ADVERTISEMENT

Primary Key to Game

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
How much has the Miami team been able to correct with a bye week before playing UNC?

That could be the key sign for the Miami season. If the new staff has achieved little with the bye before a Home game, then the year could a total bust. But if corrections are made, the Canes could make a nice run the rest of the way.

For UNC, the key question is: can the D play as well as it did against VT? The Canes have given up quite a few long passes, which means that the UNC passing attack should rack up yards and TDs. If the Miami Offense finally begins to click, and the UNC D goes back to looking like it barely cares how bad it looks, then the Canes could win with a score that comes close to the UNC at App St game.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
Stop the run on defense. Miami will be back to full strength in the backfield and they'll test us up front. They're probably going to be missing Restrepo and Arroyo.

It sounds repetitive, but if you can run the ball, and stop the run, you can win a decent number of games at the college level, especially in our division. There just aren't as many ubertalented QB/WR tandems as there are in the NFL.

So, if we can limit Parrish and Knighton, we should have a good shot at winning, as long as the offense doesn't lay an egg.

We’re winning by two TD’s If our defense plays decently. As stated above, can’t allow them to run all over us. We have too many weapons on offense. 45-31

Turnovers. I predict a shootout, so every extra possession will be big.

Stop the run on defense. Miami will be back to full strength in the backfield and they'll test us up front. They're probably going to be missing Restrepo and Arroyo.

It sounds repetitive, but if you can run the ball, and stop the run, you can win a decent number of games at the college level, especially in our division. There just aren't as many ubertalented QB/WR tandems as there are in the NFL.

So, if we can limit Parrish and Knighton, we should have a good shot at winning, as long as the offense doesn't lay an egg.
If they can run the ball, they will control the clock and keep Maye and our receivers off the field. That surely is the heart of Miami's game plan.

Restrepo is very important because he and Van Dyke are roommates and best friends.

2nd and 3 at Miami's six yard line. If you're going to go for it on 4th down, why not run the ball? Instead we go pass, pass, pass and leave easy points on the board 🤷‍♂️

28 seconds left, long field, just sit on the ball. You get the ball after the half 🤷🏻‍♂️

It's like we want to play on hard mode. Had a good lead, had them one dimensional, could've built on it, given our defense a rest. Nope lol. Too easy.

2nd and 3 at Miami's six yard line. If you're going to go for it on 4th down, why not run the ball? Instead we go pass, pass, pass and leave easy points on the board 🤷‍♂️

28 seconds left, long field, just sit on the ball. You get the ball after the half 🤷🏻‍♂️

It's like we want to play on hard mode. Had a good lead, had them one dimensional, could've built on it, given our defense a rest. Nope lol. Too easy.
Stats show that's the right call. I didn't have any issue with going for it. The play calls, well, they were interesting.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
I guess I should be basking in the glow of the win, considering Van Dyke look like Tom Brady Peyton Manning and Superfly James Bond all wrapped in one

I guess I should be basking in the glow of the win, considering Van Dyke look like Tom Brady Peyton Manning and Superfly James Bond all wrapped in one
You're going to have to get used to seeing QBs put up yards. Between Chizik's philosophy and today's offenses, it's just a given. The number to pay attention to is the scoreboard. Stopping them from scoring is what matters.

You're going to have to get used to seeing QBs put up yards. Between Chizik's philosophy and today's offenses, it's just a given. The number to pay attention to is the scoreboard. Stopping them from scoring is what matters.
Stopping them at the goal line, and holding them to NO points, and then the offense took it down the field and scored... that was a pretty amazing sequence. Maybe they can progress and put more of those kinds of sequences together in a game, and then game after game.

IMO, if we could improve our pass rush, we could be so much better. Based on our secondary coverage,
any QB with ample time to scan the field is gonna find an open receiver. Hell, Van Dike threw over 50
passes and only got sacked once or twice. We have to improve that starting with the dookies. GO HEELS!
Definitely agree with that. I think making the QB uncomfortable helps a lot. We did seem to chase him out of the pocket more than normal, so that helps some too. I just want to know how they were lucky enough to catch what felt like 100 balls that were deflected by the line.

Yep. WE lack depth at LB, the DL is not playing as well as it should be based on all those stars and P5 offers, and the secondary still has much work to do, but Miami did not score in the 50s, nor the 40s, nor even the 30s.

Reactions: Archer2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT