ADVERTISEMENT

Record Prediction Thread for 2020

How many wins will the Heels get in 2020?

• Total voters
Pitt avg 5.3 yards per carry, which a crapton, but that doesn't change the fact that SP+ and FPI had their D so highly ranked.
21st in SP+ and 15th by FPI. Both are opponent-adjusted.

They lose just 3 starters. Nate Evans was good, but he wasn't a draft pick or anything.

I think people are expecting their D to be pretty good again, esp the back 5.

We'll see what they can do against Howell and company. Feel good about our chances week 1.

I have no fear that the Heels will take UCF lightly. UCF has a very solid football program. I guarantee that the stadium will be rockin'.

Those first two games are a chance for the Heels to make a statement, playing one of the very best non-P5 teams on the road and playing a traditional SEC contender in Atlanta. I can't tell you what it would mean to our program to win those two games. It would also give our team confidence that they can win any game they're in.

My predictions:
* We beat UCF and lose a close one to Auburn.
* We lose to either UVA or Pitt and go 7-1 in ACC play.
* We win the Coastal and play Clemson in the ACCCG, narrowly losing.
* We win a good bowl game to finish 11-3.
* We gain even more recruiting momentum and continue to recruit very well.

* We're back baby!

Reactions: KnightLife94
I have no fear that the Heels will take UCF lightly. UCF has a very solid football program. I guarantee that the stadium will be rockin'.
Mack Brown definitely knows better. Brought Top 10 Texas there in 07 and only won by 3. Hopefully we can have full stands

Most of us hope you’re 1 and 1 also, beating Auburn like we did in Georgia.

It’s going to be a good game with a very large audience. My guess is that the winning team will be ranked and get some week long press.

Unless there are major injuries or not a full season, I’d take the over on 8.5 wins.

Reactions: KnightLife94
Either one of you UCF fans wish to make a prediction on the UNC vs UCF game? Everything I see has the Knights favored by 3-5 points. I'm taking the points. Hard fought game with the Heels winning a close one.

The thing that concerns me the most about UCF is that they like to play fast. Conditioning and communication will be of the upmost importance in that one.
I’m not worried about conditioning. By that time, our team will have been through 5-6 weeks of hot, humid weather. I expect us be in at least as good condition as UCF.

Communication is always important, on both sides of the ball. A couple of good things: we are in our 2nd year in the system so the returning players will know what is expected of them effort-wise, as well as the basic schemes. If the virus allows, I think we’re in for a great year.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
I could see conditioning being a factor in college football this year. The guys who were hungry during the lockdown had a lot of time to spend getting in shape while other guys slacked off.
Yeah I think it's borderline naive to think conditioning won't be a factor, to some extent, on every team. That may manifest itself in the fourth quarter of a game, the back half of the season, or it may even manifest itself in fall camp when projected starters don't win the position battle because others on the depth chart diligently self-motivated themselves to kick ass on lifting and dieting and running during the summer.

Reactions: uncboy10
I could see conditioning being a factor in college football this year. The guys who were hungry during the lockdown had a lot of time to spend getting in shape while other guys slacked off.
Yeah, I agree with that. And maybe the best staffs have done a little better job of motivating the players to stay in top shape. Every team will have some players show up overweight, it's human nature. Those teams that minimize those players will have a bit of an advantage.

Yeah, I agree with that. And maybe the best staffs have done a little better job of motivating the players to stay in top shape. Every team will have some players show up overweight, it's human nature. Those teams that minimize those players will have a bit of an advantage.

It's also just as easy to come in underweight for the skill guys too, especially if you don't have access to a decent weight room and quality nutrition like these guys are used to when they're on campus.

It's also just as easy to come in underweight for the skill guys too, especially if you don't have access to a decent weight room and quality nutrition like these guys are used to when they're on campus.
This will be the bigger issue most likely. Programs were worried about guys who play "up" in weight not having access to enough protein while quarantined to maintain that weight. I know for a fact UNC was bigly concerned about this and shifted around how they paid out player stipends to try to help players have more money for groceries.

This will be the bigger issue most likely. Programs were worried about guys who play "up" in weight not having access to enough protein while quarantined to maintain that weight. I know for a fact UNC was bigly concerned about this and shifted around how they paid out player stipends to try to help players have more money for groceries.

Yeah it takes a lot of calories to carry a significant amount of muscle mass while training at a high intensity level day in and day out.

Reactions: Archer2
Yeah it takes a lot of calories to carry a significant amount of muscle mass while training at a high intensity level day in and day out.
Not to conflate thread topics, but nutrition is a big piece of 'compensation' college athletes receive that isn't acknowledged by the "pay the players" crowd. That nutrition, food, and world class strength and conditioning is pretty dang valuable.

True dat.

I remember 20 years ago when I had to really work to gain weight. I worked so hard to gain, now I work even harder not to gain.

Getting old is hell, but I guess it’s better than the alternative.

Not to conflate thread topics, but nutrition is a big piece of 'compensation' college athletes receive that isn't acknowledged by the "pay the players" crowd. That nutrition, food, and world class strength and conditioning is pretty dang valuable.

You’re not wrong. It’s very valuable

True dat.

I remember 20 years ago when I had to really work to gain weight. I worked so hard to gain, now I work even harder not to gain.

Getting old is hell, but I guess it’s better than the alternative.

Lower testosterone levels as you age make it harder to burn fat and put on muscle. And with today’s HRT you can keep your test levels at baseline (or higher) if you aren’t afraid of needles.

Lower testosterone levels as you age make it harder to burn fat and put on muscle. And with today’s HRT you can keep your test levels at baseline (or higher) if you aren’t afraid of needles.
Don’t care about being in great condition, I just want to get to my target of 185 with decent tone. Just want to be around a few more years and still be able to enjoy life.

Reactions: uncboy10
Dang, 185??? I just would like to see 205 again...
Don’t care about being in great condition, I just want to get to my target of 185 with decent tone. Just want to be around a few more years and still be able to enjoy life.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT