ADVERTISEMENT

Orange Bowl gamethread

Williams, Carter, Surrat, and the other guy I will not mention - I hope you enjoyed your former team as these guys should nothing but shame you.

Sorry for the rant. But UNC gave you an education, a chance at future millions, and you took advantage of it all. So proud of the guys that came to play. They gave it their all. But you absentees go FCK yourselves.

Reactions: strummingram
I disagree. This team played it's guts out and played really fvcking well. I'm proud of the whole team and staff except Phil Longo. A few dropped passes sucked. But, these kids played their asses off. And, they played one of the best teams in the country.
I agree. The FSU loss was terrible, inexcusable. The UVA loss was almost as bad. The team looked better tonight than it did against ND. We just are too thin on D, especially the DL. And we have no depth on the OL, which meant a very tired OL late.

And Longo was Longo.

Give it a break guys. If u had the million dollar decision to make you don’t know what you would do so don’t say you would. This isn’t the last time we make it here. So what if Sam opts out next year everyone gonna disown him too? It hurts I know and agree but we are ahead of schedule and are coming for the CFP. Proud to be a Tar Heel!!

I agree. The FSU loss was terrible, inexcusable. The UVA loss was almost as bad. The team looked better tonight than it did against ND. We just are too thin on D, especially the DL. And we have no depth on the OL, which meant a very tired OL late.

And Longo was Longo.

Yeah, that's changing though with the guys we have coming in.

Give it a break guys. If u had the million dollar decision to make you don’t know what you would do so don’t say you would. This isn’t the last time we make it here. So what if Sam opts out next year everyone gonna disown him too? It hurts I know and agree but we are ahead of schedule and are coming for the CFP. Proud to be a Tar Heel!!
You do not check out on teammates. That makes you a bad teammate.

You do not check out on teammates. That makes you a bad teammate.
Absolutely

You don't abandon your teammates, your coaches, your school and your fans when they need you the most.

I understand what y’all are saying believe me but it is million dollar decision and not saying it is the right one. It sucks too. We are building the depth so it won’t matter next time. This isn’t the last time it happens either

Look at how well the players that WE HAVE actually played! This team tonight played as well as any game this season! Downs came on down! Hell, even the defense looked good until the last part of the 4th qtr.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
The last play call sucked. Don’t give the ball to Henderson instead let Howell win or lose it.

I understand what y’all are saying believe me but it is million dollar decision and not saying it is the right one. It sucks too. We are building the depth so it won’t matter next time. This isn’t the last time it happens either
Any key player who bails on the team in a NY6 Bowl game should be scratched from the books in exchange for their 40 pieces of silver.

If the Committee puts A&M in the playoff instead of ND which in my opinion it should of them we would of been playing in the Cheez-It Bowl, would you guys be as mad about the players opting out then?? We played 3 Top 10 teams this year and went 1-2 and led IMO the best team we played in the 4th quarter

Longo is f*cking garbage.

Carter, Williams, Surrat, and Dyami are all softer than mice pissing on cotton.

If the Committee puts A&M in the playoff instead of ND which in my opinion it should of them we would of been playing in the Cheez-It Bowl, would you guys be as mad about the players opting out then?? We played 3 Top 10 teams this year and went 1-2 and led IMO the best team we played in the 4th quarter
You do NOT abandon your teammates when they need you the most... EVER!

Football is a team sport. The school gave you a scholarship and a chance to be coached-up from high school.

Why play against WCU, or any game this season? Why play Miami? Why play in the ACC Championship? You don't get paid for any of the games.

Hey Jimbo have you forgotten you have to play Alabama every year so good luck. No opt outs because no high draft picks but whatever.

Someone needs to tell Katie George it’s the 2021 orange bowl lol. It’s ok though she’s a looker

Those 2 should have been caught passes were huge in the final qtr ... heels played well enough to win ..

And, you gotta think about this...

Did ANYONE in 2018 see us in the Orange Bowl 2 years later??? In the Orange Bowl, ranked #14, and poised to win in the 4th qtr, with a very depleted team and freshmen playing in their place and showing their future potential. No one saw this coming!

I don't remember being this excited for the next season after losing a game.

Need a stud RB to emerge before week 1 next year.

Both line units need to be better.

Sam can't be jumpy under pressure in big games.

Playcalling needs to be better.

___

Just not there yet. Lots of athletes at WR, and some unproven guys at RB. If enough of them step up them we could probably win ten games and be back in a NY6 bowl next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT