ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

Noooo... Slober is the opposite of drunck. Or, maybe the opposite of faster.
Episode 2 Drama GIF by PBS

These guys are a trip!

I wonder if people were always this stupid, and so easily duped... but, they just kept it to themselves. Donald Trump's presence in American politics evolved into somehow making them proud to show-off their ignorance with impunity. It's pretty amazing. Technology has really made people dumb as fvck.
I would like to see people so profoundly stupid and gullible as at least one of these is be neutered and neutralized so as to have no influence on our society and civilization in general. But showing them one-sidedly is being almost as clueless as they are. And speaking of sides, I thought you didn't believe in sides. Yet here you are ignoring the 'spectrum' of ignorance. And it is everywhere on that spectrum...or on both sides, however you might prefer to see it.

Now please tell me where Koppel is broadcasting. Don't make me come over there.

I would like to see people so profoundly stupid and gullible as at least one of these is be neutered and neutralized so as to have no influence on our society and civilization in general. But showing them one-sidedly is being almost as clueless as they are. And speaking of sides, I thought you didn't believe in sides. Yet here you are ignoring the 'spectrum' of ignorance. And it is everywhere on that spectrum...or on both sides, however you might prefer to see it.

Now please tell me where Koppel is broadcasting. Don't make me come over there.
Read that back to yourself... and try again.

You miss him? He's still actively broadcasting.

The content of that piece was profound. If Koppel's delivery helps drive that home, that's fine. Being nostalgic over Koppel isn't the point.

Americans seem bent on just giving it away because they're bored and ignorant, I guess. Death by confirmation bias.
Here lies the problem. The MAGA's call direct quotes from Trump disinformation or the media source is bias.

Last edited:
Read that back to yourself... and try again.
OK, I read it again and I'll try again. Let me know which part you're having trouble with.

"I would like to see people so profoundly stupid and gullible as at least one of these is be neutered and neutralized so as to have no influence on our society and civilization in general. But showing them one-sidedly is being almost as clueless as they are. And speaking of sides, I thought you didn't believe in sides. Yet here you are ignoring the 'spectrum' of ignorance. And it is everywhere on that spectrum...or on both sides, however you might prefer to see it.

Now please tell me where Koppel is broadcasting. Don't make me come over there."

OK, I read it again and I'll try again. Let me know which part you're having trouble with.

"I would like to see people so profoundly stupid and gullible as at least one of these is be neutered and neutralized so as to have no influence on our society and civilization in general. But showing them one-sidedly is being almost as clueless as they are. And speaking of sides, I thought you didn't believe in sides. Yet here you are ignoring the 'spectrum' of ignorance. And it is everywhere on that spectrum...or on both sides, however you might prefer to see it.

Now please tell me where Koppel is broadcasting. Don't make me come over there."
Which part? The whole thing. It's nonsense. Maybe you tried too hard to begin with.

Those people being interviewed in the video are in... a... cult. It intrigues me because it makes me wonder if these people were always like that, or was it gradual, and needed a catalyst like the cult leader, and all of the machinations that followed. It's like the Koppel news clip was trying to point out-- when a civilization lacks an objective reality, the veneer of civilization is so thin, it can crumble. Americans have it pretty good.

Scuse me... they HAD it pretty good.

Which part? The whole thing. It's nonsense. Maybe you tried too hard to begin with.

Those people being interviewed in the video are in... a... cult. It intrigues me because it makes me wonder if these people were always like that, or was it gradual, and needed a catalyst like the cult leader, and all of the machinations that followed. It's like the Koppel news clip was trying to point out-- when a civilization lacks an objective reality, the veneer of civilization is so thin, it can crumble. Americans have it pretty good.

Scuse me... they HAD it pretty good.

I didn’t watch the video. But I’ve gathered the content is probably some Trump supporters saying dumb shit. My following question comes from the above assumption.

Ready?

Why do you care so much how dumb someone else wants to be? Why does it interest you so much that you watch video after video of it and feel the need to constantly provide commentary on what you feel is dumb? Couldn’t one argue that your constant attention to it is in and of itself just as dumb?

Yes, they could. You illustrate that frequently here.

What those people on the video do is their business. And apparently, your obsession too.
It's not obsession... It does intrigue me.
Why fret? What will be will be. Plus, you have less skin in the game anyway. Why are you so worried?
Who said I was "worried?" Oh, that's right... my biggest fan! YOU!

I'm going to be fine. It does seem kind of unfortunate to see people piss away a pretty good thing. Like watching my cousin dying of cancer and smoking a pack of cigarettes every day. I'm not worried. It's just strange to me. But, by all means, smoke'em if you got'em! Contribute to your gradual and painful death even more. Hit yourself in the head with the hammer because it feels so good when you stop, I guess.

It's not obsession... It does intrigue me.

Who said I was "worried?" Oh, that's right... my biggest fan! YOU!

I'm going to be fine. It does seem kind of unfortunate to see people piss away a pretty good thing. Like watching my cousin dying of cancer and smoking a pack of cigarettes every day. I'm not worried. It's just strange to me. But, by all means, smoke'em if you got'em!

I’m failing to make the connection between your cousin’s cancer and a video of Trump supporters. Care to elaborate?

I’m failing to make the connection between your cousin’s cancer and a video of Trump supporters. Care to elaborate?
You failing to make the connection is about where I expect things to always turn out. I've got work to do. You'll be here when I get back.

Damn, you're scared, don't worry you won't lose your double wide and your EBT will still be there but you are going to lose Trump.. lol.

I’ll bet you the title to my trailer against your cemetery plot you’ve hopefully already purchased that Trump wins. Deal?

Whatever. :rolleyes:

Your nose has been attached to his butt since he started posting here.

I’m brown-nosing? That doesn’t make sense.

If you mean I’ve been kicking his Gen Z ass around his mother’s basement since he got here, that’s only because you don’t put up much of a fight anymore and I needed to move on. Do I detect some jealousy?

I’m brown-nosing? That doesn’t make sense.

If you mean I’ve been kicking his Gen Z ass around his mother’s basement since he got here, that’s only because you don’t put up much of a fight anymore and I needed to move on. Do I detect some jealousy?
I'm just waiting for someone to put the stuffings back in my favorite punching bag before I resume my light workout.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT