ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

I spent my early years on a working farm in ala with chickens pigs and goats. Killing various animals was common but my grandma didn’t tolerate cruelty, waste, or unnecessary killing. Me and my cousins went “hunting” with our 22’s one morning and came back with tales of killing a dozen squirrels. My grandma asked where they were. We told her we left them. She made us immediately go back and get them then showed us how and made us skin and clean them So she could cook them in a stew. I was real selective in what I shot from then on. I will say she had no prob shooting foxes that got after the chickens.

Yeah hunters suck. Do you eat meat?
I said "kill for kicks" not for sustenance. Killing them just because you "hate them" is psychotic.

Example:

9a8f5085-1f4d-4f61-a059-fd503680c2e2_text.gif

f556cea1-08dc-4d63-a4e5-549f4610ebba_text.gif

I don't know the circumstances of Obama eating dog. But, it never ceases to amaze me how quickly the teams play the "What about when you do it?" card.

Is it right or wrong? Is it wrong if both of them callously shoot and kill (or eat) innocent living things and no one cares? Or, is it only wrong if one side condemns the other side's example?

It's kind of rhetorical for you. Anyone who shoots and kills cats (or any living thing that can't shoot back) for kicks, is too much of a psychopath in my book.

I like to call it Animal Health Care.

• Haha
Reactions: bluetoe
I vaguely remember the Romney dog transporter thing. But, I never heard of Obama eating dogs. I had to look it up and it was in Indonesia, when he was a child. His adoptive father was Indonesian and they eat dogs because they won't eat bovine. Dogs seem to have way more personality than a cow. Personality goes a long way!
the absolute cruelest thing I've ever seen regarding animals was a picture of dogs being trussed up and stacked up to be taken live to restaurants in some Eastern locale. I saw this many years ago. They were taking the dogs front legs and and breaking them to go back behind them and tying them together, so as to form a sort of carrying handle. The look of sorrow and pain in the dogs' eyes was pitiful beyond description.

🤣
I love watching you squirm, especially when you know I'm right and you're wrong.
I am used to you saying you're right because you took something out of context. And I'm used to you saying I'm squirming when that happens only in your mind. I'll stop there, because I don't want to imagine what you do when you go to bed with your little imaginary victories.

• Haha
Reactions: Heels Noir
My fried wild turkey nuggets are the bomb.
sounds almost as good as chicken gizzards. I really want to know how wild turkey compares in taste to the farm-raised kind. I have a customer who tells me he goes turkey hunting fairly often, and I think I'll see if I can wheedle my way into trying one that he bags.

Also, FWIW, he tells me the wild turkey population in NC is increasing greatly due to targeted conservation practices.

sounds almost as good as chicken gizzards. I really want to know how wild turkey compares in taste to the farm-raised kind. I have a customer who tells me he goes turkey hunting fairly often, and I think I'll see if I can wheedle my way into trying one that he bags.

Also, FWIW, he tells me the wild turkey population in NC is increasing greatly due to targeted conservation practices.
It is, mostly due to hunter funding.

my in laws live in mars hills which is north of Asheville. Every time we visit it’s fuking wild kingdom. Wild Turkeys, deer, you see most every day. There’s even a Fox that comes and plays with their jack russell. They used to raise rabbits for food. I’ll never forget when my daughter realized she was eating one of the rabbits she had been playing with earlier. That was a hard lesson for her. Lol.

my in laws live in mars hills which is north of Asheville. Every time we visit it’s fuking wild kingdom. Wild Turkeys, deer, you see most every day. There’s even a Fox that comes and plays with their jack russell. They used to raise rabbits for food. I’ll never forget when my daughter realized she was eating one of the rabbits she had been playing with earlier. That was a hard lesson for her. Lol.
I love rabbit too. Rabbit salad is where it's at.

Reactions: Archer2 and bluetoe
That's some analogy. :rolleyes:

I don't know much about the publishing industry no matter how hard I try to sound like an expert. Hell, I don't understand too much about posting on a message board, either, beyond the simple act of "hitting the Post Reply button" to share with everyone my insipid and witless thoughts.
FIFY

I spent my early years on a working farm in ala with chickens pigs and goats. Killing various animals was common but my grandma didn’t tolerate cruelty, waste, or unnecessary killing. Me and my cousins went “hunting” with our 22’s one morning and came back with tales of killing a dozen squirrels. My grandma asked where they were. We told her we left them. She made us immediately go back and get them then showed us how and made us skin and clean them So she could cook them in a stew. I was real selective in what I shot from then on. I will say she had no prob shooting foxes that got after the chickens.
A lot of youngins have learned this very same lesson in the very same manner. Sounds to me like your grandma was a very fine lady. I wonder what she would have thought about and what she'd have done with a dog "that got after the chickens."

rabbit is really good. I don't know why it hasn't become a staple, especially with the way they reproduce. Must be that sentimental, cute bunny thing.

I wonder what she would have thought about and what she'd have done with a dog "that got after the chickens."
Take it out a nice wooded area, throw some sticks, play a little tug of war, then while it's munching on it's favorite snack put a bullet to it's skull, then shed a bunch of tears.

Just want to point out how almost everyone here is guilty of "caninism".

Not a single person has even begun to stand up for that poor old goat - and I don't mean Joe.
The goat lady in Cold Mountain was an interesting character portrayal. It was even better in the book. Of course, the whole situation was a lot more desperate, which can bring about a bit more... harsh takes... on life, in general, than how we live with our modern-day comforts. She had a whole flock. They were basically how she survived! She killed them regularly. She also took great care of them until they were needed for... other things.

Just want to point out how almost everyone here is guilty of "caninism".

Not a single person has even begun to stand up for that poor old goat - and I don't mean Joe.

guy leads a goat into the bedroom and stands at the foot of the bed where his wife is reading. He says "I just want you to see the pig I must resort to when you refuse me ." His wife says "that's a goat, you moron." He says "I was talking to the goat."

• Haha
Reactions: Archer2
The goat lady in Cold Mountain was an interesting character portrayal. It was even better in the book. Of course, the whole situation was a lot more desperate, which can bring about a bit more... harsh takes... on life, in general, than how we live with our modern-day comforts. She had a whole flock. They were basically how she survived! She killed them regularly. She also took great care of them until they were needed for... other things.
in Aruba, goat is served in some nice restaurants. There, they run wild all over the island and there's no sentimental inhibition about eating them.

I had it, and it was pretty good.

A lot of youngins have learned this very same lesson in the very same manner. Sounds to me like your grandma was a very fine lady. I wonder what she would have thought about and what she'd have done with a dog "that got after the chickens."
We had dogs and cats. I don’t know how she trained them but I don’t remember any probs with the dogs and chickens. You’re asking if she would have shot one for killing chickens and tbh I don’t know. I do remember one time riding in her rambler and she hit a dog and we spent hours it seemed in the blazing ala heat going door to door til she figured out who’s dog it was and gave them the body

Major is living with friends of the Biden's in Delaware while Commander is currently behind bars and getting disciplinary training before returning to the White House.

gettyimages-1699289618-da412840c31cf6f28c93fc123f0dd356f385c4dc.jpg
nah, you're not up Biden's ass or anything...do you squeeze his anal glands too?

preview.mp4.jpg

We had dogs and cats. I don’t know how she trained them but I don’t remember any probs with the dogs and chickens. You’re asking if she would have shot one for killing chickens and tbh I don’t know. I do remember one time riding in her rambler and she hit a dog and we spent hours it seemed in the blazing ala heat going door to door til she figured out who’s dog it was and gave them the body
Like I said before, she sounds to me like a very fine lady who I would have enjoyed knowing. I'm gonna guess (and not take a big risk on this one) that she had other great qualities as well. For example, I bet she could cook up a storm. Any favorites that she made?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT