ADVERTISEMENT

PK80 Team Grades

I read it too and I don't think it rates an "Ouch". The game certainly rates high on the pain scale, but the write-up and evaluation was fair and pretty mild. I think Roy was his usual extremely harsh and self deprecating self!

This team was bound to get punched in the grill and it happened. This is the perfect fodder for Roy to show these youngsters how far they need to grow to be really good! I hated losing the Izzo jinx, but this is the type of loss that could propel this team to achieve great things! (it could break the weak minded also and we will learn soon who we are!)

Scorching hot take right here, with a range of anything from #5 in the country to #40 in the country come tournament time. Hope that limb that you went out on doesn't snap.
Good use of sarcasm. But the truth is that it's hard to know after yesterday.

I think most of us were just settling in to the thought that the bad possibilities that had us nervous weren't going to happen . . . and then they did.

The question that could be answered fairly quickly (against the likes of Michigan and Tennessee) is whether it takes a team built like MSU to discombobulate us like that, or whether other teams can replicate that in-your-grill D and other aspects of the MSU machine. If other teams can do it, we're in trouble. Otherwise, we just need to stay out of MSU's bracket.

Good use of sarcasm. But the truth is that it's hard to know after yesterday.

I think most of us were just settling in to the thought that the bad possibilities that had us nervous weren't going to happen . . . and then they did.

The question that could be answered fairly quickly (against the likes of Michigan and Tennessee) is whether it takes a team built like MSU to discombobulate us like that, or whether other teams can replicate that in-your-grill D and other aspects of the MSU machine. If other teams can do it, we're in trouble. Otherwise, we just need to stay out of MSU's bracket.

I don't see Michigan creating the same issues that MSU did. Duke may, but I don't think Michigan has the personnel or experience to cause problems if we play well.

MSU is always built that way under Izzo. Usually we can run them into submission but when you play scared and miss layup after layup, well... you get your azz kicked.

if (HUGE IF) we shot even as bad as they did - 40% - then it's basically a tie ball game. Oh well, let's learn from this and move on.

Scorching hot take right here, with a range of anything from #5 in the country to #40 in the country come tournament time. Hope that limb that you went out on doesn't snap.

lol seriously. Hey guys we will either win the national championship or make the nit as a 5 seed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT