allowed thousands, millions of military aged men and we don't know what they are up to? THAT IS INSANE!

3) It is not Biden's age that concerns me, I could care less how old he is, I care about what his mental state is. You can be 50 and have mental issues and you can be 90 and in a solid mental state. You put Biden side by side Trump and let them both talk and you see very quickly one is in control of his faculties in Trump, no matter if you like what he says or not and one is simply not in control mentally in ole Joe from Scranton.

4) So let me see if I understand this, Biden wants to raise the min corp tax to 21% and at the same time bring back jobs that companies took outside this country to countries that have a better corp tax structure? That makes zero sense.

5) In that campaign speech biden gave last night, did he not just use a government platform to give a campaign speech yet do so paid by the tax payers? I thought that was illegal? Is that not a illegal campaign contribution? LOL It was a 100% democratic 1 sided speech, no olive branch for the other side at all.

6) Oh, ok, got cha, how many Snickers bars you get in a bag, how many Doritos now come in a bag is way more important than the stuff families in this country feel every day. Like the prices at that grocery store, the prices at the gas pumps, the price of buying a new home or refinancing the one you have? Those are not as important as how damn many Snickers bars come in a bag? You kidding me?

7) Biden crows about how many jobs he has added since becoming president and the media lets him get away with that every time, even the GOP lets him get away with saying that? Has everyone forgot that covid basically shut our country down for an extended period. Business had to close their doors, we lost millions of jobs during that time. But everyone knew that once that covid passed this country would open back up and we have but how many of those old jobs never came back? Of course when business opened back up jobs that had been stalled during covid were going to come back. Biden wants to take sole responsibility for every single job that came back, that was going to come back no matter what a president would do? But what about the thousands if not millions of jobs that DID NOT COME BACK? Biden has cost us jobs not provided them.

8) But it is good to see that maybe fences do actually work, that big one they put up at the capital seemed to work just fine last night, hey, maybe we could try that at our border? LOL

So much more but few will even read this much so I am going to end this one.
Can I get this in audiobook format?

• Haha
Reactions: pooponduke
Why don't you contact the congressman who sponsored the bill and ask him?

Representative Mario Diaz-Balart​

Websitehttps://mariodiazbalart.house.gov/
Contact374 Cannon House Office Building
(202) 225-4211
Contact
PartyRepublican
HouseFlorida, District 26 118th (2023-Present)

You’re such a moron. Why do you think @Hark_The_Sound_2010 cares which party the bill’s author is from.

Make the bill stand alone. But if I’m a congressman or senator, I want to go over with a fine tooth comb what the $20 billion goi g to the border improvement is actually for. It should be for nothing other than prevention and deportation. Otherwise, I’m not signing.

I can see the book title and blurb now:

From Camp Counselor to the United States Senate: The True Story of @gunslingerdick
From humble beginnings in a rural backwater town, a total failure in life somehow rose to become a U.S. Senator. Then he woke up.

That’s right. Make a feeble attempt at a joke to avoid the content of the poast.

Don’t. Ever. Change.

Reactions: Archer2
I don't come to this side of the site but for very rare occasions. I watch EVERY SOTU speech no matter who the president may be. Last night's was especially hard to endure, sorry but I am not real in to a guy hyped up on some speed ball concoction lie to me for a hour. Just some of the things I noted from last night:

1) Biden notes Jill Biden and the camera pans to Jill as she begins to stand she gives the whole world a beaver shot? Go back and watch it! But know, if you do you will have to live with that sight, I had to look away!

2) I lost count of how many times Biden coughed but it had to near double digits. Now I thought all liberals had one hard un-breakable rule for coughing, that you cough in to your elbow, not your hand? Ole Joe then proceeds after the speech to shake every person in that room that he could with that very same hand? I have not seen a single person mention that, why?

3) That border bill Biden is so proud of? Now forget the things in that bill that Biden does not love to talk about, let's just look for this at what he does love to talk about. He wants to add more border security, OK, I can sorta live with that. Next he wants to add a lot more judges to hear the asylum appeals that are now like 5yrs out? Why are they so far out, because every single day more and more come across our boarder, you do nothing to whack down that back log if you are brining in more people than you are making a decision on every day. But what happens when you shut the border down, when you put back in place a remain in Mexico policy that was put in place by executive order, that was shut down by executive order, why are we (biden) saying we need congress, we don't.

So if we shut down the border by executive order we can focus on the legit asylum clams, we would be reducing the back long as opposed to the daily addition to it. What happens with those new judges and admin folks and guards once we have all that caught back up? Why do we need to in the first place when we have our military that can have the judges in place that are already on our pay roll, security already on our pay roll, admin folks, you guessed it, already on our pay roll? Even more, why are these folks and most are un-vetted, allowed to stay in this country once they performed an illegal act, they should be turned away NOW and have to wait for their asylum claims before a judge date while remaining OUTSIDE our country? Combine our military with ICE and round up every single person that is not here legally and send them outside of our borders, come in either the legal way or not at all. We have allowed, this so called president and encouraged an invasion in to this country and we have no idea what they are up to. It took less than 20 to pull off 9/11, we have just allowed thousands, millions of military aged men and we don't know what they are up to? THAT IS INSANE!

3) It is not Biden's age that concerns me, I could care less how old he is, I care about what his mental state is. You can be 50 and have mental issues and you can be 90 and in a solid mental state. You put Biden side by side Trump and let them both talk and you see very quickly one is in control of his faculties in Trump, no matter if you like what he says or not and one is simply not in control mentally in ole Joe from Scranton.

4) So let me see if I understand this, Biden wants to raise the min corp tax to 21% and at the same time bring back jobs that companies took outside this country to countries that have a better corp tax structure? That makes zero sense.

5) In that campaign speech biden gave last night, did he not just use a government platform to give a campaign speech yet do so paid by the tax payers? I thought that was illegal? Is that not a illegal campaign contribution? LOL It was a 100% democratic 1 sided speech, no olive branch for the other side at all.

6) Oh, ok, got cha, how many Snickers bars you get in a bag, how many Doritos now come in a bag is way more important than the stuff families in this country feel every day. Like the prices at that grocery store, the prices at the gas pumps, the price of buying a new home or refinancing the one you have? Those are not as important as how damn many Snickers bars come in a bag? You kidding me?

7) Biden crows about how many jobs he has added since becoming president and the media lets him get away with that every time, even the GOP lets him get away with saying that? Has everyone forgot that covid basically shut our country down for an extended period. Business had to close their doors, we lost millions of jobs during that time. But everyone knew that once that covid passed this country would open back up and we have but how many of those old jobs never came back? Of course when business opened back up jobs that had been stalled during covid were going to come back. Biden wants to take sole responsibility for every single job that came back, that was going to come back no matter what a president would do? But what about the thousands if not millions of jobs that DID NOT COME BACK? Biden has cost us jobs not provided them.

8) But it is good to see that maybe fences do actually work, that big one they put up at the capital seemed to work just fine last night, hey, maybe we could try that at our border? LOL

So much more but few will even read this much so I am going to end this one.
So how long did you pause on Biden’s beaver again?

First of all, the bill isn't earmarked at $180 billion. It's $118 billion. And it breaks down like this:

$60 billion in military aid for Ukraine
$14.1 billion in aid for Israel
$4.83 billion in aid for the Indo-Pacific region
$10 billion in humanitarian assistance for Ukraine, Israel, Gaza, among other places
$2.3 billion in refugee assistance inside the U.S.
$20.2 billion for improvements to U.S. border security
$2.72 billion for domestic uranium enrichment

I don't see any "dem lard" in there. Maybe you can point it out.

Second of all, Nolan Rappaport?
🤣
And you're calling me a numbnuts?!?!
nice catch on the typo. You could have just added the separate numbers I gave but I guess that would not only tax your math skills but deprive you of your tiny little victory.

I know how it breaks down, that's how I came up with those separate numbers. Duh.

When you label a bill 'border', and promote it as such, and then find it loaded it to the gills with anything else, that anything else is lard on that bill. Duh.

Seems like you should be getting better at this.

the camera pans to Jill as she begins to stand she gives the whole world a beaver shot? Go back and watch it! But know, if you do you will have to live with that sight, I had to look away!
I don't have to go back and watch it, I'm disgusted anyway. If it had been Melania, you wouldn't have to tell me to go back and watch it.

Ole Joe then proceeds after the speech to shake every person in that room that he could with that very same hand? I have not seen a single person mention that, why?
maybe that's pretty far down on the list, and it's a LOOONG list.

Biden wants to raise the min corp tax to 21% and at the same time bring back jobs that companies took outside this country to countries that have a better corp tax structure? That makes zero sense.
true, but at least it's consistent with most of their policy.

Has everyone forgot that covid basically shut our country down for an extended period. Business had to close their doors, we lost millions of jobs during that time.
yes, roughly half the country has forgotten that and reminding them won't do any good.

But it is good to see that maybe fences do actually work, that big one they put up at the capital seemed to work just fine last night, hey, maybe we could try that at our border? LOL
not to mention the almost one million dollar taxpayer-paid fence around Biden's second home, installed for...wait for it...security purposes. You know, to keep intruders on the other side. I assume it's somehow doing the job they thought it would.

The joke is you supposing what you would do if you were a congressman or senator. As if!
jim-carrey-laughing.gif

When you label a bill 'border', and promote it as such, and then find it loaded it to the gills with anything else, that anything else is lard on that bill. Duh.
Tell that to your republican members of congress who created the bill, Boy Blunder.

Tell that to your republican members of congress who created the bill, Boy Blunder.
of course they created it, dimwit, they are the ones who were actually interested in border security. They aren't the ones who leveraged all the fat onto it. Try to keep up.

of course they created it, dimwit, they are the ones who were actually interested in border security. They aren't the ones who leveraged all the fat onto it. Try to keep up.
Yeah, they're so interested in border security that nothing of this magnitude has been proposed since Obama was in the White House. So I'll ask you again, where's the fat?

More to the point, exactly whom leveraged what "fat" into the bill?

Yeah, they're so interested in border security that nothing of this magnitude has been proposed since Obama was in the White House. So I'll ask you again, where's the fat?

More to the point, exactly whom leveraged what "fat" into the bill?
evidently it's in your head.

you never actually answered the first point, but i understand now why you couldn’t.

the second was just to see if you had an opinion on anything valid…now i understand why you can’t.

You can’t expect me to pay attention to your poasts with them being so stupid and all. But remind me what the first point was and I’ll try to speak to it.

As for the women’s basketball team, lol, I have no comment on them. I must not have the same availability to watch sports as you do. When I get time to watch sports, I’m not wasting it on women’s basketball.

First of all, the bill isn't earmarked at $180 billion. It's $118 billion. And it breaks down like this:

$60 billion in military aid for Ukraine
$14.1 billion in aid for Israel
$4.83 billion in aid for the Indo-Pacific region
$10 billion in humanitarian assistance for Ukraine, Israel, Gaza, among other places
$2.3 billion in refugee assistance inside the U.S.
$20.2 billion for improvements to U.S. border security
$2.72 billion for domestic uranium enrichment

I don't see any "dem lard" in there. Maybe you can point it out.
The Emergency National Security Supplemental Appropriations Act. That’s political speak for “we’re just going to throw a bunch of non related shit together and if you want to vote for any one of them, you must vote for them all.“ It’s way past time that we quit allowing Congress to get away with these bullshit omnibus bills that are all or nothing. They should consider each one of those items individually and vote on each individually. Let each item stand or fall on its own merit, or lack thereof.

• Love
Reactions: bluetoe
So you're suggesting the Republicans who helped draw up the bill are reneging on their hard work because they now realize their effort sucks? That's quite an endorsement.
You yourself provided a breakdown of this bill. It is no more a "Border" bill (at least OUR southern border) than it is an ice cream for Joe bill.

If it was pushed forward as a "Foreign War" bill that had a little to do with our actual border, that would at least be somewhat honest of the politicians and media. And, none of that even gets into the actual mechanisms and problems with the components related to the border that do nothing but give the president even more power to ultimately import votes.

As to your question, I'm not suggesting anything about Republicans, Democrats or anyone else. I am explicitly stating that anyone who supports this as a Border bill or claims that it will fix our border issues is a bald faced liar or incredibly uniformed on what the language of the bill actual does.

evidently it's in your head.
Translation: I can't answer the question because I don't know the answer. I'm just pulling things out of my ass, hoping I look like I know what the hell I'm talking about even though I don't.

You yourself provided a breakdown of this bill. It is no more a "Border" bill (at least OUR southern border) than it is an ice cream for Joe bill.

If it was pushed forward as a "Foreign War" bill that had a little to do with our actual border, that would at least be somewhat honest of the politicians and media. And, none of that even gets into the actual mechanisms and problems with the components related to the border that do nothing but give the president even more power to ultimately import votes.

As to your question, I'm not suggesting anything about Republicans, Democrats or anyone else. I am explicitly stating that anyone who supports this as a Border bill or claims that it will fix our border issues is a bald faced liar or incredibly uniformed on what the language of the bill actual does.
Face it, this isn't about protecting the border as much as supporting Donald Trump. The border crisis is no longer the problem of Joe Biden and the Democrats. This is now an issue that falls at the feet of the MAGA Republicans.

Bring on November 5th!

Maga really doesn't know what they're asking for other than owning the libs and border-rhetoric

Translation: I can't answer the question because I don't know the answer. I'm just pulling things out of my ass, hoping I look like I know what the hell I'm talking about even though I don't.
Translation: I finally asked the same question enough times and ignored the same answers enough times that he stopped replying, so that now I can say he has no answer, is pulling things out of his ass, blah blah blah... That's just the way I operate because I am the one who has no answer and I'm basically just an unscrupulous and disingenuous POS.

Revealing the real villains at the border:

"A guy with a golden toilet and a spray-tan isn't worried about looking good?" HaHA!

Now, to be fair... is that really looking good? Ya ever see Trump's father in his twilight years? Imagine this guy is your genetic predecessor.

DojrTiLXgAAg-QJ.jpg

"Brut... by Faberge'!"

I love that guy with the wheelchair (I think) that's festooned with signs and Rebel flags!

Face it, this isn't about protecting the border in a token dem manner as much as supporting Donald Trump so that the border can actually be secured. The border crisis that Biden and the dems exacerbated by a factor of ten is no longer the problem of Joe Biden and the Democrats. This is now an issue that falls at the feet of the MAGA Republicans, the only ones that actually care about secure borders..

Bring on November 5th!
had to clarify your post a little, hope you don't mind.

are you okay with the maga hat?
Who the hell would want to be president over the present shitshow. A bunch of juveniles with their signs and refusal to compromise at all. Then... you have Queen Peachtree Dish:

marjorie-taylor-greene.jpg

It's really fvcking sad what American governmental figures are capable of... but, the more things change, the more they stay the same...

sddefault.jpg

Reactions: gteeitup
Who the hell would want to be president over the present shitshow. A bunch of juveniles with their signs and refusal to compromise at all. Then... you have Queen Peachtree Dish:

marjorie-taylor-greene.jpg

It's really fvcking sad what American governmental figures are capable of... but, the more things change, the more they stay the same...

sddefault.jpg
I'm not sure of your intent here, but I have posted a few times that returning to the days of open confrontation over strongly held views is a better thing, not a worse one. Couching ones words in politically correct mumbo jumbo pacifies the sheep who only care about living in a false sense of security; but what is needed is for things to be stirred up to the point that they boil over until the core problems are exposed.

I'm not advocating a lack of decorum in the legislature, thank God we don't have the free-for-all of the British parliament. But there are far worse things than living with the threat of some heads getting knocked together. Worse as in what we have now, politicians who believe that their job is lulling the sheep into a comfortable state of complacency, and a nation full of willing sheep.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT