ADVERTISEMENT

Other ACC team games Week 1

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
Thursday night, Pitt beat WVU 38-31 in a very entertaining game.

So far Friday, Dook is all over Temple 27-0 late in the 3rd. VT is struggling at Old Dominion, leading 17-10 late in the 3rd.

FSU vs. LSU in the Big Easy about to kick off. The ACC could use a Nole victory.

FSU has a transfer WR who is 6-7 and another who is 6-4. Both look solid and have caught a couple passes.

With 3 minutes left in the 2nd, FSU recovered a fumbled punt at the LSU 16. On 4th and 2, they went and failed, rather than take a short FG.

Noles lead 7-3 at the Half.

Noles win 24-23. Wild game. Tigers scored TD on play with 1 second, and FSU then blocked the EP to win.

Good for the Noles and the ACC.
ACC football needed that FSU win, as ugly as it was.

LSU set it itself up to lose by QB choice. Jayden Daniels was an erratic QB against the weak Ds of the Pac. His Pac career was Up and Down, over and over. Great plays based on sheer athleticism followed by bad plays based on poor fundamentals.

Perhaps most specifically, what Daniels at QB meant was that LSU's only proven game breaker, WR Boutte, would not catch a pass until late in the 4th. Daniels reads pass coverage poorly and slowly, and FSU focused on covering Boutte. So Daniels was too much 'happy feet' impatient to wait for Boutte to get wide open.

On the FSU side, Jordan Travis looked fine most of the game, but when FSU was about to score another TD and perhaps salt away the game when he made a lousy pitch to the RB, which became a fumble. LSU then drive 99 yards and scored, but had another special teams error and so lost any way.

FSU's D looked good, but there was no way to tell if it can slow down a top notch passing offense.

We'd probably still make Clemson's offense look like world beaters but they look a lot more beatable than in recent years. Now would be a great time to make a run at an ACC title.

We'd probably still make Clemson's offense look like world beaters but they look a lot more beatable than in recent years. Now would be a great time to make a run at an ACC title.
I agree. I've seen nothing tonight that suggests that the Clemson offense is improved enough for the Tigers to win the ACC.

I agree. I've seen nothing tonight that suggests that the Clemson offense is improved enough for the Tigers to win the ACC.

The offense is really struggling. I'm surprised they aren't running the ball more effectively against GT.

The Clemson D may be good enough to win a National Championship. The Clemson Offense leaves much to be desired. Is Dabo going to risk the Playoffs still hoping that DJ will suddenly look like Drake Maye? Unless Klubnik just looks like a deer in the headlights, you've got to give him a shot. Clemson has too much athleticism at WR to waste it. A good passing game would open up the field for the Tiger running game, and with that D, Clemson could be 12-0 at the ACC Championship Game

Pitt will be a factor in the ACC
Yes, but Clemson does not play Pitt. What Clemson with a dud offense must worry about in getting to the ACC Championship are teams like Wake, Moo, FSU, and Miami. Syracuse looked much improved in its beat down of Louisville.

Reactions: sammyk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT