ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

I need a meme of Apu and his family asking Santa's Little Helper to come over for dinner. I know Apu is dot indian, but it would still be great.

I have no doubt you're all for it. Nobody actually believes this outside of his supports, so it just makes him and the country as a whole look like idiots. Not the best idea if he's trying to get world leaders to respect us again.

I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill, which is what you often do regarding Trump.

Yeah, a world leader is gonna be skeptical of Trump because he exaggerated a story to emphasize the illegal crisis in America. Sure. Chances are, that leader is going to think to themselves, "Shit, if my country was being overrun like America is, I'd do the same thing!"

Reactions: nctransplant
Be honest, after last night's debacle does anything make sense to you this morning?

C'mon man. Do better. I get that you think Kamala won and you're all excited. But if you're not a good adversary for me, I'll just find someone else. This message, along with the first one directed towards me are just poor efforts. Does anything make sense to me? Based on the debate? WTF?

It does to me, Harris is full of shit.

I watched about 45 minutes of the debate. Trump was his usual self. I thought Kamala did better than expected but you could tell she was terrified of Trump. Every time she wanted to attack him, you could see her swallow real hard (there's a joke there) and her voice was a tell. Personally, in what I saw, I wouldn't say there was a "winner". I know the libs are doing what they do and trying their best to act like Kamala won. Let them have their fun. I was just pleased Trump didn't botch it like he did in 2020 against PawPaw.

With all that said, I don't think the performance from either candidate moved the needle much. We'll see in the next round of polls. But as of yesterday, Trump's numbers were looking better and better. Nate Silver had him at 68% chance to win EC.

ABC is the real loser. They continuously fact checked Trump and let Kamala's blatant lies go unchecked. Typical. Trump knew it would be like that and still took the debate. That's balls. He wasn't trying to change the rules.

C'mon man. Do better. I get that you think Kamala won and you're all excited. But if you're not a good adversary for me, I'll just find someone else.
Not only do I think that, some of the FOX News pundits along with members of Team Trump feel the same way. Who doesn't feel so negative about Trump's abysmal performance? Those who had to walk away or change the channel after 45 minutes.

I watched about 45 minutes of the debate. Trump was his usual self. I thought Kamala did better than expected but you could tell she was terrified of Trump. Every time she wanted to attack him, you could see her swallow real hard (there's a joke there) and her voice was a tell. Personally, in what I saw, I wouldn't say there was a "winner". I know the libs are doing what they do and trying their best to act like Kamala won. Let them have their fun. I was just pleased Trump didn't botch it like he did in 2020 against PawPaw.

With all that said, I don't think the performance from either candidate moved the needle much. We'll see in the next round of polls. But as of yesterday, Trump's numbers were looking better and better. Nate Silver had him at 68% chance to win EC.

ABC is the real loser. They continuously fact checked Trump and let Kamala's blatant lies go unchecked. Typical. Trump knew it would be like that and still took the debate. That's balls. He wasn't trying to change the rules.
Her answer to the very first question said all that needed to be said.

I should have said her nonanswer.

I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill, which is what you often do regarding Trump.

Yeah, a world leader is gonna be skeptical of Trump because he exaggerated a story to emphasize the illegal crisis in America. Sure. Chances are, that leader is going to think to themselves, "Shit, if my country was being overrun like America is, I'd do the same thing!"
One, you're confusing me with @heelmanwilm about making a mountain out of a molehill often. Second my point isn't that they are going to be skeptical. They are already skeptical. You say that Trump is going to move us back to respectability. That just made them laugh and certainly doesn't accomplish his stated goal of getting us back to respectability. You know it was stupid for him to say it. You just can't bring yourself to say he did something wrong.

One, you're confusing me with @heelmanwilm about making a mountain out of a molehill often. Second my point isn't that they are going to be skeptical. They are already skeptical. You say that Trump is going to move us back to respectability. That just made them laugh and certainly doesn't accomplish his stated goal of getting us back to respectability. You know it was stupid for him to say it. You just can't bring yourself to say he did something wrong.

1 - I never said anything about being back respectability. I couldn’t care less if other countries respect us. I’d much prefer they fear us.

2 - Is there an illegal immigration crisis? Yes or no? Is it being largely ignored by a large part of the population? If so, I’m in favor of whatever it takes to get people to notice. Frankly, I hope the Trump team cooks up some other bangers to illustrate the point. So IMO, as I’ve already stated, he didn’t do anything wrong. No need to bring myself to that.

1 - I never said anything about being back respectability. I couldn’t care less if other countries respect us. I’d much prefer they fear us.

2 - Is there an illegal immigration crisis? Yes or no? Is it being largely ignored by a large part of the population? If so, I’m in favor of whatever it takes to get people to notice. Frankly, I hope the Trump team cooks up some other bangers to illustrate the point. So IMO, as I’ve already stated, he didn’t do anything wrong. No need to bring myself to that.
Absolutely!

Highlight from last night's debate:

tumblr_p6w862dhOO1wyspnlo5_500.gifv

Last edited:
I think the best part of the debate is when Trump tried to act like he was hired to give a speech on J6. "They asked me to give a speech, that's all I did."

If he'd been the captain on the Titanic, he would have survived the sinking.

as prlyles might say, how stupid are you people? It was ridiculous to put much of an exclamation point behind it or even to make a point of it at all....but if you think pets weren't eaten by illegals crossing the border you have no concept of reality. And that doesn't surprise me much.

And it doesn't matter who generated it, it almost certainly is not a lie.

And that's just using common sense. I would bet large that there's actual fire behind that smoke, even if just a small one, if there was some way to reveal the truth of it. All it takes is one incident for it to be true. But no such barbaric activity is going to be reported by the lib media, and you'd have a hell of a time finding the scattered individuals or individual who believes that their pet was scarfed by some starving illegal stumbling onto an overly friendly barnyard cat.

Did the moderators fact check Harris? I didn’t watch the entire event but while I was watching, she said Trump would implement P2025, even though he has publicly denounced it. No fact check from the moderators. She also said Trump would implement a total abortion ban, which Trump has publicly stated he would not. No fact check from the moderators. She repeated the Charlottesville lie of “good people on both sides” and again, no fact check from the moderators.

I guess Trump should just shut up and take it instead of pointing out the advantage the moderators gave Harris to avoid some dude on a message board insinuating that Trump is calling foul “like he always does when he loses”.

Why? I would bet dollars to doughnuts he’ll go again. Will she agree to a Fox News hosted debate? I’m sure Trump is game.
He's already said "I don't know that I want to do another debate." He insisted that Harris was the loser because losers always ask for a rematch.

She baited him and he took the bait every time. He lost his shit and went off on stream-of-consciousness rants. He got his ass handed to him. And... Of course she lied, she's a fvcking politician. They're ALL liars!

He's already said "I don't know that I want to do another debate." He insisted that Harris was the loser because losers always ask for a rematch.

She baited him and he took the bait every time. He lost his shit and went off on stream-of-consciousness rants. He got his ass handed to him. And... Of course she lied, she's a fvcking politician. They're ALL liars!

Why didn’t the moderators fact check her like they did Trump?

Won’t admit to the advantage Harris had because of the hate for Trump.

Yeah, totally not a cult.

Yes, I've seen that. I have no doubt that Donald Trump knows exactly what P25 is and how he plays a role in its implementation.
I'm sure you know better than an author of it. Damn, not only are you a world famous psychiatrist but a mind reader as well. Impressive. Oh and I forgot the Greatest Lover in South Carolina.

Yes, I've seen that. I have no doubt that Donald Trump knows exactly what P25 is and how he plays a role in its implementation.
that he might coincidentally plan on pursuing some of the same suggestions as P25 does not equate to him implementing it or playing a role in its implementation.. As he said, there is good in it as well as not so good. And as usual, when the object of your hate tries to do something good, you will seek to find a way to vilify it.

that he might coincidentally plan on pursuing some of the same suggestions as P25 does not equate to him implementing it or playing a role in its implementation.. As he said, there is good in it as well as not so good. And as usual, when the object of your hate tries to do something good, you will seek to find a way to vilify it.
Thank god there's some "good in it, as well!" Now, I feel better. I'm sure the "good" is worth the "not so good."

Oh. My bad. I didn’t know you and Kamala can see the future.

I can see the future too. And I know that Kamala will sell off our military assets to China. Ask her. And if she says she won’t do that, she’s lying. I know.
I don't know what she can see.

I do believe that of he's insisting he doesn't know anything, then I'm going with the exact opposite as being the truth.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT