ADVERTISEMENT

Seton Hall at UNC Game 2 Thread

2 OUT TARHEEL MAGIC adrain chacon RBI single drives in Skye Bolt. Now a bang bang play at first beat out by Alex Raburn to score another unc run 2-1 UNC due up Joe Dudek

Originally posted by Raising Heel:
Is anyone able to watch this game? All I'm seeing on GoHeelsTV is the ceiling inside the booth. It's like the camera is turned on and pointed straight up.
RH, "technical difficulties" finally resolved. Go Heels!!!
This post was edited on 2/14 11:35 AM by DF1972

UNC leads 2-1 top of the 3rd inning

This post was edited on 2/14 11:47 AM by DF1972

This post was edited on 2/14 11:47 AM by DF1972

Lassister leads off with a single. Bolt batting.

Bolt walks. Heels on 1st and 2nd, no outs. Ramirez batting.

Ramirez doubles in Lassiter. Heels on 2nd and 3rd, no outs. UNC leads 3-1.

Originally posted by DF1972:
RH, "technical difficulties" finally resolved. Go Heels!!!
Glad I wasn't just crazy. :)

I'm watching on my iPad with the basketball game on TV. Diamond Heels have blown this one open in the 3rd inning and lead 7-1, matching yesterday's score.

UNC leads 7-1, UNC runners at the corners, 1 out, bottom of the 3rd.

We're in the top of the 6th, and it looks like freshman LHP Hunter Williams is coming to the mound.

Benton Moss ends his day with 5 IP, 4 hits, 2 runs, 1 walk, and 9 strikeouts.

Lead remains 9-2 Heels.

We're now heading into the final inning with UNC leading 10-4 over Seton Hall.

Men's lacrosse has wrapped up their game against UMass with a solid 20-8 victory.

We shall not speak of the basketball game today lol.

Carolina wins 10-4 to improve to 2-0 on the season.

Next game starts in a few minutes

From UNC:

CHAPEL HILL --- Adrian Chacon and Landon Lassiter had three hits apiece, and Benton Moss collected his 20th career win as No. 6 North Carolina secured a series victory with a 10-4 win over Seton Hall Saturday at Boshamer Stadium. A 7-run third inning during which the Tar Heels sent 11 batters to the plate proved to be the difference.

Seton Hall (0-2) struck first on Sal Annunziata's RBI double, but Carolina quickly responded. Chacon's seeing-eye single tied the game in the bottom of the first before Kyle Grimm's throw pulled Annunziata off the bag to allow Tyler Ramirez to score from third.

Things fell apart for Pirate starter Anthony Elia (0-1) in the third. The first five Tar Heels reached in the inning, with Ramirez and Logan Warmoth driving in two runs each. Zack Gahagan added an RBI single for his first career hit, Wood Myers' RBI single made it 8-1 and a Skye Bolt sac fly capped the scoring.

Moss, who was making his 48th career start, fanned nine in 5.0 innings and walked just one. Four Tar Heel relievers combined to finish the job, with Nick Raquet striking out a pair in a scoreless ninth to end it. In addition to Raquet, freshmen Hunter Williams and Brett Daniels made their Carolina debuts on the mound.

UNC (2-0) will go for a sweep of the series Saturday afternoon, with freshman J.B. Bukauskas going opposite Seton Hall's Anthony Pacillo.

Box Score

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT