ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

Race relations were not what they are today until the Michael Brown situation. Of course there was always racism. There will always be racism. But Obama chose to focus national conversations on it when it wasn't needed. There is no good that can come from that. He knew that too. He didn't want race relations to get better. If he had, he would have never stoked the fires. He wanted them to get worse. He wanted to divide. He basically created (or at least endorsed) the Ferguson riots built on the lie of "Hands Up, Don't Shoot." That was the flashpoint of the devolution of race relations in this country. He fanned the flames with his Trayvon Martin comments. There are studies on this. There are studies showing how often race was mentioned in media before 2013 and after. It's startling.
Thank God there are "studies on this." Black people never had it so good... then that racist bastard became president and it all went to hell.

• Haha
Reactions: blazers
Race relations were not what they are today until the Michael Brown situation. Of course there was always racism. There will always be racism. But Obama chose to focus national conversations on it when it wasn't needed. There is no good that can come from that. He knew that too. He didn't want race relations to get better. If he had, he would have never stoked the fires. He wanted them to get worse. He wanted to divide. He basically created (or at least endorsed) the Ferguson riots built on the lie of "Hands Up, Don't Shoot." That was the flashpoint of the devolution of race relations in this country. He fanned the flames with his Trayvon Martin comments. There are studies on this. There are studies showing how often race was mentioned in media before 2013 and after. It's startling.
studies?…i’d like to read these, please provide.

studies?…i’d like to read these, please provide.

Start here:

But wait, there's more:

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F9b29dd04-f8d7-4041-bb63-60ca54a1abc6_5457x3513.png

Reactions: Archer2
Who else is greatly anticipating tonight’s SOTU? Should be hilarity.
I was gonna ask who was throwing a watch party and what they were serving, but then remembered no one cared. But, there'll probably be a ton of commentary from the media about the trump response.

I was gonna ask who was throwing a watch party and what they were serving, but then remembered no one cared. But, there'll probably be a ton of commentary from the media about the trump response.

Trump is gonna do a live play-by-play of Biden’s speech where he corrects Joe’s lies in real time, which in typical Trump fashion, is genius. Dude knows marketing.

Who else is greatly anticipating tonight’s SOTU? Should be hilarity.

What kind of drugs will his campaign folks have Paw Paw on tonight to make this speech?
I hope he explains how he isn't campaigning, he's on a mission to save America for us.

I won't watch a second of the sickening blatant propaganda, but you'll probably be able to hear @strummingram and @blazers and WWJD slurping in the background, I don't doubt they'd use his discarded Depends to make soup with.

I hope he explains how he isn't campaigning, he's on a mission to save America for us.

I won't watch a second of the sickening blatant propaganda, but you'll probably be able to hear @strummingram and @blazers and WWJD slurping in the background, I don't doubt they'd use his discarded Depends to make soup with.
I have never watched a State of the Union address in my life. I don't intend to start anytime soon.

I certainly never watched one live. I'm sure I've seen bits and pieces of segments. I remember they mocked George HW Bush on SNL one time. The Black crowes were the musical guest.

Reactions: bluetoe
awesome.

I love this, from the article..."President Biden got more done in his first three years than most presidents have accomplished in two terms,” Jean-Pierre said during a Wednesday press call."

She neglected to mention that most of it was beyond bad.

Right. It's not the flex the Dems think it is.

Didn't even know it was tonight. Expecting Trump to "tell the truth" about what Biden says is pretty laughable though. Biden will certainly be putting plenty of spin on his speech as well.

don't forget the initial incident where a white LEO or security type person held some black guy up for identification at his own residence (in other words he was doing his job), and the guy griped about it, the media jumped on it, and then Obama made an international crisis over it, denouncing such an act of overt racism without bothering to check the facts of the matter. When those facts were finally made known to him, he ended up having the two of them over at the WH for a beer together, as if he was actually ameliorating the fiasco he created with his meaningless little dog and pony show..

Start here:

Read both articles. Hard to find fault with either.

those were awesome opinions. One of the columns even said in bold letters "OPINION." One has a paywall. I don't wanna pay to read about a "study" that proves some made-up bullshit.

Do media outlets hammer-out talking points to get people to watch so they make money? All the time. Does that mean racism vanishes without it? Hell no.

You have plenty of things to keep you afraid- Homosexuals, Transgenders, illegal immigrants. Knowing that all the racists in this country have a political home with conservatives is just too much, I guess. Let's pretend to have a "study" that proves racism isn't real because new media profits from it.

• Haha
Reactions: gunslingerdick
And I'm so glad they put this out. Who thought this was a good idea?

Wow. I imagine that took about 500 different takes just to put together, and that was still the best they could make Joe come off? Seemed like it was one of those 50th year anniversary things from some title team, where the team all hops on a Zoom call to talk to their former coach who's on death's doorstep in a nursing home somewhere.

Got my popcorn ready for tonight.

dis-gon-be-good-this-gonna-be-good.gif

I haven't watched SOTU or even many debates in awhile. They're painful... just people throwing out numbers and data that are usually cherry-picked, then mentioning a few folks in the crowd who are overcoming some hardship. Then the other party responds with the opposite cherry-picked numbers.

Edit - i've watched highlights of funny things from SOTU like the time Trump said it was time to end revenge and retribution politics and Pelosi did a ridiculous clap in his direction. Funny cuz she's being "nasty", and cuz the only consistent platform he has is about revenge and retribution.

And I'm so glad they put this out. Who thought this was a good idea?

ya think maybe they should have left Pullman's bit out, with his saying that as president, all he had to deal with were 'alien invaders'? Probably not such a good reminder of Biden's arguably worst failure. Biden would have just cleared a path for Pullman's invaders to waltz on in, and stupidly arrange accommodations and hand them each an iphone, which they would just laugh at and throw in the trash..

This had to be the brain child of Chuckles. Who else might even possibly think this wasn't sheer idiocy?

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
Gawd. Those actors are feeling duped.
They forgot the best one though:

nup_178526_0111-h_2017_0.jpg
Baldwin sucked at mocking Trump. He was awful. You could tell his motivation was from a place of grievance.

Now, the guy at SNL now? James Austin Johnson or whatever? That fvcker nails it. It would be worth a 2nd Trump administration for the way that guy can do Trump. It's the BEST impersonation I've ever seen of a president... ever! It's an art... it's like poetry by John Keats. Okay, that's a little too much. But, that guy's Trump impersonation always makes me laugh.

Here he is just riffing while walking... perfecting it. The stream-of-consciousness stuff is perfect.

those were awesome opinions. One of the columns even said in bold letters "OPINION." One has a paywall. I don't wanna pay to read about a "study" that proves some made-up bullshit.

Do media outlets hammer-out talking points to get people to watch so they make money? All the time. Does that mean racism vanishes without it? Hell no.

You have plenty of things to keep you afraid- Homosexuals, Transgenders, illegal immigrants. Knowing that all the racists in this country have a political home with conservatives is just too much, I guess. Let's pretend to have a "study" that proves racism isn't real because new media profits from it.

Yes, the opinion piece citing the study done at the Manhattan Institute. LMAO.

This reads a lot like someone is pissed I provided the evidence they needed and now they’re just gonna refuse to acknowledge it.

It’s cool. It doesn’t change my opinion of you.

Reactions: nctransplant
Will Joe’s handlers allow him to debate the Donald? Even once? You know they’re terrified that he will fall on his face, figuratively and literally, tonight. Just about anybody would destroy him in a debate.

I can hear their arguments against it now. “Trump didn’t debate Haley or DeSantis. Why should we legitimize his run for Presidency, he’s shouldn’t even be allowed to run? In truth, they’re afraid Joe would come completely unraveled under any pressure at all. Rightly so, he would.

I say Joe has to debate at least once or all the suspicions of Joe’s mental dementia will be confirmed.

Last edited:
I haven't watched SOTU or even many debates in awhile. They're painful... just people throwing out numbers and data that are usually cherry-picked, then mentioning a few folks in the crowd who are overcoming some hardship. Then the other party responds with the opposite cherry-picked numbers.

Edit - i've watched highlights of funny things from SOTU like the time Trump said it was time to end revenge and retribution politics and Pelosi did a ridiculous clap in his direction. Funny cuz she's being "nasty", and cuz the only consistent platform he has is about revenge and retribution.
only a select few could hear him address the nation with a plea for unity and translate that into a demonstration of 'revenge and retribution'. Include Pelosi in those few with the profoundly ironic sarcastic clapping (that she denies wasn't sincere}.

When I saw that, I was blown away by it. A major divider, who very visibly tore up her copy of trump's SOTU address, uses sarcasm on someone calling for an end to division. She had obviously had a shot or three, but not as many as when she inexplicably rose up out of turn while Biden was still speaking and did this...

and you want to see dividers in action? Check this out...

They didn't want to argue in front of the media. because they were getting their ass kicked. We need MORE hot, nasty debate in public, not less.

Baldwin sucked at mocking Trump. He was awful. You could tell his motivation was from a place of grievance.

Now, the guy at SNL now? James Austin Johnson or whatever? That fvcker nails it. It would be worth a 2nd Trump administration for the way that guy can do Trump. It's the BEST impersonation I've ever seen of a president... ever! It's an art... it's like poetry by John Keats. Okay, that's a little too much. But, that guy's Trump impersonation always makes me laugh.

Here he is just riffing while walking... perfecting it. The stream-of-consciousness stuff is perfect.

Great impression. Terrible material.

I say Joe has to debate at least once or all the suspicions of Joe’s mental dementia will be confirmed.
I dunno. A few might be swayed, but it seems to me that if one has been able to deny it so far, they are going to deny it to the end. Because to the dem sheeples it isn't about whether he's capable of leading a country or what happens to it since he can't, it's about 'my side' flocking together.

"I used to live in an underwater." That guy is good.

Is that the same one where she tore up the manuscript of his speech?

Reactions: blazers
i don’t have time to comment all day like you do, but i did finally read those opinions…i’m sure they’re tee’d up in your bookmarks for these moments, so i do appreciate that.

saw nothing on obama fanning flames, stoking fires, or not having the desire for improved race relations.

lol you sound exactly like the anti-george w bush crowd in the early 2000’s…they blamed him for everything that went wrong in their own life…sorry it’s been so tough on you.

The best part of these speeches, debates and such over the past 20 or so years in here is the objective non partisan opinions expressed. You just never know who’s gonna post what.

No Way Wtf GIF by Global TV

The best part of these speeches, debates and such over the past 20 or so years in here is the objective non partisan opinions expressed. You just never know who’s gonna post what.

No Way Wtf GIF by Global TV
speaker johnson is either gay or on one…and idgaf, but the looks he gives are odd.

eta: after research, he’s even more wild than i thought.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT