ADVERTISEMENT

Preseason Coaches poll released.

Clemson, Wuffies, Pitt, Miami, and Wake ranked.

With the possible exception of Miami, none of them will be ranked in the final poll.

• Haha
Reactions: dooksux
None of them?? I’d bet 3/5 are. Clemson, Miami, and one of Pitt/Wuffies I’d guess. I see wake dropping. Pitt has some question marks with replacing Pickett (and Addison) but most everyone else returns.

None of them?? I’d bet 3/5 are. Clemson, Miami, and one of Pitt/Wuffies I’d guess. I see wake dropping. Pitt has some question marks with replacing Pickett (and Addison) but most everyone else returns.
My bad. Forgot about Clemson, so Clemson and possibly Miami. No way Pitt or moo is ranked. Last year for moo wasn't as good as it looked if you dig deeper. Pickett is too big of a loss to overcome.

Reactions: strummingram
My bad. Forgot about Clemson, so Clemson and possibly Miami. No way Pitt or moo is ranked. Last year for moo wasn't as good as it looked if you dig deeper. Pickett is too big of a loss to overcome.
So you don't think Slovis brings much?

I have no doubt that Cristobal and his staff are an upgrade at Miami.

Clawson and his staff get the most out the players they have of any ACC team, perhaps any in the country.

So you don't think Slovis brings much?

I have no doubt that Cristobal and his staff are an upgrade at Miami.

Clawson and his staff get the most out the players they have of any ACC team, perhaps any in the country.
Slovis brings enough to probably get them 7-8 wins. Clawson probably gets the best out of his players, but that usually doesn't result in top 25 rankings for WF.

I'm thinking seven is about right if the QBs are decent. Unless Chiz can make a turnaround like last time. If he can do that, I could see eight wins.

I also wouldn't be surprised if we won five games.
We lost the best quarterback in program history. And, we kept the same OC. Chizik will need to create the 85 Bears defense to make a difference. LOL

We lost the best quarterback in program history. And, we kept the same OC. Chizik will need to create the 85 Bears defense to make a difference. LOL
True, but we did get a new OL coach, which was probably the biggest issue. There's a lot of talent at RB, but mostly unproven. I could see a situation that is similar to Sam's first year, just relying on the RBs more. A good D with an average QB + improved line, could make a decent team. Our schedule isn't that difficult and the coastal still isn't that good. My guess is 7-5.

Reactions: strummingram
True, but we did get a new OL coach, which was probably the biggest issue. There's a lot of talent at RB, but mostly unproven. I could see a situation that is similar to Sam's first year, just relying on the RBs more. A good D with an average QB + improved line, could make a decent team. Our schedule isn't that difficult and the coastal still isn't that good. My guess is 7-5.
I forgot about that, you're right. I expect 6-6, at best.

Looking at 8- 9 wins, IMO. Schedule sets up nicely where they can play their young studs and get them acclimated before the big game with Notre Dame. Getting guys like Boykins, Power, Ritzie, Paysour, Nesbit, Pettaway, Hampton, Greene, Blackwell, RaRa etc on the field will start to turn the trajectory of the program where it needs to be. Love the presser of Mack yesterday as it screamed “accountability” which is what is needed to take the program where it needs to go. He mentioned a player committing multiple mistakes and how that player was moved down the depth chart as a result. These WR’s and RB’s are going to be really fun to watch.

Reactions: Archer2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT