ADVERTISEMENT

Random / Weird News Stories

Dude, absoLUTELY would.

A3CYQZ4P6ZZ5HNMUFAJ5V7HHJ4.jpg

Thanks, good to hear, I'm sure Raising, I mean my friend will be relieved.
Actually, I’m extremely disappointed that my emotional support goat will be unable to accompany me on future flights.

On the other hand, considering the number of complaints I’ve received about my baby goat using other passengers for indoor parkour, I guess I shouldn’t be surprised.

5ZcP.gif

According to the lawsuit, filed May 8 in Fort Lauderdale seeking class-action status, McDonald’s used to sell four different Quarter Pounder options, two of which came without cheese and cost between 30 to 90 cents less, the Miami Herald reports.

Even at 90 cents a pop, you'd have to have ordered 5,555,555 Quarter Pounders to incur $5 million in damages. Unless of course they're including psychological and emotional distress in that figure, which they undoubtedly are.

ETA: And how the hell is this a class action lawsuit? If they won the case, how would they go about identifying and compensating the affected customers? This thing has stupid written all over it.

Reactions: tarheel0910
This is nuts. First person account of a trauma surgeon who had to operate on a violent criminal just moments after the crime:

The man had just gone on a shooting rampage in the local courtroom, distraught over an ugly ongoing divorce. He had expressed his festering anger by emptying several rounds from a .38‑caliber handgun into his wife, his wife's divorce lawyer, and other colleagues during legal proceedings in the courtroom. He had only wounded his wife with the first shot to her neck. She was still breathing, gasping for life, when he calmly walked around the table. He slowly squatted next to her and placed the gun to her head. The second shot killed her instantly.

http://www.businessinsider.com/surgeon-surgery-murder-control-emotions-2018-5

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
This is nuts. First person account of a trauma surgeon who had to operate on a violent criminal just moments after the crime:

The man had just gone on a shooting rampage in the local courtroom, distraught over an ugly ongoing divorce. He had expressed his festering anger by emptying several rounds from a .38‑caliber handgun into his wife, his wife's divorce lawyer, and other colleagues during legal proceedings in the courtroom. He had only wounded his wife with the first shot to her neck. She was still breathing, gasping for life, when he calmly walked around the table. He slowly squatted next to her and placed the gun to her head. The second shot killed her instantly.

http://www.businessinsider.com/surgeon-surgery-murder-control-emotions-2018-5

Very interesting. Personally, I would have told the Hippocratic Oath to go F itself, and let the guy die on the table. But, I guess that's why I'm not a surgeon.

Why do they tell doctors the backstory on situations like that, as it can only create conflicts of interest? You'd think, hey doc - got a gunshot victim coming in that's been shot 9 times in the torso, would accomplish everything needed without telling the doctor that he was shot by police after shooting other people.

Also - I think there should be a rule/law/whatever in place where victims are treated before the shooter, regardless of extent of injury. You somewhat enter a gray zone there because the guy is technically a suspect until proven guilty, but still.

It is awesomely ironic that he was saved and then later sentenced to death.

Reactions: Raising Heel
Reactions: tarheel0910
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT