ADVERTISEMENT

Shittu Official Visit - 11/10

Don't know know about the story behind it. There were rumors he was offered money or paid to go to Zona and then when the FBI stuff came out he reopened his recruitment. I've heard he's done to UNC and it could be announced as early as this week. (of course my source is wrong at times, but right more often than not.) I trust that if UNC is taking his commitment, they have checked the situation and feel comfortable he is clean and will clear.

Well, Little is announcing tonight. Hope you are right Coach.

If we are lucky enough to receive commitments from both Nassir and Simisola that gives UNC a combination at both SF PF that I mentioned above a few posts, a writer at 247 said combo they would be "ferocious"....I can go with that in our forwards.

Hope Vandy gets him. If he is connected in anyway to the FBI probe, I don't want him at UNC.

No.

Steat is just very against us recruiting anyone that was remotely connected to this, even in Shittu's case where he was just considering Zona.

Steat, are you allowed to cheer for Little next season? :)

He was a heavy lean to Arizona before the FBI probe hit. Now he has cancelled his Arizona OV and it is apparently a choice between Vandy and UNC. There is nothing in the FBI report that insinuates that Shittu or his parents took any money. On the other hand, Arizona's assistant coach has been indicted and is in jail. Lets just say that if it looks like a rat it is a rat.

Udoka wanted to sign with UNC and his handler placed him with Kansas. The kid cried when it was announced he was headed to Arizona. I just don't feel good about Shittu.

Last edited:
No.

Steat is just very against us recruiting anyone that was remotely connected to this, even in Shittu's case where he was just considering Zona.

Steat has made it abundantly clear with about 20 posts now on the subject, I think we all get the point. I really hope if he commits to us he doesn't continue with it.

He was a heavy lean to Arizona before the FBI probe hit. Now he has cancelled his Arizona OV and it is apparently a choice between Vandy and UNC. There is nothing in the FBI report that insinuates that Shittu or his parents took any money. On the other hand, Arizona's assistant coach has been indicted and is in jail. Lets just say that if it looks like a rat it is a rat.

Udoka wanted to sign with UNC and his handler placed him with Arizona. The kid cried when it was announced he was headed to Arizona. I just don't feel good about Shittu.

Are you talking about udoka azubuke? Dude he went to Kansas not Arizona. Unless there's another udoka I'm unaware of.

No.

Dac,

Of course I will suport Little and Shittu if they come on board.

Let me give you a scenario. Have you and family members ever sat around the kitchen table and argued about something? You had different opinions, etc....I mean some tense moments. But when all was said and done, you left that room united with a "decision" whether you agreed with it or not That's the way I am. I'm fighting my battle now but if Little or/and Shittu come on board, then I will support them 100%. You will not hear from me again unless their signing comes back to haunt UNC. Regretfully, if that happens I'm going on a rampage. :)

I meant Kansas....but hopefully you got my point.

Oh I got your point by now don't worry lol. I was in th same boat as you , I just trust Roy Williams implicitly and think if he's going to take a commitment from him then me worrying is pretty pointless. I also think you're overblowing what the consequences for unc would be just a bit.

Dac,

Of course I will suport Little and Shittu if they come on board.

Let me give you a scenario. Have you and family members ever sat around the kitchen table and argued about something? You had different opinions, etc....I mean some tense moments. But when all was said and done, you left that room united with a "decision" whether you agreed with it or not That's the way I am. I'm fighting my battle now but if Little or/and Shittu come on board, then I will support them 100%. You will not hear from me again unless their signing comes back to haunt UNC. Regretfully, if that happens I'm going on a rampage. :)

I'm good with that.

Just trust Roy, he's given us no other reason not to. Even in times when we thought he was struggling (not getting top 10's), it turns out there was a reason and he steered us in the right direction.

Reactions: Sk1310
I'm good with that.

Just trust Roy, he's given us no other reason not to. Even in times when we thought he was struggling (not getting top 10's), it turns out there was a reason and he steered us in the right direction.

Dac,

I agree. We don't agree on much, but we are both loyal supporters of the team and and want the best for UNC.

I am totally relaxed right now! ( I know several elite programs aren't) I trust in Roy without question so I agree that if he accepts a recruit then he has done his due diligence. I also feel a "little" of what Steat is saying as well. It may be prudent to avoid anybody who is even tangentially related to the present scandal so we can sit back and laugh at the demise of the NCAA and subsequently, accept with grace the apology of what ever replaces them!

But I believe in my UNC Family and I will celebrate if either joins it and it is well known that I NEVER unfairly criticize Family members. Either way I expect to support my Heels through an exciting season and I fully expect to return to the FF within the next 3 years!

Consensus has moved strongly towards Vandy.

If we can only take one and both are clean, I'd definitely prefer Little. He's more talented and more polished.

Hopefully our '17 bigs show they can hold down the 5 spot.

Little declares to someone-in hours..Days to visit Fri or maybe not...if he is a 4(in his mind) because coaches and recruitniks we know what's best..nice combo..Little/Days..Shittu out of luck

If one believes those over at 247, they had Shittu to Vandy at about 99%....

I believe this has to do with the thought of having 1 scholly left. If Days still visits Friday, then Roy is trying to add to the class

If one believes those over at 247, they had Shittu to Vandy at about 99%....

Hate tell you the "Crystal Ball" predictions over at 247 are meaningless until the kid announces his announcement date. Check out where they had Laz going before he committed to Notre Dame. They change their CB's every few days depending on which way the winds blow. After they change the CB's a few times and kid commits they complement themselves for getting it right.

Hate tell you the "Crystal Ball" predictions over at 247 are meaningless until the kid announces his announcement date. Check out where they had Laz going before he committed to Notre Dame. They change their CB's every few days depending on which way the winds blow. After they change the CB's a few times and kid commits they complement themselves for getting it right.

They're not meaningless. You just have to appreciate them for what they are: predictions from people who cover recruiting professionally and generally have more information. They tell you where things seem to be trending at the time they're submitted (especially when they're from reputable folks). They're not literal crystal balls.

if Little signs/enrolls..2018..plenty of time for this to be in the hands of NCAA to say one way or the other...if they are clean-no worries..if not, I believe Augustine and those asst coaches will have sung quite the song...and UNC will remain unaffected

Yeah, that is just the key, the clearing house will then have to go to work to certify him, same with all these kids but the look may be a bit more in depth on some.

stupid question.
is it illegal for a kid to take money to play for a school.
other than not reporting it to the irs.

i don't understand how any of this is against federal law.
The crime that's most obvious is tax evasion. An AAU coach takes $100k from a shoe company to steer a recruit, and doesn't report it as income. They are evading $20-40k (depending on their tax bracket) in federal income taxes, which is a big deal.

IANAL, but I believe bribery is also a crime. As in, if I work at company A, and my team needs to buy X supplies from Company B, I can't pay the Director of Product X at Company B $50k to give my company a sweet deal. If this were legal, we'd see all sorts of bribes to managers using company money for personal benefit. It might also have something to do with the fact that these are public universities (mostly), and therefore the coaches are technically government employees. See here for more: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bribery

I'd guess fraud charges have something to do with reporting. Like maybe Adidas reports those AAU coach payments as shoe R+D costs, therefore lying on audited statements as a publicly traded company.

Reactions: Sk1310
There is also Conspiracy to defraud a University, especially public ones, involved. This is a federal crime as are most conspiracy crimes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT