ADVERTISEMENT

Shittu Official Visit - 11/10

SF and PF same class, suits me just fine. Come on to the Hill. Southern part of Heaven.

It's not out of the question. You are getting Little, but haven't heard anything about Shittu.

Would you be willing to elaborate on what you've heard about Little? I'm surprised we're still recruiting him, given recent events.

Would you be willing to elaborate on what you've heard about Little? I'm surprised we're still recruiting him, given recent events.

Without giving away premium info...go on 24/7 and look at the crystal ball results...and recent ones.

I know we're expected to get him. It's the story behind it that I'm interested in.

Don't know know about the story behind it. There were rumors he was offered money or paid to go to Zona and then when the FBI stuff came out he reopened his recruitment. I've heard he's done to UNC and it could be announced as early as this week. (of course my source is wrong at times, but right more often than not.) I trust that if UNC is taking his commitment, they have checked the situation and feel comfortable he is clean and will clear.

Reactions: Sk1310

I had thought the same as you, but you have to assume Roy has vetted and triple vetted the situation. And if he wants him, Im comfortable with it.

Well, I really never thought we were a serious contender for Shittu but man if Carolina could pull him in then this would be a heck of a class. I love the kids game and think he'd be a perfect 4/3 in Roy's system.

Reactions: Archer2
Well, I really never thought we were a serious contender for Shittu but man if Carolina could pull him in then this would be a heck of a class. I love the kids game and think he'd be a perfect 4/3 in Roy's system.

Assuming players develop like I expect them to, he'd play ~25 minutes/game backing up Maye and Brooks. Or maybe start at the 5 if Brooks disappoints.

Reactions: Archer2
Landing Shittu and Little would be the most ironic, yet fitting thing in my book.

For years we've been getting hit with negative recruiting tactics, then once everyone else gets exposed and virtually levels the playing field, we could pull in a top 5 class.

Slow and steady might just win this race.

My gut says no, but things are starting to point in that direction. Jerry Meyer, 247's Director of Basketball Recruiting, just predicted Shittu to UNC.

Meyer's picks hold a bit more merit than the others IMO. Could be something there.

Reactions: gauchoheel
Landing Shittu and Little would be the most ironic, yet fitting thing in my book.

For years we've been getting hit with negative recruiting tactics, then once everyone else gets exposed and virtually levels the playing field, we could pull in a top 5 class.

Slow and steady might just win this race.

Seriously.

How awesome would it be that we'd land two top 10 kids right after the FBI says you can't pay players anymore?

He's your reward for not paying guys all these years.

haven't lost any sleep(and surely I am not the only one) since the "scandalous news" erupted and if these 2 prospects commit and sign then I will not want to sleep for the pure joy...ah, those Carolina Blue skies)))

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Don't know know about the story behind it. There were rumors he was offered money or paid to go to Zona and then when the FBI stuff came out he reopened his recruitment. I've heard he's done to UNC and it could be announced as early as this week. (of course my source is wrong at times, but right more often than not.) I trust that if UNC is taking his commitment, they have checked the situation and feel comfortable he is clean and will clear.

I heard the same thing late tues, Little at the time strong for us and Shittu was more than 60%, from what I hear those odds have drastically increased. I hoped folks could have read my tone from how I phrased things concerning Little, been quiet on Shittu. Initially folks seemed to think I was reaching when I said let this play out cause maybe the kid was not involved in this, now seems more are coming to realize why I was was saying that.

Guys, with the news of this recruiting scandal, we have become the hot program because we seem safe from all this firestorm! What a refreshing change in the landscape!

Lets just hope a Little signing does not come back and haunt UNC in the butt. I don't want Little at UNC. I find it hard to believe that he and his family did not know what was going on. He said on his twitter feed that he had decommited from Arizona. The problem with that statement was that he never officially committed to Arizona. He immediately deleted the tweet when someone told him about it. Sorry folks...if it smells like a rat it is a rat.

I'm a financial advisor. I hate to admit this, but there are a lot of unethical people in my profession. You can bet your bottom dollar that financial advisors will be all over Little's parents during Little's OAD year with the Heels. If they take anything, the situation will ruin UNC's season. Is it worth the chance? I don't think so.

Last edited:
Lets just hope a Little signing does not come back and haunt UNC in the butt. I don't want Little at UNC. I find it hard to believe that he and his family did not know what was going on. He said on his twitter feed that he had decommited from Arizona. The problem with that statement was that he never officially committed to Arizona. He immediately deleted the tweet when someone told him about it. Sorry folks...if it smells like a rat it is a rat.

I'm a financial advisor. I hate to admit this, but there are a lot of unethical people in my profession. You can bet your bottom dollar that financial advisors will be all over Little's parents during Little's OAD year with the Heels. If they take anything, the situation will ruin UNC's season. Is it worth the chance? I don't think so.

OK steat, lets talk some cold reality, if the kid didn't take money, even if he or his family asked for it, as much as I may not like the asking for it (if it did occur) if no money transacted then no money transacted and if that is the case ethically it may not taste great but he would still be eligible.

So it becomes, do we take a kid that is eligible given the proper assumptions or do we pass on him because he doesn't taste the greatest and he goes on to have a great freshman season for some other program? If he were to come to us and hit the shot that allowed us to beat duke for example, really think folks would care how circumvented his path to us was? Nah, he would be a hero and we would want to build a statue in his image!

Keep in mind, the NCAA clearing house would have to pass him in order for him to have eligibility. And yes, I have been told a little bit more than I have let on so understand that I am picking my words very carefully.

I doubt Roy would risk the season or worse for one player. I think some are overthinking it. If he comes here it's because Roy is good with it. And if he is there's no reason the fans shouldn't be.

OK steat, lets talk some cold reality, if the kid didn't take money, even if he or his family asked for it, as much as I may not like the asking for it (if it did occur) if no money transacted then no money transacted and if that is the case ethically it may not taste great but he would still be eligible.

So it becomes, do we take a kid that is eligible given the proper assumptions or do we pass on him because he doesn't taste the greatest and he goes on to have a great freshman season for some other program? If he were to come to us and hit the shot that allowed us to beat duke for example, really think folks would care how circumvented his path to us was? Nah, he would be a hero and we would want to build a statue in his image!

Keep in mind, the NCAA clearing house would have to pass him in order for him to have eligibility. And yes, I have been told a little bit more than I have let on so understand that I am picking my words very carefully.

Dave, I want to be wrong on this and I hope you are correct. So, lets say the NCAA clears Little and something comes up later that Little took money. UNC will be hurt and the NCAA could care less. Regardless, when it is all said and done I'm rooting for the team if Little is part of it. I just don't feel good about it.

Steat, I'm in the exact same boat as you. There is only so much Roy can know through the vetting process. The Little family will only divulge what they want him to know. He can vet through other channels but whose to say those folks know everything that happened or are willing to tell Roy. Just like you, I'm mostly worried about something coming out down the road that was not known by Roy and would cause UNC to have to forfeit games Little played in.

Steat, I'm in the exact same boat as you. There is only so much Roy can know through the vetting process. The Little family will only divulge what they want him to know. He can vet through other channels but whose to say those folks know everything that happened or are willing to tell Roy. Just like you, I'm mostly worried about something coming out down the road that was not known by Roy and would cause UNC to have to forfeit games Little played in.

Think of this scenario. The FBI inteviews Little's parents under oath with the threat that it they are caught lying they are going to jail. There is no incentive for the parents to lie because they are going to get a new house, etc. once Little turns pro. So, if the "truth" is that they didn't accept any money and knew nothing, UNC comes out okay. If not, this is going to be front page news and UNC's season is ruined. On top of that, do you think Augustine (AAU coach) wants to spend 80 years in jail? Well, that's what he is looking at it if he does not flip and leads the NCAA to other people getting indicted. As long as the Littles camp tells the truth they have nothing to worry about. I just hope the truth is they took no money. Most of our posters seem to think that signing Little will not be a problem. Tell you what, this is one time I hope they are correct. Remember, this is the FBI conducting the investigations, not the incompetent NCAA.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
if Little signs/enrolls..2018..plenty of time for this to be in the hands of NCAA to say one way or the other...if they are clean-no worries..if not, I believe Augustine and those asst coaches will have sung quite the song...and UNC will remain unaffected

I doubt Roy would risk the season or worse for one player. I think some are overthinking it. If he comes here it's because Roy is good with it. And if he is there's no reason the fans shouldn't be.
Exactly. Roy will not pull the trigger unless he's sure.

Dave, I want to be wrong on this and I hope you are correct. So, lets say the NCAA clears Little and something comes up later that Little took money. UNC will be hurt and the NCAA could care less. Regardless, when it is all said and done I'm rooting for the team if Little is part of it. I just don't feel good about it.
I'm uneasy about it too, but I trust Roy implicitly. He will err on the side of caution.

Oh well, I'm still anti one & done. I prefer players who want to stick around for awhile. Getting players that may have been compromised doesn't thrill me, but I trust Roy to make decisions that are best for the team.

Writer at 247 said Little and Shittu two would make "a ferocious forward combination"...
Relax folks. We do have some time yet on both kids.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT